EASYJET WARNING !! (NOT JUST EASYJET, there's INTERFLORA, EXPEDIA, VISTAPRINT, ALLPOSTERS, NATIONAL EXPRESS etc)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 May 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
PLEASE ALSO REFER TO THREAD STARTED IN "GENERAL CHAT"  Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!! (Click blue link)

Also being discussed in many forums such as Martin's ... 3 very long pages in here currently >>  
MARTIN'S MONEYSAVINGEXPERT (Click blue link)

Would appear, from what's been written by posters, some have only clicked on the box that said "click to get £10 off next flight" &, even though they may not have entered any other details, the next thing that happens is they (ie Shopper Discounts & Rewards) send you a l-o-n-g email a week after "signing up" unwittingly to their subscription service (you may find the email in your spam mail) which has a membership number on. You will need the membership number in order to cancel £8 monthly subscription.

On Martin's site there's a post by the company taking your £8 monthly.  16-04-2008, 6:49 PM Message 23

Dear Forum Members,

We have come across this forum and would like the opportunity to answer your questions or address your concerns.

We encourage you to contact our Customer Service team on 0808 234 1539 (this is a free phone number), Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. and Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., or send us an email to
customerservice@webloyalty.co.uk. One of our dedicated customer service representatives will be happy to help you either by answering questions or cancelling your membership if you are unhappy.

Webloyalty wants to ensure that Shopper Discounts & Rewards members understand and derive full discount and insurance benefits from their memberships. Your feedback is both important and valuable to us.

With very best regards,
Customer Service Team
Shopper Discounts & Rewards

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/31/2008.

Like 0      
31 May 2008 10:53 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

What EasyJet are doing from there bookings website IS FRAUD!

Take a look at the 1st link in Morerosado's post below.

And Sandra and More, I believe we all owe both of you many thanks, as methinks you both have saved a lot of people from falling for this sort of Scam.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 5/31/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
31 May 2008 11:52 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
NEW READERS : YOU MUST READ FIRST POST !!!!!!!!!!

Hi technoape. We booked Easyjet flights on 21st May &  we clicked  but can't recall doing anything else as my OH & I both saw "subscription" mentioned so OH said to leave it as they obviously wanted some money for it. 

(But, who wouldn't click on something saying "click here to get £10 off your next flight ?) Seems we may have been scammed ourselves.

I use Incredimail so I get spam in daily so if I receive an email from Shoppers Discount I'll see it. Nothing arrived yet & it's now 10 days. Not at all sure if they get details with you just clicking though. Easyjet say you have needed to do one of two things according to what Sandra found on their website.

I've just logged into my account with Easyjet & the confirmation of my flight booked 21st May has this at top & further down too.

"Thank you for booking with Easyjet. Our preferred partner would like to invite you to join a paid subscription service for access to discount offers."

Click here to claim your £10 cashback incentive on your next Easyjet booking." Underneath that it says "By clicking above you can claim your reward by our preferred partner. Terms & conditions apply." (but no link to the T & C !!)

I don't know whether we've got messed up in this or not. OH says as far as he recalls we didn't do anything other than click the link but maybe that's ALL that was needed, time will tell.

............  .............  .............  ................  ................  ..........  

Like 0      
31 May 2008 12:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
NEW READERS : YOU MUST READ FIRST POST !!!!!!!!!!

FOUND ON EASYJET SITE AFTER SEARCHING FOR "SHOPPERS DISCOUNTS"

INFO RE S.D.

Like 0      
31 May 2008 12:25 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar
More hi,

Thank you so much for posting about this.  What would EOS be without you?

Impey

Like 0      
31 May 2008 12:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
NEW READERS : YOU MUST READ FROM THE VERY FIRST POST !!!!!!!!!!

I saw this on Easyjet... How do I access my Shopper Discounts & Rewards membership? in their Q's & A's. 

It said...
Please go to the website at www.shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk. You must use the email address you have on file with Shopper Discounts & Rewards and your password to log into the site. The email address is either the address you provided when you enrolled in the service or updated on the Member Profile page.

If you have forgotten your password you can receive an email reminder by going to the site and clicking on Forgot Your Password, from the menu bar. This option will send you a reminder email within minutes.

If you have any further questions, please contact Shopper Discounts & Rewards at 0808 234 1539 and they will be more than happy to assist you. 

I then went into the shopper discounts site not from Easyjet's link (just in case ) & typed the email address in that we used for the booking & I clicked on "forgotten password". It took you to a new page where I had to type in the email address again. It  said That email address does not exist

We have been lucky !! Whew !  So, if you're concerned try getting the site to send your password & that should show you if they have your email address on THEIR records ! If they haven't you must be safe.

Like 0      
31 May 2008 1:13 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar
More hello again,

Just did what you suggested and it came up negative for my e-mail address.  Thank goodness for that.  What a relief!

Impey

Like 0      
31 May 2008 2:36 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
I am a member of the Easyjet Community Forum & I have just posted on the message boards about this.

I have told Easyjet that they are getting some very bad publicity & that they need to sort this out.

Thanks for the email More.

Regards

Noreen

I have since found other messages on this topic on the Easyjet Forum & this response from Easyjet.:

Thank you for your post. Although the registration process for the programme does layout the programme's details, we do accept your point that easyJet could give an additional pre-notification to customers. Around 10 days ago we added an explicit statement next to the Shoppers Discounts and Rewards click through on our flight confirmation page. The statement is there to make it clear to our customers that the partner service being offered is a subscription proposition. We hope that this will clarify the offering and ensure that customers sign up to the monthly fee on a fully informed basis. If you have queries regarding the service, which is operated by Shoppers Discounts and Rewards, please contact them directly on 0808 234 1539 (free phone). If you are not satisfied with their response, please do come back to us.

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 5/31/2008.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
31 May 2008 3:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
NEW READERS HERE : YOU MUST READ FROM THE VERY FIRST POST !!!!!!!!!!

Hi Noreen, no problem. Could you maybe post a link to the Easyjet Community Forum so we can all read it ?

Like 0      
31 May 2008 3:57 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Hi More

Sorry can't do the link because you have to be a member & it is by invitation only.

If I see any more info on there I will post it on EOS.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
31 May 2008 4:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Oooooooooooo... Noreen, you ARE honoured.  No one asked poor More !!

Like 0      
31 May 2008 9:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

CHECK THIS THREAD !

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 11:05 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

CHECK THIS THREAD ! VERY IMPORTANT

Like 0      
02 Jun 2008 10:24 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
NEW READERS TO THIS THREAD : YOU MUST READ FROM THE VERY FIRST POST !!!!!!!!!!

CHECK OUT THIS THREAD ! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT

Read in conjunction with Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!!
 in general chat

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 12:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Posted in the other thread too...  Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!!

They must be worried & QUITE RIGHTLY TOO !!!!!!!!! 

16 Jul 2008 12:43 PM

Webloyalty
Star rating
Parcela

I've made 1 posts

Send private message to Webloyalty

Dear Forum Members:

We have come across this forum and would like the opportunity to answer your questions or address your concerns about our membership program, Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

We encourage you to contact our Customer Service team on 0808 234 1539 (this is a free phone number), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm.  One of our dedicated customer service representatives will be happy to help by either answering your questions or cancelling your membership if you are unhappy.  

Webloyalty wants to ensure that Shopper Discounts & Rewards members understand and derive full discount and insurance benefits from their memberships.   Your feedback is both important and valuable to us.

With very best regards,
Webloyalty Customer Service Team
Shopper Discounts & Rewards

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:23 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Easyjet have removed link from website.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 11:14 AM by alcaidesa-sotogrande Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

whats going on. the first post doesnt tell me what the issue is

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 11:20 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Yes, it certainly does
Click BLUE LINKS !!

Another thread on EOS is also given.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 10:27 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Just want to thank everybody for this information.  I have now had my money refunded, but it's thanks to EOS for giving me the details I needed.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
30 Sep 2008 9:25 AM by sars Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi, 
I have also been had by this on the website, it came up click here to recieve £10 off your  easyjet flight and didn't mention anything about an £8 monthly fee, I phoned my bank some months ago from spain, but they didn't cancel it, so when i went back to uk I phoned them again and they had to cancel my card, I told them I wasn't sure what it was for as I used my mums email address for the booking, and they sent 2 emails at the begining, about 5-6 months ago, my bank has now claimed back 2 months of the money but I need to write to the bank for them to claim the rest back, as far a I am concerned it was a CON, as it does not say that you are going to be charged and I never did get the £10 voucher. and if your paying monthly subscription you should at least recieve emails from this company, and would you really get discounts!!!! who knows.

Sarah

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

one for the EOS team or an old hand - 3 posts
Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!! - 24 posts
Restaurants in Elviria? - 22 posts
Made to Measure Curtains - La Cala De Mijas area - 2 posts
Flights from Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead to Almera or Murcia ??? - 3 posts
LHD Conversion - 13 posts
Extending mortguage period - Cam bank - 5 posts
Hola! - 13 posts
Refund of excess purchase costs - 4 posts
advice needed for single mum - 14 posts
NEWS FLASH - 8 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Changes to Townhouse Location by Developer - 4 posts
Castle Link Villa - 2 posts
Newcastle,Murcia, and Alicante Flights. - 3 posts
Child Travelling in Front Seats - 3 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria - 22 posts
Jet 2 winter season to Murcia released - 7 posts
completion problems - 3 posts
Can we do this??? - 5 posts
subrogation fees - 8 posts
jackoi - 5 posts
Any lawyers in Duquesa that will help make our Will - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x