Shopper Discounts and Easy Jet WARNING!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2008 1:39 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

It is not the scheme I have a complaint with, but the devious method you use to sign people up.

Without realising when booking my Easyjet flights, I had unwittingly agreed to you charging £8.00 per month to my credit card for the 'privilege' of shopping at one of your on-line stores, where I was promised a discount.

After a number of emails and/or  phone calls to Shopper Discounts, Easyjet,my credit card company, trading standards etc., I.e., generally kicking up a right old stink, you credited my account  with my £8.00 the following month.

Of course had I not noticed the amount on my card, for say 12 months, you would have had the benefit of my £96 and the £96 of however many other people you has scammed . I can only guess this at 200,000 people per annum, which   would give you a floating amount of £19.2 million.
Not bad eh?
And I'll guess the number to be way above 200,000.
Add to that £19.2 million bank interest of say 7% then it doesn't take a mathematician to realise you can have no possible interest in changing the devious way you 'sign' people up to your scam   scheme.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 1:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
WELL SAID, SANDRA

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 9:05 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

I would like to say thank you to everyone on EOS for highlighting this.  I had noticed that £8 was being taken out of my account, but as we have been travelling to and from Spain over the last few months, I hadn't managed to work out what it was for and didn't know how to get it stopped.  As soon as I read this thread I realised what had happened, and am pleased to say that the money has been reimbursed.

You are all stars!!!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
29 Mar 2009 8:23 PM by unabryn Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I just thought I'd let you know that this scam is still going on some months after the last posting.  It seems it's now £10 a month unauthorised payment Shopper Discounts now take.  I purchased an iron in February and was asked if I'd like a £15 voucher off my next purchase - of course I said Yes!  I didn't realise I had signed up for membership to this company. It might be an idea to list all the companies involved.  I purchased my iron from electricshopping - it was the cheapest company but I certainly won't be buying from them again.  As soon as I spotted the £10 on mt statement yesterday, I called Shopper Discounts and the lady I spoke to said she would cancel my "membership" and refund my £10. 

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 4:32 AM by Elle2009 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

its shockin. but good to know

thanx

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Restaurants in Elviria? - 22 posts
Made to Measure Curtains - La Cala De Mijas area - 2 posts
Flights from Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead to Almera or Murcia ??? - 3 posts
LHD Conversion - 13 posts
Extending mortguage period - Cam bank - 5 posts
Hola! - 13 posts
Refund of excess purchase costs - 4 posts
advice needed for single mum - 14 posts
NEWS FLASH - 8 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Changes to Townhouse Location by Developer - 4 posts
Castle Link Villa - 2 posts
Newcastle,Murcia, and Alicante Flights. - 3 posts
Child Travelling in Front Seats - 3 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria - 22 posts
Jet 2 winter season to Murcia released - 7 posts
completion problems - 3 posts
Can we do this??? - 5 posts
subrogation fees - 8 posts
jackoi - 5 posts
Any lawyers in Duquesa that will help make our Will - 5 posts
?what is happening with Dona Julia golf developments in Casares costa, Malaga. - 12 posts
Bouncy castle - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x