Personal Safety

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by ladybiker Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I have just bought a lovely apartment on a development in the Costa Blanca and had a lovely weekend cleaning and sorting it out with masses of shopping for furniture. We had a great time (apart from the lousey weather). On my return to the UK I was shocked to hear that a friend of mine who was also out completing on his little bungalow a little inland from us was robbed. Apparently he and his wife were just parking outside their bungalow when some chap asked them to move the car up a bit so a lorry could pass them - as they started to move the car the rear windscreen was smahed and then the passenger side window was smashed and one of the men snatched my friends wife's handbag. They made off at speed in (I believe) a stolen car. The story is apparently Eastern Europeans come across to spain and target the tourists in hire cars in just this way. A few weeks robbing and they go back to wherever they came from. I am due to go back again soon with my sister and I am concerned about our safety. Can anyone advise me about the spanish law on carrying some sort of defensive weapon - pepper spray or a metal baton perhaps? I would feel happier if I had something and would not hesitate to use it if necessary but don't want to end up being arrested by the Spanish police. Any views or useful weblinks would be appreciated.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2007 12:17 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

I

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2007 12:21 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Whether illegal or not I think that you would find yourself supported by the police if you took positive action - they abhor incidents like this particularly when women are the victims - not sure about the iron bar and not sure how subtle it is but some type of spray could be a good idea. Just be vigilant all the time and if something looks supicious proceed with caution.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Importing a car into Spain tax free - 1 posts
Lo Crispen ALGORFA Geoffrey - 1 posts
Handyman for hire! - 0 posts
Malcolm - 1 posts
Malcolm - 7 posts
La Canada San Miguel - 1 posts
Spanish Festivals - 12 posts
Sant Ana Golf Jumilla(San Jose) - 5 posts
Punta Plata Apartments - Estepona - 1 posts
Habitation Licence Granted, But Apartment Not Ready. - 6 posts
Do not use - 22 posts
Planning permission - 0 posts
Habitation License - 1 posts
Webcam - 9 posts
Cudeca on Canal Sur - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 4 posts
PRINCESS KRISTINA properties - 22 posts
TONIGHT " SICK IN THE SUN" REPORTS ON EXPATS IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Commercial Rentals or Market Stall in Estepona - 3 posts
Golf in the Duquesa area - 3 posts
CAR HIRE IN SPAIN (REVIEWS WEBSITE) - 0 posts
IDENTITY CARDS - 9 posts
Disney in Spain? - 19 posts
Mortgage for short term - 3 posts
GPS THEFT - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x