PRINCESS KRISTINA properties

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by john hickton Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi all ,

Been looking round for some time now and although i have seen quite a few places , i have yet to encounter that "yes i want it " feeling. Been up to Princess Kristina area once or twice and it looks ok , but i noticed when i was flicking thru google that there were a few negatives from people. Anybody on here live there , or used to , or know somebody who does , that can give me some feedback. Obviously , i will be making my own decision regarding it and be going up there a few more times yet , but its nice to hear other peoples opinions about it and other urbanizations around that area.

Thanks in advance

JH

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 10:43 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hiya John,

Yep! We have purchased a Duplex at 'Las Colinas de Princessa Kristina' and having looked at over 60 - 70 properties over 3 to 4 months, it was more or less exactly what we were looking for and came with an East - West orientation. Unless you do a new build, you will never get exactly what you want - view, orientation (very important), beds, baths, etc.

It all depends on what you want out of your property: Holiday Home, Rental Income or Spanish Residence. It's mostly British were we are and a mixture of all three, however I think Rental Income would be low due to the fact it's an 'Urb' and not 'Beech Side'.

There are positives and negatives about any and all property on the CDS (Costa Del Sol). You need to look at what you want , where along the CDS you want to be and what you want out of it - but most importantly what you can afford with very little or no rental income at all - Then decide.

Look at as much property in the area that gives you that ''Wow - I must buy' or 'Yes! I want it feeling'.  It was Duquesa, Manilva that gave us the 'feeling' - and then we looked in earnest and we found that 'Yes! We want it!' and then some.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 1:20 PM by jj2006 Star rating in Rochdale/Altos de Pr.... 18 posts Send private message

Hi,

We are in the process of buying on Altos de Princesa Kristina (is this this same as you??). Going over on Monday 12th to sort out furniture packs etc.....

Let me know if there is any info you need??

Cheers

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 7:03 PM by toto99 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi My Husband and I and Cats moved in about  7 months ago and we love it. we have one of the Apartments as you come into the urb, block 3. (Altos) we love it. Neighbours are great and the urb is relativly quite. we bout ours as a distressed sale, which is why there are so many neg feed backs, the Urb is great just a bad agent ripped a lot of the original buyers off. Strongly recomend.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 9:58 AM by john hickton Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi ,

Thanks all for your replies. Still looking ,but not gonna rush into anything . We are buying as residential , no plans to move back to dear old Blighty or rent out. That negative feedback regarding the bad agent is a big possibility , but for every few good views , there is always a negative lurking around.

Thnks again.

JH

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 10:38 AM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

John,

I know where Pincesa Kristina is, I worked on the project of the red Hotel a bit farther down the road ( It carries my name but with the "Don" as a "prefix")...... I think it is a very good place and if I were you I would consider that area as having a lot of potential because there is an "ongoing affaire" between the Disney Co..... and the Manilva Town Hall which nobody knows exactly how it is going to work.... but definitelly, Disney is landing and they have the "beach head" ready.... For more info on Disney in Mnilva, check on the Ayuntamiento de Manilva web page or otherwise, just "google" Disney + Manilva+project........ loads of results will come out as the "rumour" became "official" a year ago.....

Cheers,

Juan.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 8:27 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi jj2006,

"Altos" is phase three of the Los "phase" de Princessa Kristina. Our Duplex is in Phase one or "Colinas" hence Los Colinas de Princessa Kristina. We love it there, it's so quite and yet so close to the amenities and with a Petrol Station right at the bottom of the hill before you go out and a new Commercial Centre almost completed at Los Hidalgos before you come in, everything you need is quite handy. The port of Duquesa, the Castillio Duquesa, the beaches and don't forget Sabinillas are just down the road and with Estepona or Gibraltar just 20 mins away in either direction, what more could you want? Everything the CDS has to offer, but at the quite end of town!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 8:28 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi Juan,

Yes! Disney will put Manilva and Duquesa on the map, as if Caseras hasn't already, in what way is very tight lipped at the moment but things are definitely happening, especially as the new road between Manilva and Estepona is already under construction. When it comes to Disney, you must consider that the site now occupied by 'Selwo' near Estepona lost out to France due to infrastructure. And since the completion of Disneyland Paris, look at the continued progress of infrastructure in the CDS especially in the region between Estepona and Sotogrande, what's it called again, oh yes! MANILVA. Sorry! A little bit biased as it is such a wonderful area of the CDS.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 8:28 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi again John,

Both of my immediate neighbours in Phase one are 'Resident' and don't forget when you buy into an 'Urb' most of them are. If you buy Beech side then it's going to be Holiday let, so the only advice I can give you is:

Buy into an 'Urb' that's the other side of the Beech, other side of the road up the hill and very, very quite with few Holiday lets.

What I call the 'Chill Zone' when I sit on our rear veranda and look at the Andalucian Hills, a glass of San Miguel in hand (the rest of the bottle to my side), the sun setting over my shoulder and hitting the hills. WOW! (Sniff! I'm there now)

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
10 May 2007 1:52 PM by myles Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Probably a long shot but you never know until you try!!  I wondered if any of you other owners knew of anyone looking to buy as well?  I have a 3 bedroomed penthouse in Altos de Kristina and sadly have to part with it so just thought I would put my feelers out before putting it in the hands of the agents.  Thanks!

Like 0      
17 May 2007 1:28 PM by NicolaH Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, we are looking to buy in Spain as a holiday home. We were originally looking in Costa Blanca buying off plan in La Marina. We had a bad experience with it beingover 2 years late, but we have just managed to get our money back off Larossa.

Have decided to look around more this time, and prefer the Costa del Sol, as like the landscape better. We were out this weekend and looked round Duquesa, really liked it but slightly concerned as to how much development is happening there and how 'British' it is. We also want to look at Nerja, can anyone recommend anywhere else. We did think of Cast se la Luz, but thought the climate may be not be as good, and the sea colder being the Atlantic.

We looked at a couple of duplexes for sale at Los Colinos Princesa Kristina and really liked them, we may be interested in  buying if you want to contact me on nicolah68@hotmail.com with details.

What is the market really like? Are properties selling? Is the market crashing?

Like 0      
17 May 2007 1:45 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

hI Nicola h,

Sorry to hear about your bad Experience with Larrossa at La Marina(just up the road from me).

If you send Rixxy a pm she may well be able to help as i would imagine she has property in the area and probably the development.

The difference between the areas is predominanly price,the CDS is a bit more refined as a whole but the CB is catching up quickly.

If you look in the buying property thread you will see numerous comments on all angles of the market place,you are then free to make up your own mind.

If you do consider the Costa Blanca area again feel free to pm me as i may be able to help.

Just a little bit of advice,Take your email addy of the post or else you will be inundated with messages you do not neccesarily want,use the private messsage facility its much safer.

Hope this Helps

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
23 May 2007 1:22 PM by P&D Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Nicola

why don't you have a look at Mojon Hills on the Costa Callida in Murcia ?  It has lovely sea views, mountains and national park surrounding it .  Very quiet out of season and good weather for most of the year.

Pauline

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 5:44 PM by bichon Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi to all other Princesa Kristina property owners.

We completed in 2006 on our phase 1 apartment, and have no regrets at all.

The developement and finish to the properties is first class and great value for money.

The location is great, walking distance to the beach and Port, and a short drive to Gib and Estepona etc. and  terrific for golf. What more could you ask for!

Looking forward to our visit next month.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 8:09 PM by Esteruca Star rating in Costa del Sol. 64 posts Send private message

Hello everyone, I live and work in the Manilva area. Due to my job I am involve a lot with townhalls, banks, lawyers etc..... and I can only said - Do not purchase a property in the area thinking that Disney will be in Manilva.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2008 2:55 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

I personally did not like this complex but my husband did.     I thought it looked like a concrete jungle and I hated the colour.    I have to admit that the apartments themselves were lovely but I just could not see myself living there - you would need a car.   My advice would be to look around more and really decide what you want .  The deciding  factor between my husband  and myself was the distance to the Port and Sabanillas - we would need a car and that was what we did not want., my daughter does not drive and my family would feel quite isolated there.    If I rented there I would not go back , that is why the Duquesa Marina has been so successful for rental properties- it is so near facilities.    We were also not very happy about walking back late at night as there is no pavement .    My  children could not afford a taxi every night to go out. and the Castillo area although nice is very quiet for young people.     Super apartments but not for me. 

Like 0      
04 Apr 2008 11:44 AM by bichon Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi, I felt I needed to defend Princesa Kristina from the negative comments made by the previous person.

The complex is definitely  not a concrete jungle, the green areas are spacious and well planted. There is  a tennis court and two paddle tennis courts and a large swimming pool.

The town houses are painted cream and the apartments are mustard.

You can walk to the Port approx. 20 mins. The area is quiet, but then you have the best of both worlds, a car is recommended but you can easily get by without one. There are paths, but again its knowing the area. 

We use and rent out apartment and have return bookings from families.

I appreciate that everyone has their own opinion on what they like and dislike, but such negativity is hard to understand from someone who apparently has not stayed there.  

Like 0      
06 Apr 2008 10:35 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

I did not mean to cause offence but I was trying to highlight that one has to look at all aspects of buying a property.  As I said if I had been agreable my husband would have bought a property at PK  - it was me that did not like it.    I felt that my husband did not take  into account of where it was situated . 

Perhaps I have been spoiled as we have a relative who has an apartment at the Duquesa Marina and that has got to be the best place for faciities although on its down side she does not like it in the summer as it is too crowded.   We spent a holiday in November and March there and it was superb.   

I  have two children in their twenties who want to bring their friends , I would be terrified if they had attempted to walk home along that road ( its bad enough walking from the MD to what used to be Rorys bar the way the traffic roars along the road  ).  If there had been a pavement of some kind then OK as we are a family who don't mind walking.   I was thinking about the future when they may have children - buggies, shopping etc something that my husband confessed he never even though about .  If you don't have that problem and don't mind driving then PK or any other property 20 mins from the Marina will be OK .    I love Sabinillas but it is a nightmare to park in the summer and my husband does like to have a few beers and I cannot see myself driving in Spain .

The facilities at PK are great , the apartments are beautiful and the Town houses werre really lovely but as the estate agent said to me you really have thought about this I wish all my clients had done their homework so thoroughly . Often client come back and said lthey love their apartment etc but we only wish it was nearer the port.

PK , Los Hidalgos etc were lovely apartments but their positions were just not right for me .    Everyone should research thoroughly and look at your own lifestyle as well.  That was really what I was trying to point out..

Like 0      
06 Apr 2008 7:46 PM by jackie12 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

jackie12´s avatar
We have an apartment in Los Hidalgos.  Which is just up the road from Princess Kristina.  We are looking to move out permenantly and looked at the semi detached town houses  We really liked them but the only thing that concerns us is that a lot of the urbanisation seems to be empty.  So we have decided to stay in our apartment.  Maybe it will sell eventually!  But at least we will have neighbours.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 9:51 AM by miko Star rating in west hythe kent. 8 posts Send private message

Hi we have an apartment in Princessa Kristina, we stayed in it for the first time this weekend the 12 july, We loved it so relaxing,very quiet, cannot wait to go over to stay again, although we really need to rent it out.we did not realise how lovely it is . the view across to Gibralter ,sitting on the virander with our glass of wine, we did not want to come home to England. We have got to sort out the tax for our apartment does any one know a good soliciter that does not charge the earth. Thanks Pam and Grant.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TONIGHT " SICK IN THE SUN" REPORTS ON EXPATS IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Commercial Rentals or Market Stall in Estepona - 3 posts
Golf in the Duquesa area - 3 posts
CAR HIRE IN SPAIN (REVIEWS WEBSITE) - 0 posts
IDENTITY CARDS - 9 posts
Disney in Spain? - 19 posts
Mortgage for short term - 3 posts
GPS THEFT - 0 posts
Great music .. well, I like it.......... - 2 posts
la tercia real - 6 posts
Illegal builds - 6 posts
Appartment to Rent - 0 posts
Do Agents "split" commission ? - 10 posts
Never on time! Here's why - 1 posts
Emma's Fund - 2 posts
TREVOR MCDONALD PROGRAMME MONDAY 29TH - 20 posts
ROYAL CABAPINO - 1 posts
4sale - 8 posts
Buying in a polaris resort - 10 posts
Car Hire - 7 posts
Where to live on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Property to rent in Estepona - 17 posts
Building permit - 24 posts
Los Granados del Mar - 1 posts
TONIGHT .. C4 A PLACE IN THE SUN, HOME OR AWAY ..LONDON / MARBELLA - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x