Commercial Rentals or Market Stall in Estepona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Estepona End of March, I would like to set up a handbag etc shop or stall in Estepona.

Does anyone have any advise on prices, agents etc , would really like to hear from someone

Leanne

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 3:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Leanne

The markets are tough.  For many of the main ones there are long waiting lists for a stall.  Selling handbags will be really tough as many Africans sell leather handbags and fakes on their stalls, so competition would be huge.

Setting up a shop is always risky.  Your overheads can be quite high when you consider rents, stock, storage, transportation, etc. 

I know a bit about this because some friends of ours came out and did exactly what you are thinking of doing.  They found it really hard.  In fact they had to close the shop as it was such hard work for very little money.  They also had a market stall and found it hard to get a pitch particularly not knowing enough Spanish to haggle for one (I think they had to give back handers in the end).

They have since returned to UK where they make much more money and life if easier for them there.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:12 PM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply, Its something i woul;d really do the stock isnt a problem as my aunt owns a handbag wholesalers.

would it be easy to get one of those stalls along the beachfront ( A hut)

Leanne

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:48 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Leanne Justin is right - MASSIVE competition from the looky looky men. Not to mention competition from the Spanish themselves selling imports and local "non designer" labels - not sure about Estepona but S Pedro, Marbella, Banus, all crawling with handbag and leather goods shops. If you set up in a hut on the front it is likely the local police will close you down - there is a lot going on with those in marbella at the moment as they were only ever intended as stalls for ice creams, chiringuitos sweets cafes etc - the authorities dont like anyone hawking their wares on the beaches or the promenades and there is a campaign running throughout Spain to reclaim the beaches and associated buildings etc for the people.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Golf in the Duquesa area - 3 posts
CAR HIRE IN SPAIN (REVIEWS WEBSITE) - 0 posts
IDENTITY CARDS - 9 posts
Disney in Spain? - 19 posts
Mortgage for short term - 3 posts
GPS THEFT - 0 posts
Great music .. well, I like it.......... - 2 posts
la tercia real - 6 posts
Illegal builds - 6 posts
Appartment to Rent - 0 posts
Do Agents "split" commission ? - 10 posts
Never on time! Here's why - 1 posts
Emma's Fund - 2 posts
TREVOR MCDONALD PROGRAMME MONDAY 29TH - 20 posts
ROYAL CABAPINO - 1 posts
4sale - 8 posts
Buying in a polaris resort - 10 posts
Car Hire - 7 posts
Where to live on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Property to rent in Estepona - 17 posts
Building permit - 24 posts
Los Granados del Mar - 1 posts
TONIGHT .. C4 A PLACE IN THE SUN, HOME OR AWAY ..LONDON / MARBELLA - 3 posts
Kristina Szekely involved in the Malaya case? - 12 posts
I.V.F. and completion - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x