Disney in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar

Don't know if anyone is aware of strong rumours of a Disney world coming to the Manilva / Duquesa area of the south of Spain.  Interesting to see what other people think.

Apologies if it's been mentioned in another thread.

Simon

Like 0      
28 Jan 2007 6:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Si, yes there are plans for "someting" in the area.  You can read a little more about it at www.disneyspain.eu

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:34 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

yes there are plans for "someting" in the area

Julian, you've "gone Irish" on us again. Where are your aitches, dear boy??

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Sorry again, JUSTIN.

BTW, Where's the edit facility when you need it?

Ahh, it appears only when I return to a thread immediately after posting.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 1/29/2007.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 1/29/2007.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Leave him alone its the closet Irishman in him -

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:54 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Is someone slagging the Irish?????

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 4:58 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You are kidding me - with a name like mine - you have clearly missed some of the previous between Roberto and me - one of the other threads is actually entitled Healtcare (no H) and some reference made to Superpaddies on there as well.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 5:01 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
So how many of us Irish people are there here?

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 5:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
According to my web stats at least 25% of visitors to the site are from Ireland and what a great friendly 25% they are too!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 5:17 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You mean there are people allowed on this site who arent Irish? Or at least partially?

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 5:36 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Hardly anything about it though, last mention was last APRIL !!!

26 April 2006

After months of speculation it seems all the rumours were true.  Disney is planning to start a new project in the municipality of Manilva on the Costa del Sol in Spain.

The first official statement was covered by the Sunday times on April 16 2006.  The funny thing about this article is the differences in opinion between the Disney executive and the Manilva town hall.  The Disney spokesman states:

"While I completely agree that a Euro Disney would do well in Spain and personally I believe it should have been opened here in the first place, there are no plans to open a second or mini amusement park in Spain for the time being."  The most likely project is a Disney summer camp for children

However, the view of the Manilva town hall is of a project on a slightly larger scale:

"It is at a sensitive stage, so I can't say too much, but the eventual aim is to open a Euro Disney-type park in four or five years."  I suppose they would say that!  Whatever Disney is planning to do in the area will have a major impact on tourism and will greatly benefit the area in terms of jobs and property rentals.

It seems that Disney have been quietly acquiring land in the area (presumably so that the land sellers don't know who's after the land or they would massively inflate the land prices), although it is not publically known exactly where in the Manilva area. 

Disney had originally shortlised the Costa del Sol as a site for Euro Disney, but lost out to Paris due to poor communications in the area, a move that they probably very much regretted.  The chosen site, near Estepona, has since become a huge safari park known as Selwo Aventura

Lots of property owners in the Manilva area are now getting very excited over this whole project.  Whatever Disney are planning to do in the area it will certainly have a major impact on tourism in Manilva.

That's why we've put this site together.  We plan to keep you totally up to date as and when we find out any information about the project.

Bookmark us and check back often to read the latest news.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 5:58 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
25% Irish...that's not too bad now. There are a few Irish people in this area, but they never seem to have problems with their computers. We haven't had any Irish customers yet anyway...they must use someone else!

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 6:05 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Janice there has been something since then - some local Spanish press picked up on something in the autumn and Disney officials seen here with Justins favourite mayor and also reps of the Junta de Andalucia. It will not be another Euro Disney that is for definite but something along the lines of an ecological or sports theme park - White Water rafting, climbing, animals - more of an adventure park with an ecological theme.

Hey perhaps its going to be a Jurassic Park - that'd be an adventure - we could feed the Town Hall officials to the animals - somewhere for me to call home as well - ageing lothario that I am.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 10:15 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Smiley, I MEANT there was nothing in that link  www.disneyspain.eu  after April. (Actually it was 29th May, the last post.)

29 May 2006

There's not a lot more information available at the moment following the announcement of the Disney project by the town hall of Manilva, but I did find an interesting article today in a local paper called "Diario Costa".  It contained a feature on the Disney project which I'll summarise here for you:

The article confirms that Disney will be involved in a project that will focus on young people "being in touch with nature", similar to what we have with the Selwo park already in Estepona.   The rest of the article covers mot of the information from the original press release but at the end it mentions something of interest......this project won't cost Disney or the Manilva town hall any money!!  So who is funding the project and where is it to be located?  The mstery continues.

We'll keep you posted as and when we find out more information. 

Like 0      
29 Jan 2007 10:41 PM by resuccess Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** 

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 1/30/2007.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 3:58 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Perhaps its Roman Abramovich - rumour going round here about 12 months ago that he has bought Estepona Port (or one of his companies) because his boats are too big to park in Puerto Banus - around the same time consent was given for estepona to expand the number of berths there to about 900 or something - could be a lot of old cobblers but one never knows! I wonder if men of wealth consider boats an extension of their manhood in the same way that men of less wealth supposedly consider their cars? HMMM interesting quandry but I suspect I will never have to worry about that answer!

Rgds

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:03 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Smiley

Interesting concept ...manhood ..wealth..boats...cars ...have you got a bus timetable for me...Duquesa to Marbella??

John

Regards

John

Like 0      
30 Jan 2007 4:07 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry cant help - will ask the trouble and strife she might have one for visitors

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 5:01 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Have read on another web site that after a Manilva council meeting recently,  there are absolutely no plans for a Disney theme park or anything else in the area! Is that so bad?

Alan

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 7:20 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Of course there isnt! This one has been doing the rounds and aggrivated by eagents to get sales. There is nothing happening that neck of the woods - nice place to live if you dont want any life!

Yes boats are floating manhoods!!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mortgage for short term - 3 posts
GPS THEFT - 0 posts
Great music .. well, I like it.......... - 2 posts
la tercia real - 6 posts
Illegal builds - 6 posts
Appartment to Rent - 0 posts
Do Agents "split" commission ? - 10 posts
Never on time! Here's why - 1 posts
Emma's Fund - 2 posts
TREVOR MCDONALD PROGRAMME MONDAY 29TH - 20 posts
ROYAL CABAPINO - 1 posts
4sale - 8 posts
Buying in a polaris resort - 10 posts
Car Hire - 7 posts
Where to live on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Property to rent in Estepona - 17 posts
Building permit - 24 posts
Los Granados del Mar - 1 posts
TONIGHT .. C4 A PLACE IN THE SUN, HOME OR AWAY ..LONDON / MARBELLA - 3 posts
Kristina Szekely involved in the Malaya case? - 12 posts
I.V.F. and completion - 5 posts
air conditioning - 3 posts
Healthcare in the UK - 37 posts
Individual Room Sizes - 13 posts
Spanish wills link - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x