Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2008 8:25 PM by Antleigh Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

????Am I missing something here???

Like 0      
17 Apr 2008 8:53 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

JohnKath:

I am glad you like it.

Do you know the history of  " Nomadejado"?

Buenas noches!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 12:08 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Did a walking tour some years ago of Sevila, with Carmen - I wonder if she's still there? She explained the No8Do logo (found on manhole covers as well as other places around the city). Something to do with Alfonso X, king in the 17th century I think, who had a mutual affection for the city. No Me Ha Dejado = you 've never left (abandoned) me. Madejo = a skein of wool, pictured as a figure 8. So a bit of a play on words to arrive at Nomadejo.

But there may be other theories.......Maria?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 8:19 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Correct!
Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 9:17 AM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Yes it was something like that "It (she) will not let me down" we saw it in the window of a ceramic shop on a card next to a tile bearing the Sevilla motto. It referred to the fact that Sevilla was the last city of Al ANDALUS TO REMAIN LOYAL TO THE KING and did not abandon him.

We were walking up the small street opposite the Giraldo Tower which is full of touristy shops and (very good) Tapas bars. One about half way is so full of students from the university they almost fill the street.

We had just signed for our Costa Esuri plot at Punta Umbria and had gone on into Sevilla to celebrate in May 2004. We were very nervous about what we were getting into and seeing the card decided that this would be the name for our villa.

It has been a very rocky journey since then and the plot still does not have electricity but we are getting there.

I also read thet the tradition in Spain when a new building was finished to roof level was to fly a flag from the highest point and drink beer to celibrate so that is why I wanted a City of Sevilla flag.

We went back to the same street in January to see if we could get one however not one shop admitted to selling them so we had to settle for the "T Shirt" but the roof is not yet finished so if we can get one before our holiday in May we maybe can keep to the tradition and celibrate our new villa No8Do in style.

John.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2008 10:16 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Hola Maria,

We bought a Sat Nav for our trip in May and fed in the address you gave to me to buy a single No8Do flag. However driving all the way down from Bilbao and having lots to do we did not get round to finding the shop. Flew into Savilla a week ago picked up a hire car turned the Sat Nav on and followd the directions straight there in about 20mins.

Double parked dashed in the shop and bought my flag out and off in less than 5 mins and expected to see the roof beams being erected during my 4 day stay.

No such luck beams still not at site so flag still in its plastic bag will have to wait untill October for our next visit the builder said manna but which manna he did not say.

Many thanks,

John.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2008 8:47 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Hola John:

Is your house being developed by Fadesa or Martinsa-Fadesa? If so, please be aware that they have applied for administration or Creditor´s Meeting and tghat you would need to deal with this.

Please let me know,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 2:17 PM by stableford Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Hola Maria

Very kind (and efficient) of you to remember me. No, our house has been built by Procobar which is part of the MASA group. We are due to complete early September so we are hoping they stay solvent until then!!

Thanks again.

John

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 4:19 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Hola Maria,

If it was this John you meant. We completed on our plot in Feb 2007 and have the Escritura in our names also a copy of the Nota Simple in our names. I have engaged an independant Architect, Technical Architect and Builder. I have paid all my fees and have approval from all the relevant bodies and have paid €11500 for my building licence.

I am now the Promotor of my Project which did come as a suprise.

Regards,

John.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2008 6:11 PM by stableford Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Hi

Not sure what has happened here. Your reply to Maria has come to myself. Presumably a mistake somehwere along the line.

Cheers

John T.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2010 6:39 PM by jorose Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Sorry

Caught a post ealier.

Unable to reply at the time.  Please do not sign for a house without a certificate of Habitation. I live in a 30 year old house in Crevillent.  Seven weeks ago my water meter and water supply was re-moved. The law of rustic properties in general Valancia sates that less than 10,000 sq meter plot is deemed illegal. I am unable to obtain a certificate of habitation and without one my 30 year old house will no longer receive a water supply.   Buyers beware!!!!!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2010 10:13 AM by pinetree Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Buenas Dias guys

Apologies have not been on forums for a while, thought I should put a  post on my outcome of our dilema .We did get our first licence of occupation please note its called a FLO .We achieved this by holding back a portion of the monnies owed,  RIGHT UPTIL THE SIGNING AT THE NOTARY so while we were due to sign an inspector from the council was on site the same day .

The builder had to even put a fire door on the basement level a solar panel, and a safety hand rail on the rear steps, all this was done on that same day so we would hand all the money over on the signing.

So do not make an idle threat to your builders stick to it , show them you mean buisness,for those who handed all their money up front then you have no trump cards I am afraid.(  I still would not sign without one.)I would want to know my house is legal and that FLO will confirm this, if the council have issued that then you know they except this is a legal property.And your house is safe to live in.

We have a neighbour a year on still does not have his licence, and can not do any other build work .Also maybe a lawyer can confirm this as I am  not sure, if its the law all over regions but in ours Murcia,a builder must provide a solar panel for hot water this was put in place in 2007(I think) unless stated different in the contract as some builders will put the cost to you.

I also have another suggestion, always make sure the councils have your land marked out properly you can go on cartomur.es to check this for the murcia region  as the council does take aerial photos of your house, and also to see if your not building something without a licence and it will show you are not positioned on someone elses land and you do not in the future build on something that does not belong to you,as I understand everything now needs a licence.............last and final advise make sure your snagging list is checked by yourselves do not be rushed  too check take time on every finer detail, as later on you will find problems..Make sure you have that  10 yr guarantee and it covers EXACTLY WHAT .

I think we all can feel at times your builder is doing you a favour, this is not the case  it should be no different here, to when your in the UK you are paying good money and deserve what you pay for, if your not assertive you will be walked over.Good luck to all those still waiting to complete,and to all those looking to buy in Spain  check and check again, make sure what you are buying is 100 PER CENT LEGAL.do not be tempted by the rose tinted glasses

REGARDS PINETREE.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2010 1:10 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Building Regulations changed in Sept. 2006 and from thenall submissions for private dwellings required to include Solar water heating panals. Commercial property also required to have Solar Voltaic panals to generate electricity. Don't know if plans approved before then can be forced to include panals before council will issue LFO.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Journalism student looking for people who have had trouble buying property in Spain - 2 posts
THANK YOU JUSTIN!! - 15 posts
Pot belly pig - 0 posts
Do you have a property problem legally related - 0 posts
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE... - 34 posts
la condessa de mijas - 8 posts
Drinkable water and Air Con - 4 posts
Connection charges - 6 posts
What a lovely development! - 0 posts
New commer to this site and trying to get rid of some houses in Calasparra Murcia. - 0 posts
Problems with completion - 18 posts
Cap Salou - 1 posts
Make huge savings buying property in Spain - 34 posts
Jet2 - 25 posts
Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts
moving to asparragal murcia - 1 posts
working permits... - 4 posts
Perils of buying in Spain - 7 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x