Spanish Banking Ombudsman

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We have made a formal complaint to our mortgage lender which has been replied to with an unsatisfactory response, telling us that if we don't like it, to take it up with the Bank of Spain. They also told us there is an ombudsman service, but neglected to give us any further information. Anyone with any ideas on how to progress our complain out there please?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 10:13 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You need to present first your claim before the Bank´s Client Defender: http://www.bde.es/servicio/reclama/bancos.pdf

if you do not get satisfied with the solution, you can present the claim before the Bank of Spain:

Banco de España
Servicio de reclamaciones
Alcalá, 50 28014 Madrid
Teléfonos 913 385 068 y 913385 851

In both cases you need to enclose personal identification, identification of the branch where the problem has happened, explanation of the issue with related means of proof and the statement of the case not being under judicial affair.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 11:44 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks for that Maria.  I have loads of things I'd like to write to the bank of Spain about. 

Let's start with bank charges.....

Oh dear, I think this could take some time

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 12:20 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
If you want we can make a group claim.... always with enough means of evidence, and as said, every claim to the Bank of Spain needs to pass first by each clients´ bank defender.

We would be up to receive an email by anyone interested and send to them a template for the claim before particular banks ( step one) .

Then prepare the general one to the Bank Spain for those unanswered or unsolved ones ( step two)

Thoughts?

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 3:34 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Maria

Thanks for the information. We have already made the formal complaint to the bank, so we are on step 2 now. I have copies of all email correspondence between the bank, our broker and ourselves which has already been presented and rejected by the bank. I will now send the information to the Bank of Spain. Is there any particular department? You also say we should send personal identification and identification of the branch . Is that just the address of the mortgaged property and the address of the bank?

Regards

Mark

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 7:45 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Below in green:

Hi Maria

Thanks for the information. We have already made the formal complaint to the bank, so we are on step 2 now. I have copies of all email correspondence between the bank, our broker and ourselves which has already been presented and rejected by the bank. I will now send the information to the Bank of Spain. Is there any particular department? AL DEFENSOR DEL CLIENTE You also say we should send personal identification and identification of the branch . Is that just the address of the mortgaged property, no, it is your personal address or the address of your representative in Spain and the address of the bank?

Regards

Mark

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 10:44 PM by Fellmonger Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I am trying to make a complaint against La Caixa Bank but can find no details on who to contact. I have tried to resolve this matter with the branch of the bank but without success. Who can I write to and at what address please, this saga has been dragging on for just under 2 years. Everyone I speak to inc a couple of lawyers seem to ignore me and do provide me with any answers.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2008 6:49 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Look at Maria's post on this thread dated the 1st April, she gives all the details of what you need to do.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
03 Apr 2008 10:50 PM by Fellmonger Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I have read Marias initial response and it instructs me to first go to the Banks Client Defender, this is who I cannot locate to put forward my case. Under these circumstances I shall have to go straight to Bank of Spain unless Maria can come up with another answer for me.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2008 1:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Have you tried their email on this page?  I had to badger my lender relentlessly asking for details of their formal complaints process.

Mark

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 6:39 PM by Barry1132 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Re bank charges,
                               I called into my bank on friday 3rd October 08, to transfer monies from Euros to stirling I was very annoyed to be told by the clerk that a fee of 600 euros would be charged for this service. following my complaint I was told by the clerk he would E-mail head office to see if he could get a reduction, I agreed with this and told them to carry on with the transaction as the money had to be in the UK by Tues to secure the spot deal I had on the transfer, his word were as its before 1400hrs this would be know problem.
                                On checking my on line banking on Monday 6th Oct 08. I noticed the funds had not been taken, my wife then called into the bank to find out what the delay was, to our utter shock was told the bank had not transferred the money as they now want 1200 euros. The clerk could only say "it must be because you complained", he refused to let my wife see the manager for an explanation, when my wife said we would complain to the ombudsman he said there is no such thing in Spain.
                                 What action do you feel we should take 
                                                                                     Yours sincerley

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 6:40 PM by Barry1132 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Re bank charges,
                               I called into my bank on friday 3rd October 08, to transfer monies from Euros to stirling I was very annoyed to be told by the clerk that a fee of 600 euros would be charged for this service. following my complaint I was told by the clerk he would E-mail head office to see if he could get a reduction, I agreed with this and told them to carry on with the transaction as the money had to be in the UK by Tues to secure the spot deal I had on the transfer, his word were as its before 1400hrs this would be know problem.
                                On checking my on line banking on Monday 6th Oct 08. I noticed the funds had not been taken, my wife then called into the bank to find out what the delay was, to our utter shock was told the bank had not transferred the money as they now want 1200 euros. The clerk could only say "it must be because you complained", he refused to let my wife see the manager for an explanation, when my wife said we would complain to the ombudsman he said there is no such thing in Spain.
                                 What action do you feel we should take 
                                                                                     Yours sincerley
                                                                                                 Barry Grant

Like 0      
13 Oct 2008 9:53 PM by Fellmonger Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

There is a Spanish Banking Ombudsman, they work from The Banco De Espana ,Calle Alcala, 48  28014 Madrid.
You will need to write to them, recorded delivery and they will eventually reply and advise you on what needs to be done

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 6:00 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
You need to present first your claim before the Bank´s Client Defender: http://www.bde.es/servicio/reclama/bancos.pdf

if you do not get satisfied with the solution, you can present the claim before the Bank of Spain:

Banco de España
Servicio de reclamaciones
Alcalá, 50 28014 Madrid
Teléfonos 913 385 068 y 913385 851

In both cases you need to enclose personal identification, identification of the branch where the problem has happened, explanation of the issue with related means of proof and the statement of the case not being under judicial affair.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 May 2009 12:48 PM by crispycat Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

crispycat´s avatar

This message was last edited by crispycat on 08/05/2009.

I need to make a complaint about the La Caixa bank, but notice their address did not

appear on the BDE list.

would you have it please?

This message was last edited by crispycat on 08/05/2009.

Like 0      
08 May 2009 1:20 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

Maria, I have issues with cam bank. They have had our deposit since 2006 and have not issued bank guarantees. money was paid into a designated account supposedly ring fenced.

Cam bank also do not appear on the list you gave as a hyper link.

can i ask are all banks in Spain legally forced to comply with Banking Ombudsman?

If they are and have not can we immediately complain to Bank of Spain?

Thanks

Like 0      
08 May 2009 10:38 PM by Fellmonger Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

The address for La Caixa Bank is Caja de Ahorros y Pensiones de Barcelona. Av Diagonal 621-629. 08028 Barcelona.

I would point out they do pass information onto 3rd parties without your knowledge and then refuse to answer any direct letters you send them. I am still waiting for an honest answer from them, so much so I have referred my complaint to the European Ombudsman who has passed on my complaint to the Spanish office, perhaps I might get a reply.

Like 0      
09 May 2009 10:49 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Alamred: the legal obligation to issue Bank Guarantees is not the Bank´s but the developer. If you have proofs of requesting the Guarantee and not being granted one by developers, you can cancel your contract, due to the unsafe position they are illegaly placing you.

Best weekend,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 May 2009 11:52 AM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

Thankyou Maria, but my solicitor says that the developer has no funds and is indicating that if we sued the developer although he feels we would win, and court would find in our favour any "secure of assets" would be pointless as developer has no money in accounts.

The money was paid to Cam Bank into an account name of the developer but our solicitor indicates this was a specfic account supposedly ring fenced.

I accept we can cancel contract but how di we get cam bank to give us our money back

Thanks

Like 0      
11 May 2009 8:53 AM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

Any thoughts Maria....

Thankyou Maria, but my solicitor says that the developer has no funds and is indicating that if we sued the developer although he feels we would win, and court would find in our favour any "secure of assets" would be pointless as developer has no money in accounts.

The money was paid to Cam Bank into an account name of the developer but our solicitor indicates this was a specfic account supposedly ring fenced.

I accept we can cancel contract but how do we get cam bank to give us our money back

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Completion?-but have to pay 4000 euros for insurance??? - 6 posts
can this business work in spain???? - 6 posts
dont just sit there - 2 posts
Hi - 3 posts
PET FREE COMMUNITY - 4 posts
Directions to Manilva required - 0 posts
golf clubs in Murcia - 10 posts
manilva beach - 2 posts
Traveling to Spain from Bulgaria with new dog - 0 posts
Did you pay CGT Capital Gain Tax (mod 212) between 2003 and 2006 ? - 0 posts
Looking for a fiscal representitive... - 11 posts
What do you all think of..... - 14 posts
NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts
300 Euro Monthly Community Charge! - 2 posts
Guardamar Information website - 4 posts
Hello everyone! - 1 posts
Want 2 bedrooms in first-line from beach for 3 months from April 08 - budget 1500euros - 0 posts
TV CHANNELLS - 2 posts
Apartment Insurance - 4 posts
Housename - 1 posts
Dog Breeders in San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Tile paint...... - 4 posts
Self-Employed and Moving to Spain... - 0 posts
Andalucian nightmare Homes - 4 posts
Recommendations - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x