golf clubs in Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by chrissmith Star rating. 158 posts Send private message

chrissmith´s avatar
I am organising a midweek golf holiday for a few golfers and would be grateful for any recommendations concerning clubs in the Murcia/Torrevieja areas. We are hoping to play 4 rounds and would ideally like to play challenging courses that are not to far from La Torre, where we are staying.

Any recommendations?

Cheers
Chris

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 10:22 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi Chris

We found Mosa Trajectum quite challenging, especially the 9 holes over the Stone course, on some holes if you miss the fairway, you are bouncing of massive rocks - it could go anywhere, fortunately a lot of mine bounced back onto the fairway, hubby wasn't so lucky, he spent a lot of time amongst the cactus. I play off 28 and my husband plays off 21 and we both throughly enjoyed the course, we played the Stone and the Olive course to make up the 18 holes. We also found La Torre a challenge, so much sand and par 3's over a lot of water, especialy the one in front of the club house where you have an audience.

Jacqui

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 4:23 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Chris,

You have La Finca which is probably one of the best in the area(although expensive)

La marquesa(Quesada) Campoamor,Las Ramblas,Villamartin,Roda and on and on.............

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 4:29 PM by sandrab Star rating in Bournemouth & La Ter.... 528 posts Send private message

sandrab´s avatar
Hi Chris

And why are you not staying at Roda Golf (PGA training academy etc)?  Also, if you ever need accommodation again - let me know?

www.rodagolfcourse.com

Sandra

Luxury holidays in Murcia spain at 

www.rodagolfinspain.com 

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 6:15 PM by chrissmith Star rating. 158 posts Send private message

chrissmith´s avatar
Hi Sandrab,

Because I own a place on La Torre....do I take it therefore that you would highly recommend Roda golf course.

Cheers
Chris

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 6:19 PM by chrissmith Star rating. 158 posts Send private message

chrissmith´s avatar
Hi Georgia,

Thanks for reply....I hoped I'd be spoilt for choice. I haven't played any of the courses that you mention although I have heard of them all. If I asked you to rank them in order of you personal preference would you be happy to do so ...or are they all equally good, e.g. is La Finca worth the extra money?

Cheers
Chris

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 6:37 PM by sandrab Star rating in Bournemouth & La Ter.... 528 posts Send private message

sandrab´s avatar

aH Chris - that makes sense then.

Yes, I do highly recommend Roda Golf and its so convenient for Los Alcazares and restaurants and bars etc.

Have for a fab time.

Sandra

Luxury holidays in Murcia spain at 

www.rodagolfinspain.com 

Like 0      
04 Apr 2008 3:14 PM by sugarmummy Star rating. 315 posts Send private message

Having played Roda last weekend i can tell you the course is in 5* condition.

The greens are fantastic, and generally the course is being maintained to the highest PGA level

Like 0      
13 Apr 2008 12:56 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
ChrisSmith

I too have just returned from Roda which I can highly recommend, but maybe I am biased.

If you are staying at La Torre, which I have also played, I would suggest you enquire about El Valle which is a Polaris resort or even Mar Menor a nine hole course both of which should be able to offer discounts as they form part of the Nicklaus trail but both good. There is also a very good course at Fuente Alamo called Hacienda del Alamo and a newish course near Pilar de Hordada called Lo Romero which has had good reviews.

Take a look at www. clubmurcia.com for good info and reviews of courses as well as discounts

Like 0      
22 May 2008 2:04 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
i too am biased but also think roda is best course all round.
pics below ;-)

www.roda.250x.com   OUR APARTMENT

Like 0      
07 Jun 2008 7:17 AM by captain1 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Los ramblas is will worth the  cash ,about 50 euros one of the older courses Great opening hole and it gets better as u go on.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

manilva beach - 2 posts
Traveling to Spain from Bulgaria with new dog - 0 posts
Did you pay CGT Capital Gain Tax (mod 212) between 2003 and 2006 ? - 0 posts
Looking for a fiscal representitive... - 11 posts
What do you all think of..... - 14 posts
NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts
300 Euro Monthly Community Charge! - 2 posts
Guardamar Information website - 4 posts
Hello everyone! - 1 posts
Want 2 bedrooms in first-line from beach for 3 months from April 08 - budget 1500euros - 0 posts
TV CHANNELLS - 2 posts
Apartment Insurance - 4 posts
Housename - 1 posts
Dog Breeders in San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Tile paint...... - 4 posts
Self-Employed and Moving to Spain... - 0 posts
Andalucian nightmare Homes - 4 posts
Recommendations - 5 posts
hi everyone - 1 posts
Solar electricity supply - 1 posts
Spanish property market in freefall - 25 posts
Compensation For Late Completion - 13 posts
WEATHER IN APRIL - 8 posts
Exchange rate to use for income tax return - 2 posts
Hello - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x