can this business work in spain????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

Hi

Living in UK at present but want to move with family to spain soon.

My question is; I am  selling antiques and collectables in UK and also on ebay, I would like to buy a ruin maybe in the rural area of andalucia and cnvert it into a collectables shop with a small tea-room plus have living accomodation.

can one buy a ruin for commercial and living purposes? and do you see the success in what I am planning?

any advice useful

thanks

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 3:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
It's a lovely and original idea, I would certainly drop in to have a look and a cup of tea. I guess it would be really slow to start off with like anything until you build a name for yourself.I don't know anything about buying ruins I'm afraid.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 3:51 PM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

thanks for reply.

Iassume a better area would be around the costa del sol - more ex-pats.I was hoping more tourists and locals would be interested.Mainly it is the permission for a ruin to be turned into a commercial venture with living accomodation I was concerned about.

Thought a ruin as you could make it as you want

Denise

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 4:17 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Deesam,

personally i would say you are looking to open a can of worms.

It would be seriously hard work to obtain licence for commercial operations in the campo's.

It could be done elsewhere but you may have to adjust your plans to achieve your dreams.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 12:37 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Agree with Georgia; moving to a new country, starting a new business, renovating a ruin and dealing with town hall planning departments and builders etc etc.???? Maybe walk before you run? Re: the business idea; plenty of second hand shops here (not so many antiques though) and a lot of people car booting etc. Research loads before jumping in head first. But good luck with whatever you do.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 11:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Dear deemsam56:

Of course you can buy a ruin and with the proper licenses renovate it and turn it into a commercial premise, a living place or a mixture of the two of them.... and I personally think it is a wonderful idea for kind of places like Alpujarras or Sierra de Grazalema which have great success in rural tourism and alternative to the commun commercial stuff.

My best wishes of encouragement,

Best regards,

Maria L. de Castro

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 11:53 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Some good comments here.  It does sound like a "nice" idea but research is definitely the key.  We certainly didn't do enough before we moved out here.

Oh how differently we'd do things today.....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

dont just sit there - 2 posts
Hi - 3 posts
PET FREE COMMUNITY - 4 posts
Directions to Manilva required - 0 posts
golf clubs in Murcia - 10 posts
manilva beach - 2 posts
Traveling to Spain from Bulgaria with new dog - 0 posts
Did you pay CGT Capital Gain Tax (mod 212) between 2003 and 2006 ? - 0 posts
Looking for a fiscal representitive... - 11 posts
What do you all think of..... - 14 posts
NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts
300 Euro Monthly Community Charge! - 2 posts
Guardamar Information website - 4 posts
Hello everyone! - 1 posts
Want 2 bedrooms in first-line from beach for 3 months from April 08 - budget 1500euros - 0 posts
TV CHANNELLS - 2 posts
Apartment Insurance - 4 posts
Housename - 1 posts
Dog Breeders in San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Tile paint...... - 4 posts
Self-Employed and Moving to Spain... - 0 posts
Andalucian nightmare Homes - 4 posts
Recommendations - 5 posts
hi everyone - 1 posts
Solar electricity supply - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x