Looking for a fiscal representitive...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by KevinGames Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a fiscal representitive in the area ~ Rojales / Quesada.  I am late paying my 2007 taxes so does anyone know the "consequence"?  Is there a fine and how much.  What info will the representitive require as I am in the UK.  How is it worked put anyway so I can check.

My solicitor charges around 100 euros for tax submissions but she messed up last time and overcharged me.  I then ended up having a refund which I still haven't received from them as I think they want me to use them again....No way.

Thanks in anticipation....

Kev

Like 0      
01 Apr 2008 10:18 AM by mikey123 Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Thanks for posting this Kev, I can do with someone for the Benalmadena region, if anyone can help? I wasn't told about returns and haven't done anything since completion in Dec 2006 and am really concerned. 

Like 0      
24 May 2008 10:45 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Kevin - You're not late paying for your  2007 Wealth tax/renta as it's paid in arears.  My fiscal rep pays this in May/June but you can deal with this yourself and pay in October?

As we are all on tenterhooks awaiting the decision on whether Valencia region will agree to abolish the wealth tax it might be worthwhile finding out how to complete the 214? form.

If wealth tax (patrimonia) is abolished for non-residents then renta is so minute it would not be worth paying out 75e per person(if married and both on escuturia) to deal with this annually.

Obviously this all depends on how many times a year you come over but from reading other threads on this subject it appears to be very easy to do and I'm sure someone will help you.  Or perhaps they have already!

Like 0      
24 May 2008 1:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
mikey123 I think you are one of thousands who haven't coughed up paid  though you could well be fined if you don't sort it out. You really need to employ a fiscal rep after all that time, who will charge, of course, but it will take the worry off your shoulders.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Kevin, I hope all this is of help to you. (Took me long enough to find it & post )

If you definitely want to employ a fiscal rep & not DIY it then contact Glyn Moran who many in the Rojales / Benijofar / Formentera areas seem to be using. He is a member of EOS but hasn't posted in a while. He works out of Jennifer Cunningham's office in the square at Benijofar but he travels around between offices.

Here are his contact details. 

Website http://www.legalandfiscal.com/index.htm 

Email info@legalandfiscal.com (Ask for Glyn Moran)

If you want to try to DIY it, as we now do, here's the form (though you do actually need to go to your tax office to buy one each @50c each.  (Our tax office, as we're Guardamar, is Elche) 

214 FORM DOWNLOAD 

Here's how to fill it in ... I took it from a local community website so it's written for Orihuela non residents by the President of that community, you'd obviously need to adjust that.  I have embellised it in red to make it more understandable for you.

WEALTH TAX FOR NON RESIDENTS (last payment is by 31st December, 2008 for tax year 2007, as you pay a year in arrears.Wealth Tax will not be payable after this payment.)

As a non Resident you are liable to pay a Wealth Tax, every year, non payment is subject to penalties and interest charges. The tax is in two parts, one part is on the amount you paid for your house and the second part is on the rateable value, on the assumption that you receive some rental income from it) The tax is paid between the 1st of January and the 31st of December of the following year and must be paid to the Agencia Tributaria (Tax Office). I used Orihuela (Avenido Obispo Rocamora)

The payment is made using a triplicate form, know as Form 214, which is supposedly available from Tabac shops, but I could not find one that sold them, only the form that is used by Residents for paying their tax

You must go to the Agencia Tributaria anyway, to obtain identity stickers (Tarjetas), so the Form 214 can be bought there at the same time. The forms cost 50 cents each and come in an envelope, that is used to post one copy to the Agencia Tributaria. The identity stickers contain your name, your NIF number and a bar code to identify you and your form

When you have completed the Form 214, you stick an identity sticker on the top. You then take it to a bank and pay the money there. They give you one copy, keep one for themselves and send the third in the envelope, with another identity sticker on, to the Agencia Tributaria

To complete the Form 214 you will need:

1. Your NIF number. Mine begins with an X, followed by about 6 numbers and ends with another letter. Your solicitor should have your NIF number, as it is required to buy a property. I did not know mine, but as our wealth tax had been paid the previous year by our solicitor, we were already on the tax office computer system and when we asked for identity stickers (Tajetas) they quickly found our number for us

2. The amount that you paid for your house on the Escritura (Deeds)

3. The rateable value (Valor Catastral) that is shown on the rates bill that you get/pay to SUMA. In the first year when you may not have a Valor Catastral you can calculate this part of the tax by also using the Escritura, but the amount comes to much more

You can download a copy of the Form 214 to look at, in pdf format. Print it out and fill it in, it will make it easier for you to follow the calculations. The Form 214 will print out as THREE pages, you only complete the FIRST page as the others are completed as they are carbonised

I am going to assume an Escritura value of 100,000 Euros and a Rateable Value of 20,000 Euros

Delegacion de = Alicante

Administracion de = Orihuela

Ejercicio = Year that the Tax Return is for eg 2007

NIF = your NIF number (We used our NIE number)

Apellidos y Nombre = your surname and first name in that order

Direccion a efectos de notificiones……. URB *******

Numero = house number

Codigo postal = post code - 03189

Municipo = Orihuela

Provincia = Alicante

WEALTH TAX SECTION

Valor - 01 = 100,000 (Escritura Value)

Duedas - 02 = 0.00 (This figure would be any outstanding mortgage or debts on the property, which would reduce your tax burden)

Base imponible y liquidable - 03 = Figure 01 minus 02, with no debts this would be 100,000

Resto - al % = 0,20 (This is the tax rate of 0.2%) Then 200.00 in next box on right, also 200.00 underneath for Suma – figure reached by 100,000 x 0.2%

Cuota Integra. Impuesto Patrimonio - 04 = 200.00 (This is 200 Euros wealth tax on the value of your property)

IMPUTED RENT SECTION

Base imponible – 05 = 220 this figure is reached by 20,000 x 1.1% (The tax`rate)

Tipe de Gravamen = 25% of the above amount, so in the box at 06 this would be 55– this
is 25% of the 220 figure above

Total a ingresar = 255.00 – which is amount in 04 + 06

Next section your address details again

Referencia Catastral – this reference number is on your IBI form

Next section would be filled in by your representative if you were using one

Fecha = date

Firma = signature

Place a Cross in the forma de pago box

Importe = the amount eg 255.00

REMEMBER

1. If your property is in joint names then the two figures above Escritura (100,000) and Rateable Value (20,000) must be halved and you must fill in TWO Form 214's - one each

2. You recieve about 20 sticky identity labels, so buy several Form 214's, and next year the Rateable Value will have increased slightly, and you can fill the forms in, stick on the labels and take it to the bank without visiting Orihuela. So while the first time may be a bit traumatic you will be able to DIY for years to come

3. You should use the Rateable Value for the year that you are making the tax submisson for

4. The Tax Office in Orihuela is easy to find. As you enter the town you go under bridge and approach a roundabout. At the roundabout take the third exit to the left. The fourth and last exit is no entry. The tax office is about 200 yards down the street on the right hand side. Drive past and you come to some traffic light, go straight over and past a small square on your left. Turn in to the underground car park on your right, which is next to the river. When you come out of the car park, walk back to the traffic lights, straight over and the Tax Office is about 100 yards down the street, now on your left. Avoid going on Market day

When you enter the office there is a large open area with tables and chairs for completing your forms. To your right is an information desk where you can buy the Form 214. In front of you is a corridor and just to the left of the entrance to the corridor is the desk where you ask for the sticky labels (Tarjetas) to be printed.(We used Elche tax office as we live outside Guardamar & we just needed our NIE forms so the guy could type these into his pc & it then print stickers off (free). Be aware that if you bought offplan you will have your original address showing on your stickers not the actual fiscal address you get later & Glyn told us we should fill in form 030 which is the change of address notification, though it's the same property !)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/24/2008.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 4:09 PM by number16 Star rating in Shropshire / Costa B.... 37 posts Send private message

Hi 

You can have my fiscal representitive, he as a bad name judgeing by past posts ( Aroca Seiquer ).

I sent them a recorded letter cancelling my fiscal representation, giving 30 days notice as per my contract but they say I have go into their office to sign papers.

Has anybody else had this problem when trying to cancel.

(Nice post MOREROSADO on weath tax for non residents) I know what to do with the 214 now, Thanks.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 4:36 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Number 16,   Yes we had that problem they want you to sign a contract to say you have finished with them.   I was in UK at the time so I emailed it to them, they kept saying they had not received it, so in the end I sent it reg. post and it did get cancelled.   We now use Glyn Moran so we only pay if we actually use him.    No retainer fee.   Hope this helps Pat 

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 4:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Why thank you, Jen & Barrie  (Pity the people I was helping hadn't posted after I did just to give me a ...  ).

Where are you in Spain ? Perhaps you'd put the location in your profile so each time you post others will see it.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/22/2008.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 8:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
If you want to pay Non Residents taxes yourself,  PM me for details for an up to date Guide.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 8:32 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi jen and barrie (number 16),
We also had aroca sequir as our solicitors, we changed solicitors
as soon as we received our deeds.They also told us that we had to
go into their offices to cancel BUT we took advice from a friend who
advised us to write them a letter saying that we no longer wished
them to act for us BUT this is the important bit WE INFORMED THEM
THAT WE HAD ALSO CANCELLED THE DIRECT DEBIT AT THE BANK
SO THAT THEY COULD NOT TAKE ANY MORE MONEY OUT OF
OUR ACCOUNT
, Once they know they cannot get access to money in your
account they will accept your descision. We now use Glyn Moran in
Beijofar at Jennifer Cunninghams.We have told quite a lot of people
about him where we are based in Spain and a lot of people who we know are now using him.
HE IS GOOD.

coolyes

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 3:07 PM by number16 Star rating in Shropshire / Costa B.... 37 posts Send private message

Hi 

Thanks for the info everybody most helpfull. We are going out in september so will sign their bit of paper then ( aroca sequir ) we think they may have estimated our renta tax, seems higher than what it should be as we paid the ibi property tax ourselves in April

Also have cancelled all direct debits and closed my account with Bakinter their charges are to high, opened account with banco halifax hispania seems ok so far.

regards

jen & barrie

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 3:51 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You say you paid the IBI in April, was this for 2007 as IBI is normally paid yearly in September.

If you have the bill to hand you can use the details on there and the detailed post below to work out what you should pay in Patrimonia and Renta for 2007.  You can then see if it agrees to what your gestor has calculated.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 4:26 PM by number16 Star rating in Shropshire / Costa B.... 37 posts Send private message

Hi 

Yes the ibi bill was for 2007 collected it from suma office, it was my first one

I calculated as : 0.2% of price on deeds plus 1.1% of V.Ctastral of a 24% tax rate it came to 87.32 euros less than the gestor,s bill

Regards

Jen & barrie

This message was last edited by number16 on 7/24/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What do you all think of..... - 14 posts
NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts
300 Euro Monthly Community Charge! - 2 posts
Guardamar Information website - 4 posts
Hello everyone! - 1 posts
Want 2 bedrooms in first-line from beach for 3 months from April 08 - budget 1500euros - 0 posts
TV CHANNELLS - 2 posts
Apartment Insurance - 4 posts
Housename - 1 posts
Dog Breeders in San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Tile paint...... - 4 posts
Self-Employed and Moving to Spain... - 0 posts
Andalucian nightmare Homes - 4 posts
Recommendations - 5 posts
hi everyone - 1 posts
Solar electricity supply - 1 posts
Spanish property market in freefall - 25 posts
Compensation For Late Completion - 13 posts
WEATHER IN APRIL - 8 posts
Exchange rate to use for income tax return - 2 posts
Hello - 14 posts
Selling UK property - 10 posts
Driving to Spain from England - 12 posts
Wanted Baby safety/stair gate - Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Internet Access? - 53 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x