LoFO - Application For vs Granted

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Just been looking at my contract for our Off-Plan purchase which is scheduled to complete early 2009.

One stipulation is that the remainder of the costs for the property (ie the 80% balance) will be required when the dwelling is completed and the Sale/Purchase made a public instrument by subrogation of the Vendors mortgage loan, for a sum which is about 63% "which must take place from the application for the licence of first occupation". The vendor will supply works electricity & water until the LoFO is granted, after which the buyer (me !) will pay the interest of the mortgage loan. Also the difference between the remainder and the amount of the mortgage (ie, the other 17%) will be paid by me.

Now, to me that sounds like I have to pay the bulk of the money (ie the 63%) when the vendor applies for LoFO, not when it is granted. Is this correct and normal ?

Confused of Lancashire

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 7:29 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
That clause is illegal: null and void. NO property can be handed now without the FOL in place.
INterests on the mortgage due to the delays caused by the building works cannot be imposed on to you: again: abusive: illegal: null and void.

I would advise you to communicate that to the developer in certified written as soon as you can.

Best,

MAria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 5:42 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Thanks for that Maria, excellent advice as always.

Kind Regards

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 3:49 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Could not have put it better myself - JJ make sure that whoever you send the letter to its delivery is recorded - or alternatively get it sent via your lawyer via Bureaufax

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 7:25 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Thanks both of you....

writing to my Lawyer tonight.....

about this and a number of other things........

Regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Complaints - 2 posts
Breach of contract? - 45 posts
How can they do this....... - 31 posts
Hiya all, newbie here after any advice on livng and working in Spain please. - 3 posts
Hiya all, newbie here hungry for any advice regarding 'living and working in Spain'! - 1 posts
St Patricks Day - 13 posts
trampoline - 4 posts
CST? - 4 posts
Almeria Football Club tickets - 6 posts
Travelling with Cats - 13 posts
Guardamar festival - 1 posts
BBQ to England - 2 posts
Conversations with PP - 1 posts
Georgia, you gonna be on the telly? - 2 posts
GOATS BUTTER - 7 posts
Our move to Almoradi - 1 posts
Goats butter - 5 posts
air conditioning - 1 posts
estepona Del Coral Portal - 7 posts
long term rental with dogs - 1 posts
Dog Friendly long term rental - 1 posts
Daya Nueva - 1 posts
Detailed Maps - 2 posts
Stand up and be counted - if you are on R10! - 0 posts
Rental Market - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x