GOATS BUTTER

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

I posted this question on the Forum Help section, but got a light rap on the knuckles for putting it in the wrong place. I was just following the sheep - or goats in this case - but understand the rationale.

Anyway, my question is does anyone know where I can buy goats butter/spread in the Rojales/Guardamar/Torrevieja area? I have a friend coming to stay who is allergic to the normal dairy stuff and I didn't want her to have to bring it with her. I've located goats milk, but not the spread.

Your help, as always, will be much appreciated!

Irene

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 8:35 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I hope nobody minds if I ressurect this, but I haven't had any replies and I was really hoping one of you would be able to help.

Ta very much

Irene

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 9:01 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, but it's not something I've really looked for.  I know several of the supermarkets do goats cheese, goats milk but haven't noticed goats butter (mind you,I haven't noticed it in UK either).

Every time I go into Carrefour Torrevieja, they seem to have added many things to their range so that might be a good place to start.  For example, I wouldn't have noticed any Gluten free products until a work colleague asked me about them and then I seemed to notice them on every shelf.  Even found Barbecue Spare Ribs sin Gluten last time I was over.  Same with the double cream because it was a question posed on here.  They did, however, have a non-dairy spread (marked no lecheria) made by one the big companies (Flora or something like that),

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 9:06 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Thanks Bobaol.

Problem is we're going out on the Wednesday and our friends arrive the next day, so if it isn't available I'll have to tell her to bring it with her.

Let's hope some kind person with a sense of curiosity might look in the supermarkets before mid-April!

Regards

Irene

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 10:21 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Hello Irene.

Will be out for Easter and love a challenge!!

Will try Rojales and around Algorfa for you. Goats butter ,does it go by any other name and do you know the Spanish translation for it?

Sue

If not can you make it yourself?

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 10:55 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Sue

What a star you are!

I would suggest you look for mantequilla de cabra

muchas gracias

hasta pronto.

Irene

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 11:01 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

De nada Irene,

Let's hope I'm successful, bring on the goats!!!!

Sue

Like 0      
25 Mar 2008 11:05 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

sorry Irene, no sign of goats butter in the Carrefour and as it was Easter a lot of the other supermarkets were closed except for Saturday.

I suppose that at least now you know that you will have to take some with you.

Good luck with the search

Sue

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Our move to Almoradi - 1 posts
Goats butter - 5 posts
air conditioning - 1 posts
estepona Del Coral Portal - 7 posts
long term rental with dogs - 1 posts
Dog Friendly long term rental - 1 posts
Daya Nueva - 1 posts
Detailed Maps - 2 posts
Stand up and be counted - if you are on R10! - 0 posts
Rental Market - 9 posts
Furniture packs - 6 posts
upvc glazing. - 2 posts
Community and Other Charges for phase 2. - 3 posts
Learning to play Golf in Torrevieja/Villamartin area of Spain - 2 posts
Where to take your rubbish !! - 9 posts
GENERAL MORTGAGE ALERT - 2 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 5 posts
Still waiting for keys for new build... way past moving in date - 7 posts
Pictures in My Rentals aren't showing correctly! - 1 posts
looking for villa in Sands Beach Resort lanzarote - 8 posts
BRAND NEW WASHING MACHINE FOR SALE - 7 posts
favor40 ???????????????? - 24 posts
Revision of catastral values in Estepona - Time is running out! - 0 posts
Hi! - 1 posts
buying - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x