St Patricks Day

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Happy St Patricks Day to all you Irish ( and non Irish) lucky to be out there in Spain.

Helen (in Navan, Co Meath)

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 2:28 PM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar
Indeed. Happy St Patrick's Day, even if we might be celebrating it a couple of days late.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7300466.stm

But then, if it means I can have more Guinness tonight, who am I to complain?

Sláinte,

Mark.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 3:01 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Lá fhéile Phadraig shona dhíbh go léir! :)

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 4:47 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Wow JFJ, I am impressed. All those years of education not gone to waste !!

Slan . (Can't find the fada)

Helen

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 4:56 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
6 years in a secondary where I studied everything as gaeilge helped! :)

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 5:07 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

An mhaith,  but how do I get the fada?

Hybrid - enjoy the Guinness............My sis works in Carlsberg Brewery in Leeds where I see you are from !!

Helen

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 5:20 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
I have a Spanish keyboard, so I have the accents there.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 6:11 PM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar
Hi, Tired,

Has she said anything about it closing? Apparently, Carlsberg reckon they can only afford to run one brewery in the UK and it's between Leeds and Northampton (I think). By all accounts, despite the loss of jobs, Leeds City Council are lobbying Carlsberg to shut the Leeds one down as the brewery is right in the middle of a lot of the redevelopment work going on. Who needs jobs (and beer!) when you can have yet more city centre apartments and a load more bars and restaurants? Like we don't have more than enough of all of those!

As for the accented letters, etc, as I don't have a Spanish keyboard (yet), I copied and pasted the ones I need onto a a "scratch pad" on my google sidebar. Then, as and when I need them, I copy and paste them into the blog/post/whatever.

á  é  í  ó  ú
Á  Ó  Ú
ñ
€  ¿  ¡

These have served me well thus far.

Mark.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2008 9:17 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

17 Mar 2008 11:38 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

19 Mar 2008 7:56 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Ah Candyfloss and NFM, I'm touched by your sentiments...............

Hybrid, She works in the laboratory and while hasn't mentioned anything about it closing, I know there has been a lot of unrest and uncertainty about jobs there. To be honest, she talks so much I let it all go over my head. She lives in Normanton and I have been over quite a few times and really love Leeds and the surrounding areas. By the way, you are far too computer literate for me . I can just type and hit "Post Reply".

Helen

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 8:09 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Helen

I am guessing that as it has taken 2 days for you to respond, it must have been a good one.

We won't be far from you on Saturday - flying visit to Drogheda.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 8:25 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Helen

Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of the bucket. It's quite fun when you get it. Took me about 6 months. But don't go too mad and keep it it in the bucket thread or we get a slapping LOL. 

Got to ask, what are you tired of waiting for? Or did I miss a thread?? Sorry attention span of a goldfish

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 8:47 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Noreen, my Mum lives in Bettystown, about 5 miles from Drogheda. I know Drogheda very well. Hope you have a lovely visit to our neck of the woods............

Candyfloss, Not gettin g into the bucket thing............. leave that you you. Tired of Waiting seemed a good name at the time I started posting. Put down a deposit on apt in 2002 that was never built. Transferred over to a different build by same developer which is only just finished and we are due to complete end of April - but at least its built, this time !!!!

Helen

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

trampoline - 4 posts
CST? - 4 posts
Almeria Football Club tickets - 6 posts
Travelling with Cats - 13 posts
Guardamar festival - 1 posts
BBQ to England - 2 posts
Conversations with PP - 1 posts
Georgia, you gonna be on the telly? - 2 posts
GOATS BUTTER - 7 posts
Our move to Almoradi - 1 posts
Goats butter - 5 posts
air conditioning - 1 posts
estepona Del Coral Portal - 7 posts
long term rental with dogs - 1 posts
Dog Friendly long term rental - 1 posts
Daya Nueva - 1 posts
Detailed Maps - 2 posts
Stand up and be counted - if you are on R10! - 0 posts
Rental Market - 9 posts
Furniture packs - 6 posts
upvc glazing. - 2 posts
Community and Other Charges for phase 2. - 3 posts
Learning to play Golf in Torrevieja/Villamartin area of Spain - 2 posts
Where to take your rubbish !! - 9 posts
GENERAL MORTGAGE ALERT - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x