Want to move to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Spain Costa Del Sol for 6 months from March 2007, Need to find somewhere to live that has a good job market? Nice beach, and a large amount of english speaking locals, Dont really wana live in Purto Banus any one have any other ideas and advise on moving to Spain

Please Please Lee Lee

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 3:40 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Lee Lee,

There has been lots said about moving to Spain on another thread, see:

I'm moving to spain some advice please

Although that person is moving permanantly, some of the posts may be relevant to you.

Good luck!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 6:04 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Depends what youre qualified for Lee Lee. Banus attracts a lot of people as there is a lot of "casual" labour - bar work etc - Fuengirola and Benalmadena probably similar but without knowing anything about you it is impossible to say where you would be best suited.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 9:13 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley

Thanks for your reply I am a Recruitment Consultant but can put my hand to any kind of hard labour, bar work , waitress or even cleaning

my partner deals in export and import for a fabrics company in Central London but we are looking to get out of the boring 9-5pm London life we have enough money to see us through rent,foodetc for 3 months.

Do u know much about Estepona, ?? Any info will be useful Thanks

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 12:59 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Lee Lee - Estepona is a borough in the same way that Marbella is so its a big sprawling place. I live in a place called El Pilar which is about 10 minutes from Estepona centre. There are loads of bars, restaurants and other stuff for casual work in the borough. The port at Estepona is quite cosmopolitan in the way of bars and stuff but a much much quieter smaller scale than Banus. There is still a great deal of traditional Spain about Estepona and a very Spanish town. The Spanish love to party as you know so there is quite a lot going on for a lot of the time. There is a Sunday market in the marina quite a lot of business and industrial estates there and the town is expanding at a fast rate of knots. Sabinillas, Manilva, Casares, Duquesa, San Pedro are all within easy striking distance. Without traffic it is about 20 minutes to Marbella - with traffic (high season almost all day) it is about 45 minutes or could be more if the lights at San Pedro really bad. However you can use the Autopista if happy to pay the toll and then no problems in high season. Whether you would find work as a recruitment consultant that I could not tell you but might be unlikely unless you fluent business Spanish - possibly in Gibraltar which is about 35 minutes drive from Estepona. Other than that what else do you want to know - will try if I can. More than likely you will need a car while you are here - while public transport is cheap the buses are not frequent and there is no train service (maybe 5 years away) - taxis will be expensive if using all the time - you could buy an old banger if its temporary although will it be reliable - or do long term car rental. At risk of accusation that I will earn commission (which I dont)  I can recommend someone on that score - you get the quotes compare the prices and then decide where to hire is best for you - likewise with accomodation can put you in contact with some reliable agents for long term lets if you decide specifically where you want to be. The pay wont be huge for bar work - guess about 6€ to 8€ an hour plus tips - hard work but think it can be a lot of fun in the right place. There is certainly more opportunity for bar/restaurant work in Banus, Benalmadena and Fuengirola which are the other end of the coast. Estepona is a developing area and while there will be some casual work it might be harder to find - lot of legwork but should be some demand with the season on the way. If you want to live in Estepona you might have to reconcile to travelling to work say in Duquesa or even dare I say it Banus - where the bright lights are - alrthough not so bright these days. If there is anything else you need I will try but you perhaps need to be a little more specific. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 1:42 PM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Thanks Smiley , From your expeience where would you say in Estepona would be the best place for me and my partner both 23 years of age, plus we both dont have a drivers licence.

We need somewhere we could get casual work and close to the Beach for (ME) ha ha !!!! plus we need to be close to Gib as we haev friend living there

You said you could give me some reliable agents , could i have the websites or contact numbers.

Thanks for your help, Leanne

Like 0      
25 Jan 2007 12:44 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Letcha know tomorrow - havent got the contact details with me - have you got a financial reserve to tied over til you get work - you will be expected to pay one at least but probably 2 months damages deposit on the letting and 1 month rent in advance and thats before you have the job - if you dont drive you are going to have to be in Estepona town, Duquesa or Sabinillas probably and quite close in. How are you planning to get to Gib if you dont drive? I know theres an airport but dont htink you will find a flight - actually I guess there must be a bus service to La Linea.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2007 5:56 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Smiley. Was over last week and as usual drove through the lights at san pedro on way to marbella. Noticed they are clearing the land around the lights. Are they planning to try and improve things? Could be more of a nightmare in the summer!

Regards

John

Like 0      
25 Jan 2007 8:21 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hiya - yes there is a regular bus service to Gib, one is a fast bus that makes fewer stops, the other stops regularly so if you are located near the bus station in Estepona or wherever you decide to live then you will be ok.

Re the San Pedro, again yes - after 10 or is it 12 years of promises, finally the underpass, overpass and roundabouts are being installed. Its quite an ambitious plan and it will cause total chaos (not unusual to Spain really!) But then San Pedro will become more pedestrianized, the north and south will be more adjoined and a tunnel will go most of the way underneath.

Best to get used to the Toll road for the time being. Supposedly it will end after 48 months!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2007 9:39 AM by lee lee Star rating in London. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley,

Thanks for the reply, I was looking at Purto De Dequesa and Sabinillas Yesterday seemed quiet nice and rent is cheapter then Estepona city.

We have money to pay for 3 months rent and living and 2 months deposit. Getting to Gib will be no problem as our friends that live in La Linea drive and will collect us when ever we visit.

Also i need to rent somewhere for a week or 2 when we first arrive ANY IDEAS on cheap B&B's??

thanks for all ur infor Lee, cant wait to get to Spain we have SNOW here in London!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SAY "NO" to 0870 - 1 posts
Is CGT in addition to normal income Tax? - 1 posts
Healthcare Costa del Sol - 9 posts
Bias voting with proxy votes - 16 posts
HAPPY EVERY DAY CHAT - 617 posts
Punta Plata Estepona - 10 posts
Marbella Property Scandal - 8 posts
Where have YOU bought ? - 16 posts
security - 3 posts
seccurity - 0 posts
Las Vistas de Santa Maria Golf - 5 posts
Radio phone-in on Marbella planning - 0 posts
Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold - 98 posts
Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x