Quick question before flying

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I bit the bullet and booked to fly from East Midlands to Murcia with Ryanair this afternoon. I have checked in online and printed our boarding passes, which presumably means we just go straight to security. I was just looking at my hand luggage from my last trip and have seen the Jet2 sticker which they put on at check in. what happens to us? If we don't check in at the airport, we get no sticker. Wil it cause problems at security?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 10:10 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Mark

from Ryanair.com. I think it explains your question. Have a good trip!

Irene

Can I check-in baggage once I have checked-in online?

No checked baggage is permitted when using Online Check-In (including mobility equipment which must be carried in the hold of the aircraft). One item of cabin baggage per person, weighing no more than 10kg and with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, may be carried into the aircraft cabin free of charge (due to security restrictions - certain items cannot be carried in cabin baggage) - Click here for details. For the safety and convenience of all passengers, cabin baggage must fit underneath the seat or in the overhead compartment.

Cabin luggage must contain NO prohibited items.

Any passenger who arrives at the airport with cabin baggage that exceeds the maximum weight and/or dimensions will be required to check-in again at the airport and will be charged an Airport Check-In fee per person plus the standard checked baggage fee per item (Click here for details). This facility is available only if the applicable airport check-in is still open.

Airport Check-in desks close strictly 40 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

We reserve the right to cancel your reservation and to deny you boarding if you arrive at the boarding gate with luggage in excess of your cabin allowance.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 10:27 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Thanks Irene, but we are not checking in any baggage, we are only taking hand luggage. The question was concerning the label that is normally put on the handle of any hand luggage taken in the cabin to show that you have checked in.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 10:37 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Not to be defeated...

I went back on Ryanair and found this:

Passengers travelling with 0 Bags/Online Check-in

If you are traveling with no checked baggage and qualify to check in Online then no Airport Check-In fees apply and Priority Boarding onto the aircraft is provided free of charge, upon presentation of your Online Check-In Boarding Pass at the departure gate. Using this service saves both time and money, by avoiding queues at check-in and the boarding gates. Passengers can check-in online from 2 days up to 4 hours prior to flight departure – click below for details

https://www.bookryanair.com/checkngo/cgi-bin/webcheckin.cgi.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 10:45 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

The sticker on hand luggage must be a Jet 2 thing as having travelled with Ryanair & Easyjet, we have never had anything put on our hand luggage.

We travelled with Ryanair to Dublin in November with hand luggage only & check ed in online & yes we did just turn up & go through security with no problems at all.

Have a great trip

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 10:48 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thank you everybody .

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 10:49 AM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Hi Mark.

We use this flight for practically all of our trips.

No problem at all - just go straight to departures, show your passport and printed-out boarding pass at the entrance and you're in! The only rule they tend to enforce here is the 'one item' reg. If you've got a jacket then put it on and tell Mrs Mark to put her handbag inside her hand luggage. It wouldn't be the first time we've gone through wearing two or more coats, but so long as you're not carrying them it's ok! Once you've got into the departure area you can carry as much as you like - daft, but that's the way it works.

Hope this is of help.

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 11:06 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Steve, thanks for that. Mrs Mark is staying at home . I've drawn the short straw and have to go with my Son . Will try to get the caeras and stuff into fleece pockets before secuity.

Mark

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 1:12 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
yep, shove as much as you can in coat pockets too.  Easyjet don't give us stickers for hand baggage  (but we're not charged for them )

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 3:34 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Never heard of any airline putting stickers on hand luggage, not even Ryanair, although if they did, no doubt they'd charge for them!

As far as I know, there are as yet no rules regarding the wearing of hats, so if you can find a nice big one, you can get quite a bit of stuff under that too! (Marmalade sandwiches, for example).

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Feb 2008 4:52 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

When I fly transatlantic my hand luggage is given a sticker but I think this is mainly because the airlines have such a low bag limit for carry on baggage.

When we last flew with BA we had one bag between us but we were still warned that we had to watch what we bought in Duty Free.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2008 4:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

On the outbound journey from East Midlands, the poor bloke on security was armed with a barcode scanner to check boarding cards and passports. What an ar*e of a job that is really the airlines responsibility. Those of of with web check in took longer to pass through thatn those with airline issued boarding cards as our details needed to be checked and verified. What adifference coming back from Murcia though......

We managed to get our boarding passes printed in Spain and joined the queue for security, straight through. No- one looked at passports or boarding cards and into the departure lounge we wet. The first time anyone looked at the passports and boarding cards was just as we were walking out of the gate to board!! Make a bit of a farce of all the security precautions outbound if it is going to be so slack inbound!!!

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New CGT Rules - 5 posts
Where'd the OASIS go?? - 3 posts
TO DO LIST - 6 posts
Money recovered - 4 posts
New Life in Spain - 4 posts
Golf Course - 4 posts
majestic gardens - 2 posts
Illegal property in Catral & surrounding areas, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
rental agent fee - 8 posts
Ms Janice Duncan and Mr. Neil McWilliam - 1 posts
I presume you all received it? - 4 posts
Residencia - 1 posts
Good Rental Agent Marbella Area - 1 posts
ACC a no go area - 5 posts
For those not in Spain ................ - 2 posts
Second hand clothes + charity shops - 21 posts
Roda golf sub standard finishes - 3 posts
Im back again - just! - 3 posts
dogs barking - 0 posts
Silence is no longer golden!! - 11 posts
Madrid - Advice on where to stay - 0 posts
Palmera and Grupo Mirador - 2 posts
Gay B&B - 8 posts
Happy to be Here in Spain - 4 posts
Benahavis new life - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x