Ryanair note......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2008 8:09 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
ooops......posted twice ( must be the thought of all those sweeties)..................not that there are any left!!!!!

This message was last edited by Karensun on 2/10/2008.

This message was last edited by Karensun on 2/10/2008.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 11:55 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Buy your loved ones Ryanair vouchers for a treat.

https://www.ryanairvouchers.com/EN/vouchers.asp

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also saw this ............ RYANAIR FREE FLIGHTS 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/12/2008.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 2:45 PM by redman Star rating. 235 posts Send private message

Just an update of Ryanairs latest (ripoff) prices for Flights in Feb/March 2008.

Airport Check-in £6 - Online Check-in is still Free

A case (upto 15kg) is now £12 and as you are forced to use the Airport Check-in ( £6)  basically means £18 to take a case

Credit Card Charge (Visa etc) is £6 per person not per purchase value. So booking 3 people online will cost you £18 in credit card fees.

I've also heard rumours that they will soon charge for carry on luggage. 

Regards,

Redman.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 3:40 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Outragous fees as we are the people who are doing all the work for the booking

The prices you've quoted are they for a return trip (baggage) or one way only

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 4:00 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Have just looked at my latest booking form, Semi and those costings must be for both ways.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Feb 2008 9:32 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

The charges are a mixture of both.  The credit card fee is £3 one way flight so £6 for a return.  The luggage is £12 each way so £24 for a return.  The iniquitious charge is the one for £24 to take a booster seat on with you.

This article cites Ryanair as being the least family friendly airline of all http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/holiday_type/family/article2050201.ece

This article gives all the extras being charged by airlines http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml?xml=/travel/2008/02/09/et-charges-news-109.xml

The first artilcle also points out that, when adding on the extras, the "budget" airlines can work out up to 35% more than the scheduled operators.  Just a shame that the scheduled airlines fly from such limited places.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2008 8:25 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I understand that most airlines want to deter you from checking in bags but why do you have to pay an individual payment fee for each passenger and journey.

You can only book with Ryanair on-line so have to pay with a credit or debit card, it will be a total payment so why the breakdown for each passenger.  As I said before we are the people doing all the work not Ryanair.

I've read that Jet2 are doing this as well plus fuel charges.

Maybe worthwhile reporting these airlines to the office of fair trading, perhaps these airlines can explain to them why they have introduced these higher payment charges.

As you so rightly say Bobaol in some areas people don't have a choice and have to use Ryanair but I did read of someone who found it was cheaper to use another airline to fly to a different airport and fly from there to Spain.

With these extra charges then it might be worthwhile looking at every possibility,

Who knows if this continues it may be cheaper to drive over as the ferries and Chunnel are announcing cheaper fares.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2008 1:02 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

We paid 26€ each for bag and airport check in.......this was the total charge for a return flight for one person.

That is for flight booked in Feb to fly in April 2008.....................why is yours different?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
16 Feb 2008 3:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I've read that Jet2 are doing this as well plus fuel charges.

Where are Jet2 adding the fuel charges, at checkout? Just wondering if the airline industry is going back to the bad old days of the fuel surcharge on day of departure and there is no mention of it on the website .

The Ryanair plane next to ours yesterday at Murcia was emblazoned with "Say no to the BA fuel levy", didn't know they flew to Murcia .

Mark

Like 0      
16 Feb 2008 5:05 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I think the person who was booking a flight with Jet2 said it was the last thing to be added to the long list of all the other extra's.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 3:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

Like 0      
07 May 2008 12:51 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just got mail in from Martin's money saving site ..

URGENT! £5 Ryanair flights (incl. most taxes & charges). To scores of European destinations in May, June, September & October, avail. until Midnight Thurs 8 May. Find them quickly: £5 Ryanair Flights guide.

Like 0      
28 May 2008 1:36 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just got mail in from Martin's money saving site .. 

More 1p (inc most taxes & charges) flights available…
 Ryanair’s extended its sale, now from nine UK airports you can get 1p flights until Thurs 29 May. Find them quick: Ryanair 1p Flights

Like 0      
28 May 2008 9:40 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

I refuse to travel with Ryannair  - never have and never will.   Even when I have had the chance of a 1p fare I have refused.  Can't stand the man and can't stand the way he treats his customers, but unfortunatly that is the way that air travel will be going in the future.   Heard that American Airlines is now charging for luggugae in the hold . BA will be next as the days of cheap flights is past disappearing.

Like 0      
28 May 2008 10:03 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Maybe so, Tamsin, but many do fly with Ryanair & are happy enough to do so, especially if they get hold of a cheap seat. That's why I post info & let others decide if they want to take up the offers. If you don't want to fly with Ryanair you aren't obliged to. We all need to get to our properties somehow.

Like 0      
28 May 2008 11:46 AM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

Could find cheap Ryanair into Alicante but not out. Have found flights to Santiago de Compostella, £45 for 2 return flights (that includes the handling fee) , handluggage only . So we're off there for a few days

Like 0      
28 May 2008 11:53 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

We've only flown once with Ryan air and it was pretty awful but we were not used to the budget airlines methods in those days. It really was a dash across the tarmac to get on the plane.
Now we use Easyjet and fairly happy so far.  In fact when checking on low cost flights a few days ago OH refused First Choice even though it was (slightly) cheaper than Easyjet as it didn't allow in advance on line check in. He said he's got used to not having to queue and likes just turning up. 
Used GB airways in the past (via BA) and now that Easyjet have taken them over they're using their planes and they look much tattier than their own fleet. 

Like 0      
28 May 2008 1:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Well done, Milli.  Enjoy your break.

Like 0      
28 May 2008 5:39 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Morerosado

Did not mean to cause offense.   For me to use Ryanair would not result in much saving as I would have to travel miles to the nearest airport . 

Like 0      
28 May 2008 6:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Tamsin..  I just think it would be great if people posted positives though & left it to others to choose. There are many who have had no problems with Ryanair same as there are those who've had no problems with Easyjet & other airlines. I just try to inform. No offence taken.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ALBOX TE NECESITA - ALBOX NEEDS YOU - 1 posts
North ,South , East ,West. - 7 posts
Can someone explain the "I've made x no of posts" - 4 posts
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FORUM - 2 posts
Al Mar El Mar - 6 posts
£19m Lotto winner - 3 posts
Spanish Government hides their banks troubles - 0 posts
swap your uk flat for my 2 bed penthouse - 0 posts
Does this amount sound okay to you tax people out there - 11 posts
About to buy - 17 posts
Camper Van Hire to tour Spain - 0 posts
What is the responsibility of The Townhall? - 8 posts
If you sell a Spanish property and buy another is there relief on capital gains tax? - 7 posts
Flights with British Airways - 40 posts
Towels and bed linen for the rental market - 17 posts
i need a long term let - 1 posts
One for you girls.... - 11 posts
Inland Auctions - 0 posts
FAO Admin: Contacting Rental Agents Problem - 5 posts
Long Term Unfurnished Property Wanted in Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Completion - 20 posts
Ford Transit Luton Van - 1 posts
4 birth caravan for sale - 0 posts
Van Hire - 0 posts
washing machine repair - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x