£19m Lotto winner

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

£19m Lotto winner, Stephen Smith, 58, from Hemel Hempstead, Herts, wishes for health. He has an aortic aneurism. My dad died from this condition. Money doesn't buy everything.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080129/tuk-19m-lotto-winner-wishes-for-health-6323e80_1.html

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 4:41 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morerosado

quite right sadly, but it does sometimes give you choices...... i would think it will give him the choice to get the best treatment possible when he needs it.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 5:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Goodstich, aortic aneurysm is one of those awful conditions where they cannot operate till aneurysm is of a certain size then it is at rupturing point. You are just lucky if you don't die on operating table at that point. My dad had first op which thankfully went well (guy in next bed in ITU had same thing & died in ITU before he could get to theatre) but, in time, the thing caused problems again & he was in hospital, waiting for tests to be completed, when it burst. (You lose your life's blood). They rushed dad into operating theatre & he endured op only to die in recovery as they couldn't raise his BP.

http://www.vascularsociety.org.uk/patient/aaa.html

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 5:10 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes he is not to far from us.   At least he can get private medical treatment,  as I have been told by our MP the local hosp. will be closing.    But it is very true money does not buy happiness or health in this case. At least it is going to someone that deserves it and should help him medically.   Pat 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Government hides their banks troubles - 0 posts
swap your uk flat for my 2 bed penthouse - 0 posts
Does this amount sound okay to you tax people out there - 11 posts
About to buy - 17 posts
Camper Van Hire to tour Spain - 0 posts
What is the responsibility of The Townhall? - 8 posts
If you sell a Spanish property and buy another is there relief on capital gains tax? - 7 posts
Flights with British Airways - 40 posts
Towels and bed linen for the rental market - 17 posts
i need a long term let - 1 posts
One for you girls.... - 11 posts
Inland Auctions - 0 posts
FAO Admin: Contacting Rental Agents Problem - 5 posts
Long Term Unfurnished Property Wanted in Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Completion - 20 posts
Ford Transit Luton Van - 1 posts
4 birth caravan for sale - 0 posts
Van Hire - 0 posts
washing machine repair - 2 posts
DRIVING MEDICAL - 10 posts
Property off plan in Darro - 0 posts
Vera Playa area - 10 posts
"Expats under attack" - 2 posts
Shop needed to rent in Fuingarola? - 1 posts
Laura & Andrew - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x