Small steps...but things move forward

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
I thought it would be nice for those of us who are planning to move to Spain to periodically update the board on where we are at.....

1. NIE - I now have mine in my greasy little mits..I used a local co in Moraira to get these, paid them €100 to go and pick them up. I did all the paperwork, Q'd and presented them in Denia and used the chaps at Pink Villas to do the last bit. I had them fax'd thro to me and will pick them up on my next Visit in February...

2. XLS - I have an spreadsheet (now in Open office format) which is being used to track every aspect of our move, its growing at a rate and I have some of the members of EOS to thank for their work which I have just continued..this helps the focus

3. House Sale - Surprise surprise I have two interested parties...so we might be back on the selling path...not putting too much faith in this, but I live in hope

4. My eldest daughter has announced that she wants to go to a spanish state school (12 years) and we are delighted...it'll be tough at the start but much better for her. We are to visit the secondary school in Feb as well

5. Rental House - We had to grab one and start paying....to make sure we got one...its lovely and its like we already have a home base..it'll also make the transition easier as we are to stay there in Feb amd March (hols) and the kids will start to get used to it...to call it home for our first 12-18 months.

There ya go...every hopeful that my dream will come true...how about the rest of the movers in 2008...how are you doing...well I hope

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 12:11 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Pknott

Fabulous news that things are looking better for you. I hope it all continues in the same vein.

What part of Ireland are you in?

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
13 Jan 2008 4:11 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
I live in Dublin...so everything in spain looks very cheap to me!!!

Like 0      
22 Jan 2008 3:14 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Well done, doesn't it feel good to get the smallest step forward. We are a little behnd you. We are going on a visit to Spain in Feb when we will get our NIE numbers, look for somewhere to rent (our house will not be ready until (Oct 08) and our house is just up for sale. We have 2 pups who we need to get pet passports sorted before we can move permanently, but we cannot wait.

I have got MS onenote which I use to keep a record of everything and can copy info into there as I come across it otherwise I forget where I have seen it (just remember to keep a backup incase compyter fails)

Hope things continue to move foward.

Jacqui

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2008 12:57 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Dare I dream....?

3rd viewing today...decision on Monday....even if they don't make an offer (well increased from the amount they proposed already) then we know the feedback is good and we have people interested. Just need the ECB to drop their rates to get the market a little more fluid and then we make our escape via the back door!!

Off on 09-02 to Spain to see schools...have to continue with the plan. Even if the sale doesn't happen this year, its good to be making progress...its certainly warmer on the CB than it is here!!!

So every day....I look at our beach...

http://webcam.comunitatvalenciana.com/webcamcostablanca-teulada-moraira.htm?id_camara=49

the beach bar will be open soon....ahhh...nice warm summer evenings...

Like 0      
01 Feb 2008 1:12 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
02 Feb 2008 2:13 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Good luck PK, Can't wait to make the move myself but it looks like it will take a fewmonths to sort things out UK end.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2008 6:15 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

A friend was in a similar situation last year, she got very depressed as she had plenty of viewers but no offers.

She was downsizing and had bought a new flat, she decided to reduce the asking price (grudgingly as it was worth it) and started to ask viewers directly for feed back.

Some of the negative points she decided to act upon after she returned from the cruise she went on to celebrate her 50th birthday. (November)

Before she went she had two viewers one weekend and by the Monday she heard that they both put an offer in.

She completed last month, so it can be done.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 9:50 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Well....how things move slowly...can't say the economic issues of the world are helping my lot...but my latest...  

The person who was looking at our pad came back after making a dismal offer and has up'd it...still short of what we want or need to be comfortable and not look like a nana coming over with a few 000 and then finding out that you have run out!

This week...(I keep saying that) should either move that person off to another house or increase it to a level that makes things digestible

Have a few questions...for all those experts

1. If I inform the tax man (Ireland or UK - they are the same really with the same rules) that I am going to leave the country say in August and conclude my tax year...and then move to spain. Do I get 12 months allowances in spain for the remainder of the year....this happened when I moved from the UK to Ireland...sort of double bubble if you like

2. Does anyone have any information accounts that are regarded as being "offshore and legally" outside the spanish tax system. I know that once you take interest in such facilities that you pay tax on the interest. The benefits being you get compunded interest...just wondering if anyoen has some investment links? I understand these will then be outside the wealth tax net.....

Ta,,,,,,

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 3:12 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi pknott, I don't think you can opt out of one tax system before you have opted into another. We had to wait till we were 'resident' ( got residencia ) in Spain, THEN infor the UK and also proved we had entered the Spanish tax system. This means that at that stage we had paid 2 lots of tax but did get it back very quickly. ( don't forget the UK tax year is different to the Spanish tax year )

If you want an off shore account, you should open it BEFORE you leave UK as once resident here, unless you lie, you cannot open a bank account in UK or offshore as you are no longer resident in UK.

PM me if you want more info.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easyjet Sale - 4 posts
I need properties in Elviria for holiday rentals - 0 posts
aldea beach 1 & 11 - 0 posts
Patio/Garden Furniture Required - 0 posts
Please welcome Cliffyrmd - 41 posts
10 year guarantee - 1 posts
Novo Arcos Town Houses - 3 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
Looking fro long term rental - 1 posts
Home demolished in Vera - 357 posts
Wanted 1,2 & 3 bed properties for long term rent in the Duquesa Area - 1 posts
Market St. restaurant, San Miguel, CB - 2 posts
Dona Isabel's, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP OUR ADMINISTRATOR HAS RESIGNED JUST BEFORE OUR AGM - 3 posts
Disney in Spain - 13 posts
Passport length - 9 posts
hola everybody - 2 posts
San Blas Tenerife - 1 posts
Andalucian Delegation Association for the Defence of Home Owners - 0 posts
3 bed - long term rental required. - 0 posts
taxis at san javier airport - 4 posts
Introduction - 5 posts
calanovaseagolf - 5 posts
Wanted property to buy minimum of two bedrooms. - 1 posts
bringing a jet ski from Uk to Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x