Market St. restaurant, San Miguel, CB

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Market St. restaurant is a great place & we've been a few times. It used to do a lunchtime MDD weekdays but sadly has stopped this.  It's only open now evenings & Sunday lunchtime. Closed Mondays. However we've been for Sunday lunch, you must book. It has smoking & non smoking areas. 16€ plus your drinks. (EG...a bottle house wine 9.50€, litre water 3€, lime/lemonade 1.70€) .Lots of choice, lots of food & served very stylishly. Veggies come separately. It has an interesting  website too from which you can email Alison Byrne, owner, to book. Non smoking reservations on Sundays are 1pm & 4pm, smoking can be booked for any time till 5pm.

http://www.marketstrestaurant.net/home.html

"Harley" & her OH & myself & my OH went November. "Karensun" & her OH, "Semijubilada" & her OH & myself & my OH (poor "Aunty Em" & her OH, "Kenco", were not able to join us as Em was very poorly in the UK) went Sunday 30th December & had a great time. We booked the non smoking area & kept losing Karen & Semi's OH to the comfy lounge area as they smoke so everyone was, I hope, catered for. We arrived before 4pm & didn't leave till after 7pm. When we asked for the bill we were given two bottles of liqueurs so of course we had to try these. (Think we got put out with the empties )

This was our table for Dec 30th, in foreground on the right.

This is their Sunday lunch menu though price is 16 not 15€ now. They will give you some of each meat too if you prefer.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/10/2008.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 9:10 PM by noreen_king Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Can't believe Market Street  in San Miguel have stopped doing their Menu del Dia at lunch times.  I went with vistors on numerouse occasions and it was always full. 

Why why why no menu del dia???????

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 11:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
They stopped doing their weekdays MDD summer 2006, Noreen, likely because other restaurants could offer outside space which Market St. couldn't. (I forgot to ask the owner, Alison Byrne when I went). They resumed October 2006, I believe. However, they again stopped lunchtime MDD summer 2007 & just decided not to restart. I miss it too. 13€ for a superb meal with bottle of wine per couple included. Maybe they find that opening just evenings is best for them & they are full.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dona Isabel's, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP OUR ADMINISTRATOR HAS RESIGNED JUST BEFORE OUR AGM - 3 posts
Disney in Spain - 13 posts
Passport length - 9 posts
hola everybody - 2 posts
San Blas Tenerife - 1 posts
Andalucian Delegation Association for the Defence of Home Owners - 0 posts
3 bed - long term rental required. - 0 posts
taxis at san javier airport - 4 posts
Introduction - 5 posts
calanovaseagolf - 5 posts
Wanted property to buy minimum of two bedrooms. - 1 posts
bringing a jet ski from Uk to Spain - 0 posts
house insurance - 16 posts
Wanted - Holiday rental for July - Aug 08 Sleep 6 to 8 - 2 posts
The Buzz of spain - 6 posts
Contract Ts & Cs - Cancellations - comments - 1 posts
Things for Kids to do in Denia? - 2 posts
Nationwide Flex a/c - 43 posts
Airports set to ease bags limit - 8 posts
Newquay to Alicante - Another option for those in the Southwest - 2 posts
Part Exchange - 0 posts
Has anyone received a communication from the builders or Masa re connecting gas? - 8 posts
Long Term Rental Contract - 2 posts
Selling property in england - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x