Introduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by tanboy Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Just to introduce ourselves, Jill and Garry.

In the process of buying a villa off plan in murcia.

We are a little worried about the strength of the Euro though, this will have a massive effect if it stay's as is or worsen's?

If we take funds over we lose massive in the exchange rate, if we take a mortgage in Euro's we pay through the nose on "arrangement fee's" and 7% I.V.A.Tax for the luxury of borrowing their money etc.. So one lose's both way's.

Will have to get my head round this before long but it is a canundrum.

I have my doubt's about the economics of renting out as well. If the Spanish taxman takes 25% before any bills are paid and the rental agent takes 20% ....that  leaves  the guy who is taking all the risk's and own's the property with 55% . From this you need to pay the mortgage and everything else..... Seems a very large chunk of " would be" profit  for the hangers on.

Has anyone any experiance of renting out? Is this going to be a problem paying out 45% and then being able to pay any mortgages etc? Any information on these would put our minds at rest and give us and everyone else on this forum a little in-sight.

Any Ideas anyone or any different interpretations?

Send a private e-mail if you like?

This message was last edited by tanboy on 1/9/2008.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 1:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Tanboy and welcome to the forum. The rate will improve in time but thats no help if you have to transfer now. Yes you will have opening fees and maybe a broker fee, but this may be better in the long term if you are planning with regards to inheritance taxes etc.

You will have purchase costs regardless of how you actaully pay for it - the 7% is the purchase tax and payable anyway. Your total costs (and this is general rule of thumb) should be around 11% cash purchases and 13% for mortgage purchase although this depends on the lender etc.

Rent wise you are correct in the tax but then you can claim costs back if you are being correct. Your lawyer can advise you te best way to structure things to ensure you are tax eficient.

I would strongly advise you to have a word with Smiley on this forum who is a mortgage broker but also has a wealth of knowledge with regards to the best way to buy including reduction of inheritance tax etc. Send him a pm or pm me and I will send you his details if you want.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 2:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Rixxy, Jill and Garry sent me a PM & I gave them Patrick's details.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 2:02 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Thanks More, how are you after the xmas break and new year? Hope you had a good time

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 2:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Rixxy, we had a wonderful time, thanks. Spent many happy hours with many EOS members, "Karensun" & her OH a few times, "Semijubilada" & her OH, "Formentera Costa" & her OH, "Hudsey" & her OH. "Aunty Em" was ill sadly so she & "Kenco" never made it out to Spain.    We were on the beach on Christmas morning with our bottle of Cava, joining in the fun with thousands of others. Rather a ritual isn't it ?

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 2:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh yes, I love the way the Spanish embrace and adopt other counrties rituals. We have 2 xmases and a new year so things started on the 21st with the office staff lunch (polite way of describing it!) then off over the UK xmas and its rituals followed by a few days recovery then went to Madird to see in the new year in the main square (equivalent to Big Ben - just smaller with everyone wering costumes and wigs scoffing the 12 grapes and drinking cava - again!) Then follwed by few more days rest and Spanish xmas, the 3 kings processions on the 5th, the day on the 6th followed by a bank hol on the 7th!

Bit of a shock getting back to work yesterday with an 8am start and finally finishing at 830 pm! I was hoping for a gentle ease into it!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

calanovaseagolf - 5 posts
Wanted property to buy minimum of two bedrooms. - 1 posts
bringing a jet ski from Uk to Spain - 0 posts
house insurance - 16 posts
Wanted - Holiday rental for July - Aug 08 Sleep 6 to 8 - 2 posts
The Buzz of spain - 6 posts
Contract Ts & Cs - Cancellations - comments - 1 posts
Things for Kids to do in Denia? - 2 posts
Nationwide Flex a/c - 43 posts
Airports set to ease bags limit - 8 posts
Newquay to Alicante - Another option for those in the Southwest - 2 posts
Part Exchange - 0 posts
Has anyone received a communication from the builders or Masa re connecting gas? - 8 posts
Long Term Rental Contract - 2 posts
Selling property in england - 33 posts
car seat laws - 1 posts
Selling a business in Spain - 6 posts
santa anna jumilla - 1 posts
Before you know it - 1 posts
Search in off plan development area - 1 posts
Question about Al Andalus location - 12 posts
Anybody bought in Vegamar I residencial? - 3 posts
Rental in Los Alcazares - 1 posts
Looking for a rental - 0 posts
Drinking Water - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x