Places to stay in Cadiz & Jerez

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

We are considering a long weekend trip later this week taking in Cadiz, Jerez and possibly Seville.

Would appreciate any info about recommended hotels, guest houses, places to eat etc ?

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 2:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Wow! Jerez, Cadiz and Sevilla are wonderful places to stay these days. I cannot enumerate how many places I would visit if I could, but as a show:

1.- Jerez: www.villajerez.com or www.jerezhotel.com They have offers whih include visits to the Andalusian School of Equestrian Art. Just walk around the centre of the town, visit the Churches and enjoy the festive ambient these days.

If you have a chance take a trip to Arcos de la Frontera or even Grazalema

2.- Seville: Any Tapas place in the center of the historical town or Barrio de Santa Cruz and any little hotel there is always clean, hommie and nice. You can visit the Cathedral , where the Seises dance these days. And maybe visit Parador de Carmona

Have a great time!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 3:15 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Many thanks for all of the info Maria,

I'll check everything out.....................

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
06 Dec 2007 8:54 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Please, let us know on your trip next week.

Horse carriage rides in Seville are expensive but I thin are worth it.

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 10:13 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Went 2 years ago and loved it. Jerez has a great atmosphere. Stayed at the Melia Tryp hotel. Booked through the website , rooms were 50 euros per night. If you can , take the tour of the Gonzalez Byass bodega but don't drive, after the sherry at the end of the tour you won't be able to ! Cadiz was interesting  but not as attractive as Jerez .We enjoyed the open top bus tour in high season,the route could be easily walked in cooler weather. Have a good trip.

Like 0      
07 Dec 2007 10:17 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar
Forgot to mention the hotel we used in Sevilla wa the Melia Colon, again we got a good deal on the website. Sevilla is beautiful and there is a lot to see. The Plaza de Espana is worth seeing as are the cathedral and alcazar.

Like 0      
08 Dec 2007 9:16 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Well, We should have been enjoying The Cadiz Coastline this past couple of days BUT a problem with our car scuppered our planned trip!! Hopefully, we shall arrange another trip soon but thanks for all of your info as it really looks like a very special region to explore...........

Mike T

Like 0      
08 Dec 2007 11:15 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

www.tarifa.net

for that next time!

M.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 1:29 PM by dragoad Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I like Cadiz very much especial old part of the city. Three years ago we traveled in region of Cadiz. We stayed in an appartment  which has been positioned away from Cadiz but close the sea. Ofcource we rented a car to visiting Cadiz and surrounding.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 5:40 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

the best hotel and restaurant bin that area, in my opinion is the Califa in Vejer

http://www.lacasadelcalifa.com/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gardens in Spain - 4 posts
Mortgage Option - 33 posts
A very happy Christmas & New Year from Morerosado - 30 posts
People power vs Orihuela Costa townhall. - 10 posts
Books and Greeting Cards to Spain - 15 posts
Nerves - What are the keys to a successful move and staying and enjoying Spain - 26 posts
Motorcycling in Spain - 6 posts
New traffic laws now in force - 9 posts
Pool Cleaning - 1 posts
20,417 ??? - 35 posts
Arenal 2000 - Benalmadena - 2 posts
niel - 2 posts
can anyone help me???? - 2 posts
INTERNET BANKING - SCAM EMAILS - 7 posts
inspect a home spain - 6 posts
inspect a home spain - 2 posts
Legal action against Palmera Properties and Mirador - 2 posts
EASYJET... NEW ROUTE FROM MAY ... NEWCASTLE TO MURCIA - 0 posts
Can anyone help me??? - 1 posts
EasyJet have released Bristol to Murcia & Alicante summer flights - 15 posts
Mojon Hills nr Puerto de Mazarron, Region of Murcia - 0 posts
Automatic Rip Off - 3 posts
Agents cash back lies - 2 posts
Data Protection Act 1999 - 5 posts
Expenditure before establishment of community...... liable or not? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x