inspection trips with amba sun international

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by jimmy thornton Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi everyone! i have just booked an inspection trip with amba sun but think i may have made a mistake as think its all dodgy - has anyone been on one with them or anyone else and lost money etc. what happens if you dont want any of the properties, do you have to pay for the hotel    cheers 

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 9:10 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 9:55 AM by lynnbenton2001 Star rating in Staffordshire. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Jimmy,

We went out with Ambasun in July 2006 and bought on United Golf Resorts, La Tercia.

We too have heard horror stories on this site about Ambasun but we found that they did everything they promised to and, no, you don't have to pay for your hotel.

Speaking to other people we think we were lucky with our representative, George, as he was very knowledgeable and we didn't feel he was pushy.  We had a very intensive four days searching a very wide area, as our intention was to buy.  We gathered from what he told us, however,  that some people took advantage of the package and turned up with their golf clubs at the airport! If you are serious, there's certainly no time for golf!

The builders are on time with the development which we went out to visit a few weeks ago so we should be completing in the new year. We're certainly not out of the woods yet and will have to see how things proceed with Ambasun, but so far, no complaints but it's best to keep your wits about you and remain wary!

We found this site after buying and have found that the information offered on it is invaluable. Good luck.

Lynn & John Benton 

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 10:02 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I did a search on this forum but only one thread came up for amba sun.  Didn't look too promising as that person seemed to be having trouble. 

Why not have a look yourself, just click on search forums in right hand corner, you can then send a private message to ask whether they would recommend using this company.

If you're having doubts then why go, some people treat these viewing trips like a cheap trip abroad.  If you don't know the area then they could prove to be useful although you could land up locked in a car and still none the wiser.  I've never heard of anyone being charged if they don't buy, depends really how strongly you can resist the selling pitch.

A friend went out with a small company and she was very impressed with the service she received.  No high pressure selling, she went out with her sister and they were given a lot of free time.  She did find somewhere near the end of the trip but she said she felt like they wouldn't have minded if she hadn't.  Mind you she's a very strong willed lady so that might have been part of the reason.

How do they advertise the inspection trips, you should be able to get a feel for how it will go from that, if it says no pressure then tell them to back off, quoting the brochure if necessary.

You've paid for the trip why not use it, see what's available for your budget, get an idea of what's on the market.  Have a look at resales as well rather than show houses (pilotos).  Take everything with a pinch of salt and take the rose coloured glasses off when looking.  If you're not sure then ask for more time to think about it, some builders in Spain wait until the whole zone has been sold before they start laying foundations.  The plans you will see and timetable is not adhered to 99% of the time.  My friends was 2 years late.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2008 12:04 PM by espanablue Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

AMBA SUN !  the best advice I can give is dont touch them with a bargepole , theyre liars , you pay over the odds for legal fees as they keep part of that ( maximum you should pay is 1.5% not 3%) they will pressure you towards the end of your trip (but in a nice way of course !!!!!!) they earn for setting you up a bank account and all the after sales ie grills , alarms etc

They are basically a double glazing company from the UK trying to earn as much money out of you as long as they can !

Its not the sales peoples fault they are just here trying to earn a living , you need to look further up the ladder in my honest opinion.

My advice is go with a small agent as they dont have to rip you off as they dont have the fancy offices and overheads for you to pay for. Believe me if you have a problem with amba sun once youve handed over your 3000 euro deposit and signed its all downhill from there BE WARNED !!!!!!!

The weather is gorgeous by the way and it is a wonderful place to live !

Like 0      
03 Apr 2008 12:27 PM by john richard Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

AmbaSun are not unlike dozens of other companies - they originally were in double glazing.So maybe that answers a question.

If you want to buy at the moment ( the market is like a bad car crash ) nobody knows what is going to happen next .

Personally I live in Javea, loads of resales that are increasingly look great value.

Not knocking Torre where Ambasun tour the bucket and spade brigade but one visit to Javea or Moraira I guarantee you will realise you are in a different world.

Reason Ambasun dont cover the area?

Commissions are easily 70% less - and it is not over developed by incredibly overpriced,crappy developments.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 4:34 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Hi

We bought through Ambasun and I wish I had found this sight before our inspection trip as I would have avoided them and bought direct through the builders!

We did a fantastic tour and our rep was fantastic but, as many others have said, once we paid the reservation fee Ambasun did virtually nothing for us. We reserved a off plan apartment only to find out planning permission had not be approved-and still isn't a year on!!

We have now completed on a property by the same builders in a diferent complex. This was arranged by my husband dealing with the builders himself and keeping Ambasun informed of our progress (shouldn't that have been the other way round?) It really winds me up that Ambasun has made money from this deal and apart from the inspection trip have done no work for it.

In short avoid Ambasun deal with the builders or some one recommended to you by some one you trust!

Good Luck

Like 0      
24 May 2009 5:43 PM by aplaceinthesun Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

My partner and I have just returned from an inspection trip with Amba Sun International to the Alicante/Murcia regions of Spain.

We were very pleased with the way we were treated. We were shown the regions on our first day and properties to our criteria on the second day. Amba Sun found us a property that was far better than we expected, in a great location and at a price below our budget. Our Guide (Kay) was brilliant, we had no preasure and didn't feel intimidated at any time during our trip.

From our experience, we can only reccommend Amba Sun.

A & T

Like 0      
24 May 2009 7:51 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Don't touch Ambasun with a barge pole.  If something/anything goes wrong they will be nowhere to be seen.  We were badly let down by these crooks.  When we needed them they were not there.  They should not be able to trade.  The last time I heard about this company they were doing the same to people who were buying in Bulgaria. 

Sorry to be negative but hopefully you will never need their help because if you do it will be a completely different story.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
24 May 2009 7:54 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

P.S.

DO NOT USE THE LAWYERS THEY WILL RECOMMEND, THEY ARE ALSO CROOKS.

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
28 May 2009 5:23 PM by aplaceinthesun Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We find it very hard to accept the criticism that we have read on this forum.

No doubt there will always be a few that have had a bad experience, no company can please everybody all of the time, but there are also a lot of people that have been very pleased with Amba Sun. Perhaps it's a British tradition that we are always too ready to criticise. We wouldn't have trusted them if it wasn't for a recommendation from friends who had bought through them.

As we said in our previous thread, we were very pleased. If you decide to go with Amba Sun, keep an open mind.

A & T

Like 0      
28 May 2009 6:04 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

A & T

I accept your comments but yet again I will say:   On your own head be it.  Yes all was lovely with Ambasun when they wanted the business but if it actually goes wrong Ambasun will not be there for you. Call it criticism if you want but fact is fact.  I could go on for an age about this awful company but I'm not going to. 

I would never recomend Ambasun to anyone.  I actually feel that they should not be able to trade.

I do however wish you all the best and hope for your sake nothing goes wrong. Please cover your back, dont have the lawyer they recommend and make sure all licences are in place, your house is already built and that there is no money left owing on the property, if you need a bank guarantee make sure you get it infact dont leave without it in your hand. 

I write this to help because I would not wish Ambasun on my worst enemy and yes keep an 'open mind' and know that they wont be there when you need them.

Regards Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
28 May 2009 8:18 PM by unclegeoff Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi

Its worth remembering that a company called Ambersun was one of those selling Almanzora Country Club, and look what a nightmare that has turned out to be.

as a matter of course I always look with some sceptisism at  posts from people with a history of one post and who give glowing references to estate agents. If I am wrong I apologise in advance of the expected reaction.

Regards

Like 0      
28 May 2009 9:50 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

vikassinghania, PLEASE READ RULES RE ADVERTISING

Like 0      
29 May 2009 1:22 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

my opinion is

that there are so many below market value built out projects currently for sale that it would save one in the region of 25-40% by purchasing one of these, they are already built so you get to see everything as it is-good or bad

good luck

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
29 May 2009 4:06 PM by aplaceinthesun Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Unclegeoff

I can understand your scepticism of us only having posted once or twice. We did however spend months researching, buying books and magazines, and contacting local agents for property details, before we finally agreed to an inspection tour.

All we can say is that, so far, we feel that we were treated very well by Amba Sun. But we are still in the early days of purchasing our property and we can assure you that if we are disappointed with Amba Sun for any reason, this forum will be the first to know.

Regards.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2009 9:04 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Aplaceinthesun

Hi, like you I came away from our viewing trip singing Ambasun praises I couldn't fault the trip at all. Our rep was fantastic & we are now good friends with her & visit each other when in Spain.

We didn't have a good experience with Ambasun after our deposit was paid & speaking to others it, unfortunately, appears to be the norm from Ambasun. Things did turn out good for us in the end but that was down to my husband sorting things out with the developers & then keeping Ambasun informed.

I do wish you the best of look & hope all goes well for your purchase.

As for the solicitors Ambasun put us touch with, we have had no problem with them at all & still use them now.

Where abouts are you buying? Is it a holiday home or permanent?

I wish you loads of luck with it, you will have ups & downs with your purchase, as most of us have but the enjoyment once you have place is well worth it!!!!!

Camille

Like 0      
10 Jun 2009 6:10 PM by flexit Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

HI to you all

well ive been reading all of what you had to say so i went on an inspection trip and i have to say i could not fault the inspection trip the guy who took me around gave me so much imfornation my head was buzzing at the end off each day but i was taken out for as meal at nite and we never spoke about properties all nite

At the end of the tour i found a resale i like cost just over 130,000 euros but i put an offer in and got it for 120,000 euros and ive been in contact with the guy in resale who has help me through everything and has kept me informed too i was worried that they wouldnt as off what you can read on here but my experiance has been fab and would recomend then to people

I would like to thank people on here for there imformation but i think iam glad i tryed it for my self and if your buying resale call the guy who runs it his name is ian ive got to know him very well he is good and helpfull too

bye for now

Like 0      
27 Oct 2009 8:11 PM by SpanishTom Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Ambasun take a 15 to 20% comission from the builders they sell. You won't even be shown properties unless the builder has signed up to this guarantee. If you buy a resale through them, the minimum they take in commission is 18%. It's a total ripoff. You can come over stay in 5 Star accomadation take it easy play golf every day for a month and still save thousands on your property by negotiating directly... You will be warned that people have to be careful and you're better off dealing with a big company, but they still disappear when the going gets tough...

Their Lawyers (PSI) take 3% of the property price, this is the most expensive around, you can do it for a flat fee with most Spanish lawyers, as in the UK. The most you should pay is 1%

If you open a bank account through them (bankcaja) they rake in another percentage... Ripoff from begining to end... The couple who keep extoling their virtues on here, is probably someone in the ambasun office pretending that they are happy buyers... Ripoff from start to finish...

I spoke to one of their ex-reps the other day, he left because they owed him 10,000 in comissions, So they even rip their own staff off...

This message was last edited by SpanishTom on 27/10/2009.

This message was last edited by SpanishTom on 27/10/2009.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2009 5:10 PM by aplaceinthesun Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We have just completed a purchase with Ambasun, and we have no complaints whatsoever.

We chose a resale at Montemar, near La Finca golf course, and they sorted everything out for us. I couldn't have done it without their help, they may be a little pricey but that would be my only comment. If you know how to buy property abroad then perhaps you could manage on your own, if not, make sure that you choose a property company that offers a full service.

Best of luck 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Restaurants in Velez Malaga and Torre del Mar - 0 posts
help with this - 8 posts
help with this - 1 posts
Demolishing coastal homes - 3 posts
Shipping agent in Valencia? - 1 posts
Community Meetings - 7 posts
BMI BABY SUMMER 2008 - FLIGHTS RELEASED - 8 posts
Time for a grumble ....and a few home truths.... - 26 posts
Newbie here!! - 4 posts
SECOND HAND FURNITURE - 1 posts
second hand furniture - 8 posts
Thinking of buying in Terrazas de Almerimar - 2 posts
i want to sell - 4 posts
Santa Pola - 5 posts
Smoke Alarms in Rental Properties - 7 posts
Ordering, Collection & Delivery Service? - 0 posts
Building and Contents Insurance - 9 posts
UK Tax Liability for Spanish Property Owners - 1 posts
Planting Palm trees... - 3 posts
Recent Floods (gota fria) in Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Torrevieja? or any where else? - 50 posts
FIRST TIME BUYERS IN SPAIN - 8 posts
hello everyone - 3 posts
Stop press: Justin promises .............. - 10 posts
Anyone out there from Northern Costa Blanca ? - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x