Newbie here!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by craigh9 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello everyone,

Well I'm new to this site, and from what I have read so far, will get a lot of useful information.

As you will gather, I'm looking at purchasing a place in Spain, and would be grateful for some words of wisdom.

I have been seriously looking at Polaris World properties, but am having a few doubts about the potential of the investment.

Ideally I'm looking for an Investment firstly and holiday home secondly, somewhere that is attractive to the rental market but will appreciable over time. 

Could anyone advise if a Polaris property would meet my requirements or would you advise elsewhere?

Many thanks for your help and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers  

Like 0      
30 Oct 2007 10:27 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Craigh9,

In my opinion if you are looking for a property at the moment for purely investment and capital growth in the long term Polaris is probably your safest bet.

The reasons behind this are the fact that Murcia is still a growing area giving some of the best increases in property prices throughout the whole of Spain,the other reasons are the growth in infrastructure in the area will add value especially with the new airport at Corvera(when it arrives).

If the Spanish goverment did not think there would be a seriuos influx continually to the area then they would not have considered building the new airport.

I have watched Polaris grow over the years and they have on the whole delivered what they promised in the early days from their off plan speculation,the prices have continued to rise a nd the now finished developments are selling for a lot more than the off plan price of the newer ones.

What you have to consider when looking at polaris is the long term,although things have moved on rapidly over the years there is still a long way to go and the finished article will be very nice.

For investment purposes look at resale prices on a finished development or key ready prices on a finished development and they are considerably higher than off plan at present,Polaris are also one of the only companies to periodically increase the prices of the property for sale and are now due for another 6% increase.

Of course there is alawys a fly or two in the ointment with developments of this size and there will always be teething problems untill the project matures,with a lot of investors buying there it can seem like nobody actually lives there as people have bought for speculation rather than premanent occupation.

I don't think you can find anything at the moment that is offering the long term return as Polaris with such differing products.

I always suggest investors look for the facts,Polaris have sold more property this year so far than they did last year(even in the current market)and have continually raised the prices.

It is maybe not the best place at the moment to set up home but in thye long term that will come as should a steady increase in price.

Hope this Helps

Georgia

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 2:26 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Nothing wrong with Polaris World but there are other alternatives which you can look at on golf courses and near beach

If you are just starting then do some research before making a decision

PW are very good for a 'Resort Life Style'...Condado de Alhama is in a great location and I am very tempted myself by the 2 bed apartment at Jardines de Alhama from 119.800 € with a solarium !!

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 3:53 PM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi Craigh, I also believe Polaris world resorts are a great place to have a rental property, however there are other developments on the Costa Blanca that will guarantee you a fixed amount of revenue from your property for a certain amount of time, which after that you could then use it as a second home. I think you are doing the right thing by looking at all your options before making a decision and im sure you will make the right choice.

All the best 

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 4:02 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

When buying properties anywhere and in particular in UK with guaranteed rentals you should realise that the price has been adjusted accordingly.....nothing for nothing in property!!!

But to some it is a good way of buying as it helps out with the finance at the start and in the end you get your new life style home....with the prospect that capital values will catch up 

Polaris World Resorts mostly have good rental potential 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SECOND HAND FURNITURE - 1 posts
second hand furniture - 8 posts
Thinking of buying in Terrazas de Almerimar - 2 posts
i want to sell - 4 posts
Santa Pola - 5 posts
Smoke Alarms in Rental Properties - 7 posts
Ordering, Collection & Delivery Service? - 0 posts
Building and Contents Insurance - 9 posts
UK Tax Liability for Spanish Property Owners - 1 posts
Planting Palm trees... - 3 posts
Recent Floods (gota fria) in Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Torrevieja? or any where else? - 50 posts
FIRST TIME BUYERS IN SPAIN - 8 posts
hello everyone - 3 posts
Stop press: Justin promises .............. - 10 posts
Anyone out there from Northern Costa Blanca ? - 14 posts
WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GO - 4 posts
Baby Emma appeal - update - 4 posts
wealth tax - 28 posts
Property costs calculator - 0 posts
Mr - 14 posts
Introduction - 3 posts
Any chance of my PMs ever working again ? - 6 posts
Taxi licence...... - 0 posts
JUST INTRODUCING MYSELF :) - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x