New Rules on Plus Valia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2022 2:26 PM by andyfamily Star rating in Hertfordshire. 32 posts Send private message

I would be grateful for any help with rules on Plus Valia.  We sold our propery in the Costa Del Sol on the 10th October 2021.  This was the day the new Plus Valia tax was reinstated.  We made a loss.  My lawyer electronically filed the necessary forms.  He kept a retention of nearly 6k in his Escrow account until he was indemnified of all charges ( he had POA).  He has agreed to pay this back to us 1 year later, but has warned me that we may be liable i quote 

"Please be advised you will be held liable with all your assets, including UK ones, to pay what is due in taxes to your town hall."

The document was filed correctly - we made a loss.  I am in contact with the Town Hall - is there a document they issue to say we are free from all tax charges ?  Is the above statemnet true?  Why would we get taxed on our UK assests? 

Any help much appreciated. 

Like 0      
13 Oct 2022 8:19 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

He is just covering his backside, just accept your 6k and forget about it.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2022 8:23 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

When you say you are liable to pay tax on your UK 🇬🇧 accets..to the Spanish government...then this is correct if you had been a resident and registered as a Spanish Tax payer's..I am a UK Tax resident i owned 2 property's in  Spain I sold one at break even price ..the solicitor held a 3 % retention  to pay any outstanding  debts that .might turn up for a period of six months..we applied and got our 3% back in full...if I was you I would  apply for your retention...take the money and run.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2022 12:09 PM by andyfamily Star rating in Hertfordshire. 32 posts Send private message

Thank you for the replies.  We are UK resident.  We made a loss.  He is paying out money in our account today.  As far my limited knowledge goes, we should not have to pay Plus valia due to the loss.  We will apply to get the 3% returned ourselves.  Should have been part of the conveyencing service that his firm offers, but he has forgotten about that and is not true to his website.  No surprise there - !

Like 0      
17 Oct 2022 12:43 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps clients should have a retention on lawyer’s fees until a case is fully completed.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Night Vision Binoculars. - 2 posts
7 Important Changes to Long-Term Visas in Spain - 0 posts
No More Wealth Tax in Andalucia From 2023 - 12 posts
Lower Income Tax in Andalucía 2022 - 2 posts
CostsLuz´s clients victories in 2022- Congrats! - 1 posts
gold plating - 3 posts
Off plan purchases and Consumer Law - 0 posts
Greetings to everyone - 0 posts
is hungary in EU - 2 posts
Is it okay to use Sous Vide machine for cooking? - 2 posts
Looking for Ping Pong Balls - 2 posts
Barclaycard, no ATM fees - 0 posts
is Bizum safe - 3 posts
Barclays requesting me to close my uk account - 22 posts
Water supply with Socamex - 1 posts
Short term medical insurance policies in Spain - 4 posts
Adverse possession of Land - 4 posts
Looking for Recliners for Elderly - 4 posts
Help on mortgages and management - 12 posts
Covid Test - 2 posts
Spanish Will for Non Resident property owner - 2 posts
Reputable letting agent for Costa Del Sol (Need a 6 month let) - 5 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Long term Airport parking - 16 posts
Property with planning permission expired (half built) . - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x