Emailing the Agencia Tributaria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2022 3:44 PM by Almonaster Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how to email this department?  I sold my Spanish property over a year ago and they still haven't refunded the remaining 3% of the sum raised.  My solicitor won't hassle them and I don't know anyone who can go and ask in person.  Am currently located in Shetland.

This message was last edited by Almonaster on 7/10/2022.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2022 12:16 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Sorry I cannot answer your question - but are you sure that's the route to go?  This is the solicitors job.

You say ..."My solicitor won't hassle them"...that's absurd!  How long do they reckon you should wait?

I suggest you put the request to your solicitor in writing to let them know very clearly that you're not going away.   Perhaps start with phone calls and emails, of course being easier - but escalate to letters if you don't receive any reply.

Then regularly remind and confirm each of the conversations in writing, noting personnel, dates etc. - always logging the eta they give you of your cash in a non-confrontational manner.

Solicitors have been known to receive the 3% which lingers for a while and then mysteriously disappears.  Some solicitors in Spain are highly professional, others are not - regulation exists in name only.  Too many folk assume they all have UK standards - a big mistake.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2022 12:28 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I sold in May 2021 and the 3% was due t be returned in December. My solictor was quite active and kept chaisng. The first excuse was that the Bank of Spain had rejected the payment as they needed a certificate from my UK/EUro bank that I was the account holder. Sounds crazy but thats what they wanted and the Bank supplied it. The another few months passed, and I happened to arrange a visit back to Spain. After another visit from my solicitor to the Hacienda they eventually paid up in March. As per the earlier reply the your solictor needs to be pushing. Good luck!

Like 0      
11 Jul 2022 3:23 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It is a sad situation and poor example when the Hacienda tries it’s best to avoid its liabilities. This encourages a culture of tax dodging from everyone. Even worse when a lawyer fobs you off in order to pocket your 3%. Unfortunately the laws, regulation and accountability don’t amount to much in Spain. Maybe try using “hojas de reclamaciones”, consumer complaint forms, but don’t hold your breath.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2022 3:59 PM by Almonaster Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone.  Good to hear the different experiences.  My solicitor is crap (and fraudulent) so there's no point wasting my energy on him.  I will try the complaints procedure though, good idea.

Also having a similar experience with the DWP (truly corrupt organisation, so it's not just in Spain) and getting my NI/ work record from Spain.  Ah the joys of bureaucracy.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2022 6:30 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Almonster, there's an expression about "leading a horse to water..." that springs to mind.

Many solicitors in Spain are "crap" - that is the basis of my advice to you.  It is premature to use the “hojas de reclamaciones” route - you hardly have the basis for a complaint - this is the norm in Spain!  Is there anything in writing to base your accusation on?  I doubt if you'll get taken seriously.

You cannot expect a result without at least a little effort. 

You may well lose your complaint - will you label them "crap", "fraudulent", "corrupt" etc too?  I would hate to think that your solicitor will profit from your misguided assessment.  You need to follow the procedure I outlined - including being reasonable and polite to the solicitor.   

What happens if you lose your complaint case?   Will you still expect your solicitor to assist you?  Will you still label them "crap", "fraudulent", "corrupt" etc too?  You may well wave goodbye to your 3%, or have a lot more hassle - which would effectively be self inflicted.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2022 8:52 PM by Almonaster Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Okay, will give it a shot.  

Like 1      
30 Nov 2022 5:28 AM by satinm Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Good to learn about the many perspectives. There is no need in spending my time on my lousy (and 

drift boss

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

None of the others were listening - 0 posts
Inflatables in community pool - 2 posts
Buying cheap property - 2 posts
¡Contrata a un hacker profesional! - 0 posts
CostaLuz won cases so far in 2022 - 0 posts
customs duty on magazines - 6 posts
IBI and Basura - 2 posts
No escritura - 6 posts
ECB rate increase - 2 posts
Linea Directa - 3 posts
Spain Tax office - 5 posts
If you only spend 3 Months in Spain every Year.... Don't Buy....Rent - 21 posts
Going in Madrid for 3 months - 0 posts
2022 Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Expert - 0 posts
NIE question - 2 posts
Crossing the Spanish border from France - Unvaccinated UK resident - 3 posts
Selling house - 0 posts
Traveling by road to UK from Murcia - 0 posts
Solicitor for NLV in England - 3 posts
Costaluz Lawyers Won cases in 2022 - 0 posts
Tenants who won't leave - 2 posts
Uploading photos to EOS - 5 posts
Driving in Spain - 0 posts
Saga of dealing with AEAT and witholding tax refunds living in UK - 0 posts
Insurance claim for Fire in Apartment - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x