Non residents tax being rejected by bank

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Dec 2020 7:26 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

For years our solicitor has done our non resident's tax. A few years back, instead of taking the payments to the bank, they told us the tax notification would be filed online and the tax office would take payment direct from our bank account. The problem is that my Wife is not on the bank account, so the bank will not pay her tax. This is the 2nd year running now and we will be changing our solicitor for future, because he is extracting the urine and won't help. Shame really, as they have been quite helpful over the years. My question is, how do I now pay her last year's tax and this years that has now been refused? I obviously can't get to Spain to talk to my bank (Sabadell) and I can't talk ot my bank as they never have anyone there to answer the phone. I have asked if there is a manual way to pay the bill, but have received no response. We have the forms prepapred and submitted, just no means of it being paid and frusstration is now getting to me.

Thanks

Like 0      
29 Dec 2020 8:40 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Spanishtaxforms.co.uk will complete the non resident tax form for €34.95 and a further €12 they will present the forms for payment.

Not cheap but cheaper than a solicitor (ours used to charge us more than the tax) and they get some good reviews on other sites.

Try contacting them and seeing what they say.

Like 0      
29 Dec 2020 9:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Almost the same as our solicitor charges us, for our 35€ of tax each year!  The idea of the solicitor doing it was to ensure it was done and without fuss, so much for that.

Thanks for the recommendation mariedav, I shall check them out and hopefully get a decent result!

Mark

Like 0      
31 Dec 2020 4:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Sod's law. I managed to get our solicitor to respond as we had already paid their fees. They provided a re- done 210 with bank details and references to use to make manual payment. I did so yesterday using the Starling app. Today? I see the taxes have been paid from the bank, you know, the ones I received messages about saying they wouldn't!!

Así es la vida, as they (may) say in Spain!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Utilities - 1 posts
GREAT NEWS - 0 posts
NEED TO CLOSE SANTANDER ACCOUNT FROM ABROAD - 1 posts
EHIC cards - 21 posts
Feliz navidad - 0 posts
Irish passport - 29 posts
Key holding licence in Spain - 3 posts
Gibraltar/La Linea Border - 1 posts
Residencia, tax returns and not in country 183 days - 6 posts
Organised Mortgage Fraud and Caixabank threatening legal action despite knowing this! - 10 posts
Query re latest Supreme Court ruling on IRPH mortgage clauses and the impact on know of ECJ rulings - 1 posts
Do homemade DVD's work in Spain? - 1 posts
advice needed on builder asking for 50% upfront fee prior to starting work - 13 posts
Alternative to Negative PCR Testing before arriving in Spain by Sea or Air - 0 posts
Registering for healthcare in Spain - 2 posts
Tax redemption form sale of property - 12 posts
Living in Spain after Brexit. What worries you? - 9 posts
End of November Podcast with Maria de Castro - 0 posts
Mojacar Magazine Launch - 0 posts
2 month winter rental in the Canaries? - 2 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers are the best - 19 posts
is flu jab mandatory - 2 posts
Advice for Beginners, retiring in Spain! - 17 posts
NIE following marriage - 8 posts
New Formula to claim in Ocean View Properties developments- Deadline 28th of December - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x