Differing lockdowns in different countries

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2020 7:58 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We don't hear much about how covid is affecting other countries so much these days. Sometimes a brief mention on the news, but not considered newsworthy. Back in March, we were flooded with how bad it was in Spain and Italy, but not so much now. People in the UK complain about the lockdown (I am still travelling for work as an engineer, so it doesn't really have an impact on me), but from what I can see of Spain, they are very severe. Andalucia has gone into further measures tonight, reading the Vera Facebook page, closing from 6pm with the 10pm curfew. The N332 page gives lots of useful information on what is happening in other areas of Spain. 

It seems to me as a bystander that the countries who had more severe lockdowns aren't faring that much better infections wise than the UK. How are you finding it where you are?

Mark

Like 0      
12 Nov 2020 2:49 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Yes, different attitudes and responses.  I'm in an area where there are lots of Northerners who quite strangely have become super sensitive to Brits who've returned to Spain.  A bit neurotic really.  Equally I could suggest we have a wall built in the UK from say Bristol to Watford to stop them travelling south with the bug, but I guess that wouldn't be well received.

It is though high time there was testing at the airports - the suggestion was raised over 6 months ago and is now operational in a few places - why cannot Johnson & Co get their fingures out and do it! 

Perhaps an approach to Carrie Symonds might work?  She seems to be wearing the trousers at their place these days.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non resident taxes software - Form 210 - 7 posts
News papers, magazines or sites online about spanish news & life in english or German or French - 2 posts
UK state pension of 100% NICs (inc. voluntary) and Spanish state pension of 70% NICs? - 1 posts
Any Official Source to Get Postal Codes of Spain? - 0 posts
CGT on selling main home - 3 posts
Spanish resident since August 2020 - 2 posts
Advice appreciated - 2 posts
How to contact Maria de Castro - 7 posts
After Fifteen and a Half Years, Only Three Days to a Final Hearing! - 2 posts
Sold my property - 10 posts
UK DWP LETTER APOSTILLE - 9 posts
selling property - 3 posts
HELP WITH RESIDENCY - 2 posts
Spanish resident since August 2020 - 1 posts
Community Debts - 14 posts
Air Conditioning Meter for Sale. - 0 posts
TIE - 16 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Why Can’t I Use My UK mobile with my Spanish Santander Bank Accout - 6 posts
Shared bank account - 3 posts
Santander 123 Zero Charges - 4 posts
burger king fuengirola - 2 posts
Quarantine Rules in the uk - 4 posts
Gift tax (Andalucia) - 2 posts
IBI tax 2020 - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x