UK DWP LETTER APOSTILLE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Oct 2020 9:38 AM by loramos Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I am trying to get a UK DWP letter apostillised .However allthough it is signed [in Biro] by a Customer advisor and it is Stamped the FCO in Milton Keynes will not apostille it BECAUSE the signature is not in wet ink.The DWP say they letter I have is all that they will send out.Anyone else had this problem, any advice please.

Thanks for all and any advice

Like 0      
14 Oct 2020 10:19 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

You will simply have to go back to DWP and get the letter in the correct format. Send a copy of the FCO rejection letter to DWP. You will never beat the jobsworth system.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2020 11:17 AM by loramos Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Thanks for that .Unfortunately I have tried this 3 times. Apparently they don't use fountain pens................

Like 0      
14 Oct 2020 11:39 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

It sounds absurd. The FCDO (FCO no longer exists, since last month) have a "legalisation office" that oversees apostilles. Why not give them a buzz and ask for a common sense solution?

"Contact the Legalisation Office if you need an update on an application or if you have a general enquiry."

Legalisation Office
legalisationenquiries@fcdo.gov.uk
Telephone: 03700 00 22 44
Monday to Friday, 10am to 4p

Like 0      
14 Oct 2020 12:01 PM by loramos Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I know it is absurd.I have just got off the phone from both the FCO [as it was ] and the international DWP and they both are sticking to their guns

FCO must have a WET INK STAMPED AND AUTHOURISED SIGNATURE

DWP DO NOT USE FOUNTAIN PENS......................

Like 0      
15 Oct 2020 1:01 PM by loramos Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

It gets worse.Just received and email from FCDO who apologised for what's happening BUT blamed the DWP.They,FCDO , emailed the DWP twice and called them three times , to confirm the "biro'd " signature only to be told that they were unable to assist them. Government Inter Department co-operation BAH............

No wonder brexit talks are not progressing 

This message was last edited by loramos on 15/10/2020.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2020 11:07 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

In practical terms no-one in an office has an ink pen these days. It may be better to work with them and send them an ink pen through the post.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2020 2:29 PM by loramos Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Acer , I thought  of that but they would probably have to take a health and safe course before they would be aloud to a) fill it with ink b) taught how to handle a dangerous weapon.

Seriously think I have found a solution.Fingers crossed it works.I will keep you posted

Like 0      
18 Oct 2020 6:42 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

I spoke with my Barrister Cousin in Norfolk this afternoon and she said the Wet Ink Saga was absolute rubbish. The letter can be signed by an Original Biro Pen  but signed  and stamped by an Authorised Official in his Capacity to sign. Letter can not be signed by Customer Advisor, this is  not allowed.

Hope this helps

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 18/10/2020.

Nigel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

selling property - 3 posts
HELP WITH RESIDENCY - 2 posts
Spanish resident since August 2020 - 1 posts
Community Debts - 14 posts
Air Conditioning Meter for Sale. - 0 posts
TIE - 16 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Why Can’t I Use My UK mobile with my Spanish Santander Bank Accout - 6 posts
Shared bank account - 3 posts
Santander 123 Zero Charges - 4 posts
burger king fuengirola - 2 posts
Quarantine Rules in the uk - 4 posts
Gift tax (Andalucia) - 2 posts
IBI tax 2020 - 4 posts
Good House White Wine to buy for casual drinking and dinning - 2 posts
Divorce - 4 posts
Tax withholding without NIE - 5 posts
Deadline for off plan claims IS NOT OCTOBER BUT DECEMBER - 0 posts
Tax cost - 4 posts
la palma island - 2 posts
Is it safe to go to Spain....... - 5 posts
Taking and leaving a car in Spain - 2 posts
Hardwired Burglar Alarm - 3 posts
Sky News has now gone encrypted - 2 posts
Catch Up/On Demand TV programmes - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x