TIE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2020 6:52 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi, Like so many people I am going to apply for TIE. I am stuck on one thing and thats for 790-012. It has to be completed online, printed out and taken to the bank. I cant find this form on the nett and wodered whether anyone can please point me in the right direction.thanks

Like 0      
01 Oct 2020 7:53 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

01 Oct 2020 8:05 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

hi Mariedav, Many thanks. nic

Like 0      
02 Oct 2020 3:51 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If you already have the A4 green permanent residence certificate must you actually need to apply for a TIE or are you perfectly legal with your certificate?

Like 0      
02 Oct 2020 5:38 AM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

hi Kavanagh, Yes I have NIE on  the A4 sheet and residentia with the small green credit card sized doc. 

Those in the know reco applying for TIE before the 31st of December as after that [ brexit ] Spain may well bring new regs into play for us brits. which will entail further financial investigation of our means. The minimum for monthly income and savings are going to increase drastically.

Personally I would reco people looking into this long before the end of December as appointments with various police stations could take some time to come through. It only costs €12.00 and the little paper doc is replaced with a proper plastic card containing our finger print and photo.

Once we have this new residentia card we are exempt from any further financial investigation regarding our means.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2020 6:39 AM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Sorry I should have mentioned that full details of procedure can be obtained from the foreigners dept of your local town hall. The info is called " UK National Residency."

Like 0      
02 Oct 2020 12:41 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Nicbax

I am a bit confused, are you currently a permanent Spanish resident with full legal documentation or are you apply to become a new resident?

As for ‘’Those in the know’’ whoever they maybe, perhaps they have had too many lagers when spreading their knowledge.

I realise the income from changing a perfectly legal residence certificate to a TIE will only be 4,313,652€

Like 0      
02 Oct 2020 4:11 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Kavanagh, I have full residencia. Having done some research I personally think it to be to my advantage to apply for TIE now rather than next year. nic

Like 0      
02 Oct 2020 6:00 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Nicbax, what research?

British Consulate Alicante:-

‘’If you registered as a resident before 6 July 2020, you will have a green A4 certificate or credit card-sized piece of paper from Extranjeria or the police. This is still a valid document and will prove your rights under the Withdrawal Agreement, including after the transition period ends. The green paper residence certificate and the new biometric TIE card will continue to be equally valid in proving your residence status and rights in Spain.’’

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain#visas-and-residency

Like 0      
02 Oct 2020 11:59 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Kavanagh, I am aware of that directive  but  from what I have read I have decided to apply for a TIE. It is a personal choice.nic.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2020 9:57 AM by vynehound Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

We collected out TIE cards last week and then read some have been sent out with wrong information on the bottom . Ours is one of these so check when you collect . I have been in touch with the consulate and they say a large number went out to police stations with this mistake and the Spanish were thinking about what to do. I have to apply for my S1 healthcare card this month and am now thinking maybe they won't issue this because of the mistake on the TIE card . 

Like 0      
05 Oct 2020 4:47 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Vynehound, thanks very much for the warning. nic.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2020 1:27 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

In this week's edition of EWN I am surprised to see an answer in "Legally Speaking" by David Searl which is contrary to any number of posts on various forums, and on advice given by various officials regarding the need (or not) to changing to a TIE. Searl claims that it will be necessary to change to the new TIE before the end of 2020, else non-performers of the change would be considered non resident.
Whilst EWN is not noted as a regular purveyor of totally accurate facts or news items, it seems very strange that such a noted columnist as DS should be unaware of the wealth of opinion contrary to his.
Can we have a definitive answer to this from others of professional calibre.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2020 8:53 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

I have read in the Latest Euro weekly Newspaper that David Searle says it is obligatory to change your N.I.E Card to a T.I.E card by 31/12/2020 That is not true. What I have read is, if your Present N.I.E Card has been encrypted with "Residente comunitario permanente en Espane desde dd/mm/yy " then this card will exist alongside the new T.I.E. Card after 31/12/2020. You maybe required to change it over at some time in the future.

See also link below.

https://www.thelocal.es/20200708/qa-wha ... dency-card

Nigel

Like 0      
09 Oct 2020 11:10 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Slight mix up with terminology there. You can't change your NIE card to a TIE card. You can change your registro card (on the Registry of EU foreign nationals resident in Spain) to a TIE but not the NIE.

The BOE (Official State Bulletin) says you can change if if you want but the registro will remain a vaild document to prove your residency in Spain. 

Like 1      
09 Oct 2020 12:43 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Searl’s claims are his own made up opinion’s to fill his own column with scaremongering. Very irresponsible journalism and a sad reflection on the news industry.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2020 3:51 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi  Marie

Sorry, I got a little mixed up there. I meant to say the "registro card (on the Registry of EU foreign nationals resident in Spain) to   T.I.E.   Card

Apologies

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 09/10/2020.

Nigel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Why Can’t I Use My UK mobile with my Spanish Santander Bank Accout - 6 posts
Shared bank account - 3 posts
Santander 123 Zero Charges - 4 posts
burger king fuengirola - 2 posts
Quarantine Rules in the uk - 4 posts
Gift tax (Andalucia) - 2 posts
IBI tax 2020 - 4 posts
Good House White Wine to buy for casual drinking and dinning - 2 posts
Divorce - 4 posts
Tax withholding without NIE - 5 posts
Deadline for off plan claims IS NOT OCTOBER BUT DECEMBER - 0 posts
Tax cost - 4 posts
la palma island - 2 posts
Is it safe to go to Spain....... - 5 posts
Taking and leaving a car in Spain - 2 posts
Hardwired Burglar Alarm - 3 posts
Sky News has now gone encrypted - 2 posts
Catch Up/On Demand TV programmes - 1 posts
Spain's tough stance on Visa rules & Covid - 4 posts
Looking for a small house, finca, bungalow in the middle of nature. - 0 posts
Resident - 1 posts
Tie information - 8 posts
BBC iPlayer - 2 posts
Padron - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x