Gib. Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Apr 2020 11:21 AM by jimm Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I live in Manilva and have two friends who hopefully will arrive in Gib in May, they are Spanish residents, my question is --how do I get them from the Gib. Airport to Manilva, my neighbour is willing to provide a second car if only one passenger is allowed, I would appreciate some help, please.

Jim Malley

Like 0      
05 Apr 2020 1:00 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Tricky one. Seems the police are interpreting the rules how they want. One couple in the next municipality were stopped and allowed to carry on with one in the front and one in the back on opposite sides. Yet a Dutch couple in our area were fined €600 for doing exactly the same thing. According to them, only allowed for health reasons.

Some of the rules have changed, I believe, but taking friends to or picking them up from the airport was one of the things initially banned. It was recommened to use shuttle buses or taxis. 

If  it's their main home then they can be covered under the clause of returning to their main home. Not sure you'd be covered, though, as it doesn't come under the reasons for going out in your car. We have neighbours (non residents) trying to get back to UK and the person who normally takes them has said that he can't do so at the moment even though their excuse would be returning to their main home in UK. The normal shuttle buses here have stopped operating so they'd need a taxi which has asked them to carry their flight tickets and complete the authorisation to travel certificate before going. 

Perhaps you could phone the local police and ask for advice? Hope you get it sorted and, of course, the rules may possibly change before May.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2020 1:38 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Jim

Nobody knows what the situation and restrictions will be in May. Perhaps best you keep out of it and let them get a taxi or taxis, which would be better than you chancing getting a €600 fine.

Also why are they so desperate to get back from wherever to Spain that may be still in lockdown? These restrictions are a deterrent to stop the movement of people in order to save life’s.

Of course if your friends are Spanish Doctors then surely the authorities should provide assistance.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2020 1:59 PM by jimm Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for all your help.

J. Malley

Like 0      
07 Apr 2020 9:35 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

I was wondering what happened to the four people who wanted to travel to Gib airport and were told they'd need four cars...and asked would they be able to return to their accomodation if flight cancelled. The post was around a week or so ago but the entire thread has disappeared....as if it never happened.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2020 10:11 AM by jimm Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thankyou, very interesting.

Jim

Like 0      
07 Apr 2020 3:49 PM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

I did'nt get an answer from anyone on here but in the end they had to  use 2 nine seater taxis so as they were well seperated. Luckly the flight went ahead and they are home now. From heathrow they had to hire/rent 2 cars to get home as they live along way from there.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2020 4:11 PM by jimm Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thankyou all, very, very much.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2020 5:02 AM by curtis4VB Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Kavanagh, you know, if you are still interested in flying to Europe or any other country, I can recommend this online service ( here url: https://airbusinessclass.com/popular-destinations/europe ), cause it's always reliable and can order you airline tickets in few clicks, and they should be cheaper than in other services.

This message was last edited by curtis4VB on 21/04/2020.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2020 7:25 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

That’s great Curtis, you are the man, but what has your post got to do with the OPs original post?laugh

Like 0      
12 May 2023 11:29 AM by DanjumaTela Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by DanjumaTela on 5/12/2023.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/13/2023 11:12:00 AM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

post from uk - 2 posts
Ground floor damp - 17 posts
211 Form - 5 posts
Panic Buying - 10 posts
Any legal questions related to Coronavirus situation in Spain? - 84 posts
What must you put in a furnished apartment? - 15 posts
New Landlord - 1 posts
Blue Badge - 5 posts
Escritura. Copia simple - 6 posts
Pension Advice - 11 posts
True immigration control in Spain - 17 posts
Home Insurance - 11 posts
Euroclear - 2 posts
Deposit to estate agent. - 63 posts
Roof repairs - 12 posts
Moving UK -> Spain. Costs / paperwork - 2 posts
Changing from Apart Hotel Permission to Residential - 3 posts
Gas bottle regulations - 4 posts
Winter rental - 7 posts
Plusvalia tax help by selling agent???? Help please - 10 posts
Car insurance for Spanish registered cars - 6 posts
IRPH outcome - 0 posts
Hi - 1 posts
Location advise please - 23 posts
Rats - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x