Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2020 9:08 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 1/12/2020 11:03:00 AM.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2020 10:32 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Angeleyes

Please stop your inciteful personalising posts that compromise attempts to gain greater clarity, justice and understanding of highly complex aspects to the whole scenario of Bank Guarantee law. Your posting is not helpful and is an unnecessary mischievous attempt to undermine.

This message was last edited by ads on 12/01/2020.

Like 1      
12 Jan 2020 12:46 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 1/12/2020 3:23:00 PM.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2020 3:11 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Angeleyes, how about not sticking your nose in where it's not wanted? You add absolutely zero value to the discussion. If you have a chip on your shoulder, go and see a psychotherapist. And stop souring our milk with your bitterness.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2020 1:47 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria,

where you previosly posted

"We are bringing appeals to European and Constitutional levels. We do believe this narowing of the scope of Bank´s liabilities is very much against the nature, principles and interpretation of Law 57/68.

and 

"I have actually offered our continued updated Case Law research to all lawyers involved in this fight. As lineral professionals, this type of commun endeavours are not too frequent, at least in  Spain. Most likely to be carried out by Consumers Associations,  I will be sending some notes to the most prominent ones in the New Year.

Do you have any updates associated with all your endeavours in this regard? Could you please keep posting of progress ( or otherwise!) 

It would no doubt act as reassuarance if good law firms could pursue this type of " common endeavour" to the benefit of all those still striving for justice. 
Many thanks.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2020 2:06 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I offered this to many of the involved law firms. No answer. Just one of them recently ask for some guidance on a particular matter and we are in contact

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Jan 2020 5:28 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

So sad but equally disconcerting Maria.

Have you had any response from the Bar Associations or any other relevant authorities?

Do the other law firms not recognise the serious implications from these SC rulings and how they undermine supportive doctrine that has taken YEARS to achieve?

Do they not recognise a justice system at risk of being undermined by powerful financial institutions if these recent SC rulings remain unchallenged?

Do they recognise the potential for distrust in so much as they could be perceived as failing in their due diligence to ensure by all means at their disposal ( far better to speak as one voice in this regard), that this surveillance and safeguarding mechanism within Ley 57/68 intended to protect FROM THE OUTSET,  is protected from being undermined in this way?

This hardly inspires confidence in those law firms who appear dismissive of such well intended proactive endeavours, or perhaps I have misunderstood?.

Are you still hoping to bring this to the attention of the EU or is this in reality dependant on wider support from within the Spanish legal fraternity?

Do these SC rulings in any way threaten the rule of law in so much as they could be perceived as being unreasonable to the extent that judicial independence free of interference is being compromised here?

This message was last edited by ads on 24/01/2020.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2020 2:16 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Ads:

Yes, we are soon filing Appeals in Europe on this matter.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Jan 2020 5:44 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Is the Spanish Bar Association made up of mainly Spanish law firm principles?

Like 0      
28 Jan 2020 6:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
06 Jul 2022 2:27 PM by deeleys Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

Did you get anywhere with the appeals in Europe?  We've just lost our case because "the payments were not sufficiently accredited due to the existence of an intermediary".  Our solicitor is looking to see if there are any possibilities of an appeal.

Thanks

Like 0      
06 Jul 2022 3:21 PM by jerryb Star rating in UK. 21 posts Send private message

Hi Deeleys,

I think in short, the answer to your question is no. I am unable to offer you a full explanation, perhaps Maria might. Out of their jurisdiction or some such reason. I was pinning my hopes on that!

Like 0      
06 Jul 2022 3:36 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Hi Deeleys,

Who are the Bank implying is the " intermediary" in your case?

Like 0      
07 Jul 2022 3:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Both the Constitutional Court in Spain and the European Court of Human Rights did not admitt the Appeals. Very frustrating indeed!

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Jul 2022 7:11 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Protectionist of the Banks? ☹️

What form of intermediaries are these referring to Maria? It's difficult to assess the meaning...

Like 0      
07 Jul 2022 7:49 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Those intermediaries that Supreme Court Case Law are considering as obstacles for the Bank to get to know that the payments were off plan payments, even when the Bank account was a developer´s bank account! are estate agents or lawyers.

Very twisted interpretation. Unbelievable.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 7/7/2022.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Jul 2022 12:55 AM by deeleys Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi Ads

As Maria said, I think it was because our original lawyer paid half of the deposit to one bank and then we paid the other half in promissiary notes to another bank.  We were going to have a subrogated mortgage from the developers bank loan, so they definately knew we where buying a property.  We weren't given a bankers guarantee either.  Its all been a bit of a farce really.  There is also a criminal case against the developer, which has been ongoing for 12 years.  The court in Granada didnt even know one of the developer's had passed away, so had to adjourn the case two years ago.  I dont hold any hope for that case either.

I don't hold any hope for the money paid by the original lawyer, but surely the money paid by me in promissiory notes should be paid back.  I will see what my lawyer says about an appeal.  

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts
Extraordinary Quotas for Future Expenses for Spanish Communities - 8 posts
Car Parking at Malaga Airport - 14 posts
Low level crime and regulation - 3 posts
Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded - 2 posts
Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 57

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x