Starling Bank Euro Account

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2021 10:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

So that'll be the TW Multi Currency account? Looks interesting. I never got around to changing my direct debits to Starling luckily. I see the TW account can also receive Euros, so I think it may be possible to still send the account Euros from Xe.com as all my calculations still make them cheaper than the others, then have the Spanish bills paid from that, or am I being a bit too simplistic?

Like 0      
11 Feb 2021 10:55 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Well I just did a quick check on sendng £1000 and XE delivered 1124.70 and Transferwise 1,134.62, so just puzzled why you would use XE in the first place???

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 11/02/2021.

Like 1      
12 Feb 2021 10:22 AM by free_bee Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

@Marksfish

No, I don't think that you're being too simplistic.

Whether it's better to send Euros to TW, or to send GBP and let TW do the conversion, is another question. I'll probably do the latter because there's a bit less work involved.

Obviously, I would prefer to continue paying the direct debits from Starling. To that end, I'm still pursuing the utility companies and the ayuntamiento to make the necessary system changes for that to happen.

With some help from me, the management company that handles the affairs of my Comunidad de Propietarios has successfully updated its system, so I know that it is still possible for Spanish creditors to take payments from a UK bank account by SEPA direct debit.

Poco a poco ...

Like 1      
12 Feb 2021 6:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Juan: Because when I checked last night I was getting better value for money from Xe that TW was offering.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2022 5:06 PM by Trintadant Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Wow, why such a difference in conversion between XE and TW? I never tried to transfer money through XE, simply because when I moved, my colleagues immediately advised Transferwise. I decided not to try anything new, and it seems I did everything right. But it becomes unpleasant when I imagine how much money I could lose on XE if I transferred money received from stock trading there. There was no information on youngandthrifty.ca about these money transfer platforms. What is wrong with Xe.com, why does such a difference exist?

This message was last edited by Trintadant on 8/18/2022.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts
12 years after deposit paid.... - 6 posts
Full Deposit Plus Fees Refunded - 16 posts
Community fees - 5 posts
having a tow bar fitted - 1 posts
Advice Please - Re-Rgeistering my GB car from Spanish plates back to UK - 5 posts
Contracting for overseas employer as Autonomo - 2 posts
"Bosque verde" toilet products. - 9 posts
Caravan towing - 5 posts
AMBULATORIA ESTEPONA DISCRIMINATION - 4 posts
Fuengirola - 2 posts
SPANISH LESSONS MOJACAR - 2 posts
iPad battery - 1 posts
Hi from an Owner in Tenerife - 13 posts
Yearly Tax on Form 210 for non-residents - 1 posts
Helpline in English for Santander es? - 20 posts
Business Non_Profit Cheque Account closed at Solbank in 2019 - 3 posts
Tamara Essex - 0 posts
WEATHER MOJACAR PLAYA - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 67

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x