AIB Technical - a WARNING!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Tristan_and_Karen Star rating in Worcester Park and D.... 10 posts Send private message

Hi,

We're new to this site but we just wanted to share a bad experience we have had with AIB Technical so that others don't suffer the same poor level of service that we have received.

We purchased our property through Atlas International.  Through the process they pointed us in the direction of AIB Technical for extras.  We obliged and ordered pre-installation of air conditioning, a shower screen and a safe to be installed in the floor of our bedroom wardrobe.  We were over charged for the first as it was not explained to us what we needed, instead they just tried to get as much money from us as possible by pre-installing it in every room possible!  The shower screen was okay but is a little small.  But the BIG problem has been with the safe.

Ever since the safe was fitted is has not been working correctly.  We completed on our property at the end of April and to date we are still awaiting for them to come and fix it properly.  Currently the safe door opens and closes but the locks (the key part!) do not line up with the holes so the bolts won't lock.  Therefore, the safe has been useless to us.

We have contacted AIB Technical on numerous occassions to get this problem resolved.  They have sent a technician to our property three times to fix this problem but each time the technician does nothing but report back to AIB Technical that there is no problem.  We even removed the front door one time to see what they did and... yes, you guessed it... they simply put the front door back on and said it was fixed.

Upon four months passing and the problem still not being fixed I visited their offices once again and this time was dealt with by Gary.  We talked about the problem and between us agreed that the only way to fix this once and for all would be to remove the front door and replace it with a new one.  This was what was supposed to have happened but it did not.  Once again the technician just went to the property, did nothing and said it was fixed.  And yes you guessed it, it is still not working.

This has been a very frustrating experience.  To add to it, we were unfortunately burgled one day whilst we were in our apartment.  We had all the important things stolen - passports, wallets, mobile phones and many other things.  Had the safe been working, all these items would have been in the safe!!  We were not being naive by leaving doors wide open - we live in an upstairs apartment in a San Vicente III home.  We had closed our patio door but not locked it because we were running up and down have a bbq on our roof.  We had been careful to keep our belongings out of site but someone jumped over our balcony, entered our apartment whilst we were on our roof and then went into our bedroom and went through our draws!

We are still trying to get AIB Technical to fix the safe but have grown so frustrated at their lack of professional courtesy that we are now in contact with our Spanish lawyers to see what legal action we can take against AIB Technical.

If anyone knows what we could do we would be grateful to hear from you.  Similarly, if you have had a similar experience it would be interesting to hear from you!

So, if you read this and think that we had a bad experience, please remember that this was due to AIB Technical.  Had a safe been fitted properly in the first place or fixed upon one of the many times we asked, we would not be sitting at home following our really bad experience filling out insurance claim forms!

Please avoid AIB Technical!

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 3:04 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

So we'll look elsewhere for our safe then?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 3:36 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Tristan and Karen, no we never used AIB Technical we did get a letter asking if we wanted to use them for anything. But we did not use them as we had a safe installed with the apartment  just as well by the sounds of it, that must have been a nightmare.   Well good luck with your insurance claim.   Regards Pat  

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 3:42 PM by Tristan_and_Karen Star rating in Worcester Park and D.... 10 posts Send private message

Thanks! Wish we had avoided them too now especially as we seem to have come across a lot of shops selling safes that probably would have been easier to buy and install ourselves! Just frustrating that through other people's incompetence, we are the ones that are suffering!

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 4:07 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar
AIB Technical were also responsible for a list of cock ups on my property i have had the misfortune to be lied to by Gary from AIB I only wish the fleas of a thousand camels infest is lying A*** Hole

Forgotten stairs to an Underbuild, wrong colour of property, failure to pre install air conditioning

I notice Iberian Atlas' sister company no longer use them. So what does that say!

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 5:36 PM by phildelspan Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

I can only endorse what you have said about AIB Technical recommended by Atlas,arranged and paid in full for extras 8 weeks in advance emailed that all work had been carried successfully but when arrived for only half work done and only excuses about sickness and August being a busy month was my answer.Gary was also my contact! oh dear!

In future I will do what I do in UK hold back 25% of balance until work done to my satifaction.

Also Arca Furniture ( Atlas) similair problems be warned! STILL waiting for correct furniture 12 weeks ago!

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 5:48 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Arca, AIB aren't they all ATLAS INTERNATIONAL like IBERIAN, Resale Espana, Aroca Seiquer lawyers. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 10:41 AM by tboneted Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

hi tristan and karen

im a locksmith/safe engineer  by trade so contact me directly and i will tell you what the problem is with your safe.

balbylocks.co.uk

keith

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 9:21 PM by Tristan_and_Karen Star rating in Worcester Park and D.... 10 posts Send private message

Thanks Keith, we'll definately be in touch if those useless people have not solved the problem.

And to lam1963 - you may be pleased to hear that Gary has broken his leg in a couple of places.  If you believe in Karma...?!

I actually can't believe all the replies!  So many bad experiences from a big group of companies.  I guess they would have to be in bed with each other otherwise no one would use any of them.

Anyway, I hope everyone gets their problems resolved.  This is a bad experience that no one deserves!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Forums - 75 posts
Iberian international - 9 posts
Roofing - 4 posts
Cheque made out to me in sterling can i put it in my spanish account - 1 posts
Frank & Veronica - 2 posts
janacky - 2 posts
R12 Developers in Cox - 0 posts
Fee free banking - 4 posts
Cox Developement sierra del sol - 4 posts
new to site need advice on furniture for propery please - 0 posts
Polaris World - Los Naranjos de Alhama - 2 posts
Visit La Medina de Banus - 4 posts
Looking for good sales/rental agent - 8 posts
Anyone know the address for the Policia Nacional in Gandia - 1 posts
Help - Broadband - 2 posts
Recommendations as to the best way to finance a property in Spain - 3 posts
PC gone to far again - The Red Arrows ?? - 14 posts
LHD UK registered Opel Vectra for sale in CB North £1,250 - 1 posts
Transferring a german plated car to spanish plates - 0 posts
The "new" flightchecker from Martin's tips - 1 posts
Telephone (anytime in the next 10 years) - 1 posts
HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND EOS!!!!!! - 24 posts
LOOKING FOR RENOVATION PROJECT - 2 posts
Air conditioning service contract - 4 posts
Hello - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x