Recommendations as to the best way to finance a property in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

We have just made an offer on a Spanish propery which has been accepted . Which is the best way and cheapest way to finance it  - remoregage our present home ,   a Spanish mortgage  or what ?     Any recommendations are welcomed . You folks have had lots of experience on this and must know the best deals.    There is no present mortgage on the property unfortunately as we have been told this would have been a great possibity. 

Also who/ what are the best people/ companies for currency exchange?

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 2:07 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Tamsin - you need to speak to a professional broker. Smiley (aka Patrick) is a forum member and can advise on both the UK and Spanish products - email him on patrick@marbellamortgages.com or pm me and I can give you his mobile number.

If you look at the mortgages section below on the forum you will see others who recommend him as well.

Congratulations on your purchase - where have you bought?

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 4:43 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Duquesa Regent .

We spent a lot of our holiday just looking at property.   We originally bought off plan for Arenal Duquesa - well that is another story but decided although they are in a good position they are too expensive and too small.    DR rooms are really large and spacious. 

Thanks for the information - really helpful , but as you can imagine once you put feelers out the companies  are queuing up with advice etc.

It is a good time to buy property but not a good time for the Euro . We have been waiting so long , if we wait any longer or wait until the time is right on all fronts I won't  get up that hill.  

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 10:24 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes thats the problem with waiting - I moved here over 12 years ago and rented, missed the boat with prices and only just recently bought. The main problem was nothing seemed as good as the place we were renting so nothing seemed to compare well

Finally for my sins I got a place, more frustration from paying out dead money and it seems to have worked out ok.

Im sure you have been innundated with info re finance, but many of these companies just watch these sites and target people asking for info - they are not necessarily recommended by or post on EOS

Get a few quotes before you decide and good luck with it - I know Duquesa reasonably well, you will like it there and there are quite a few members of EOS thre as well - perhaps there will be another meet when you are over!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PC gone to far again - The Red Arrows ?? - 14 posts
LHD UK registered Opel Vectra for sale in CB North £1,250 - 1 posts
Transferring a german plated car to spanish plates - 0 posts
The "new" flightchecker from Martin's tips - 1 posts
Telephone (anytime in the next 10 years) - 1 posts
HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND EOS!!!!!! - 24 posts
LOOKING FOR RENOVATION PROJECT - 2 posts
Air conditioning service contract - 4 posts
Hello - 3 posts
New to Forum - 4 posts
British estate agents - 23 posts
Richgirl - 2 posts
Malaga airport "improvements" - 15 posts
english surveying practice - 0 posts
Valuations - 0 posts
Window Tints - 19 posts
miss sold a marina dor apartment - 21 posts
Save a Street Child in Nepal for Just 1,50€ per Day!!!!!!!!!!!! - 0 posts
Offering my recommendations. - 2 posts
Property Management in Sucina. - 5 posts
Congratulations to Gina & her husband on the occasion of their Silver Wedding - 3 posts
directions from murcia airport please - 1 posts
news on block 7 - 3 posts
Feedback from Mar Azul??? - 0 posts
Home Insurance - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x