Iberian international

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by paulandsian Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Am currently in the process of buying a property through Iberian international,but am having a lot of problems with them anyone have any good or bad stories about this company and in the worst case scenario how to get my deposit back.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 12:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
If you do a search on Iberian you will see lots of posts regarding this company.  I beleive it is a part of the Atlas chain with whom others (not all) have had problems.  Also search the site for details on how to get deposits back which, I'm afraid, tends to take a long time with this company.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 2:27 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Paul and Sian,  Their is a thread about about Agents if that helps at all.  I can only speak as I find,  ourselves and another couple on our complex used Iberian and they were very good.     But their is a few people I have met that have used Atlas which is the sister company have not been happy at all.   But saying that if I was doing it all again I would probably go through a smaller agent after what I have read on these threads. About getting your deposit back I do not know how long that will take, did you get a cooling of period?  Do you not like where you have bought or just changed your mind?  I know it is very daunting at first.      Their will be others on here that will be able to help you.  Take care Pat   

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 1:57 PM by buyer2 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I would like to say that Iberian are competitors of Atlas International, they are not run by the same person, they do not do business as one company.

I have recently bought through Atlas and found them to be the best company out there. You may want to take into account what people say on forums, but bear in mind it is usually those who have had propblems that post as a way of venting their frustration, it is very rare that people who have had the best experience will post in public forums, they generally write directly to the company. . . . . .

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 3:48 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I would have thought that unless one has experienced several companies, one would not necessarily be in a position to say which one is 'best'.

Also as this is your virgin posting, one may be of the impression one has a vested interest in promoting said agency!

Not a cynic, really!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 3:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi ALL,

I would ask all the people that bought TU property through Atlas and are experiencing a living hell because of them!

They might beg to differ that they are "the best out there"!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 6:41 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

I think that it is well known that Atlas and Iberian are related in some way

But whilst I am confident, like many others, that a smaller more personal agent is the best for 'Life style ' buyers you have to accept that there have been many buyers who have had a good deal and service!!

Might sound silly to some but!!!!...............you do not build up a large company [ and sales] without providing a service to ' quite a lot of people'

The smaller professional agents are the best [ same as UK] but not for everyone

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 7:38 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar
I have had problems with Iberian and have said what i think with regard to my purchase which has been a nightmare and still ongoing the main problem that i have had is with AIB Technical who Iberian have now dropped (AIB owned by Atlas)

Jon Parker and his department at Iberian have helped so i hope the rest of Iberian can  learn from him

I would not have bought from Iberian if i would have known what i know now but feel i will give credit where it is due

This credit is not down to a director of Iberian with the surname of Sawyer who i personally feel could do with some of the skills some of his staff possess.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2007 1:50 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Brian,

I can only speak for myself and I'm sure Rixxy will have something to say on this, is that the smaller girls and guys are little fishes in a big pond.  One of the major reason they -big boys have lots of clients is because they have huge marketing budgets, derived from their fees.  Personally I prefer to be small and give good customer service don't have a high staff turnover and get referals from happy clients and can sleep at night.

Sorry had to get that off my chest

SJ

Like 0      
16 Oct 2007 12:44 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Absolutely agree, and also I know myself its not easy to expand in Spain. The costomer service skills do come from the person themselves and to be honest after dealing with several staff, its rare to find someone who cares as much as you do as the owner. The answer is therefore to stay small in the knowledge its done correctly.

Otherwise expand at your peril!

Of course this doesnt take into consideration the dross that think they can make loads of money whilst doing nothing!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Roofing - 4 posts
Cheque made out to me in sterling can i put it in my spanish account - 1 posts
Frank & Veronica - 2 posts
janacky - 2 posts
R12 Developers in Cox - 0 posts
Fee free banking - 4 posts
Cox Developement sierra del sol - 4 posts
new to site need advice on furniture for propery please - 0 posts
Polaris World - Los Naranjos de Alhama - 2 posts
Visit La Medina de Banus - 4 posts
Looking for good sales/rental agent - 8 posts
Anyone know the address for the Policia Nacional in Gandia - 1 posts
Help - Broadband - 2 posts
Recommendations as to the best way to finance a property in Spain - 3 posts
PC gone to far again - The Red Arrows ?? - 14 posts
LHD UK registered Opel Vectra for sale in CB North £1,250 - 1 posts
Transferring a german plated car to spanish plates - 0 posts
The "new" flightchecker from Martin's tips - 1 posts
Telephone (anytime in the next 10 years) - 1 posts
HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND EOS!!!!!! - 24 posts
LOOKING FOR RENOVATION PROJECT - 2 posts
Air conditioning service contract - 4 posts
Hello - 3 posts
New to Forum - 4 posts
British estate agents - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x