Firstone.tv shut down

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Mar 2019 7:40 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

So another option for viewing UK TV in Spain for no fee is now no longer existent I have been using Firstone.tv for a while on my jaunts to keep up. Logging on today just says:

Goodbye.

FirstOne TV has discontinued his service.

Oh well sad

Like 0      
29 Mar 2019 8:46 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If it's android box you are using.. Then download the mobdro app..enjoy.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2019 9:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Don't have an Android box, just used to use it direct from the laptop. Thanks anyway yes

Like 0      
29 Mar 2019 10:02 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I think you will have to accept these free illegal TV internet broadcasters from Vietnam will come and go. There are free viewing systems available like Sky etc but you will have to put your hand in your pocket to set them up. As in most things in life you get what you pay for, so no ‘’Bargain Hunt’’ this week, but on the good side no BREXIT.smiley

Like 1      
30 Mar 2019 2:31 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You can also put mobdro and showbox on a laptop.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 10:27 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

There are free viewing systems available like Sky etc but you will have to put your hand in your pocket to set them up.

Not in Andalucia there isn't. We did have Sky until the footprint changed. Still get Forces TV though, so plenty of UFO, Space 1999, I dream of Jeannie and Hogan's Heroes smiley.  If I was living there, I would use some of the options that are available to residents, but it isn't worth it for the infrequent visits I now make. I have even had the interweb disconnected, so streaming wasn't an option really anyway (unless I got my Neighbours fix at the bar wink). I shall just carry on listening to Mr Moyles on RadioX through the Sky box, although that doesn't help me at 9pm on a winter's night when all the local hostelries are closed.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 11:20 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Interesting. I have heard rumours that Sky will no longer be available in Spain once BREXIT concludes (if ever). They are reducing footprint to UK only and blocking overseas internet.

I thought the story was a wind up, but maybe not. Could be back to DVDs at the car boot.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 1:50 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The footprint was reduced several years ago shen the new satellite was launched. You can still get it I believe, but need something like a 3m dish!!  A selection of free channels are available as they are not Sky content and not all on the new Astra satellite. That said, many more seem to have moved over recently the CBS channels, Sony TV and a few others. Last June when out, there were about 10 UK channels still receivable. Of course, there are many other channels still available, if you like religious channels/ music, local UK programming (Leeds TV for example), about Africa, Al Jazeera, Bloomberg, music channels, shopping channels, etc. Lots of radio stations too.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 3:51 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Windtaker - has Mobdro improved?  It was very heavy going when I used it.  Sometimes took ages to find a programme or film that was listed, that actually functioned.  I opted to pay a fee.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 8:17 PM by theskyman Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hi

Sky via satellite  is still available in southern spain,

Uk tv is also still available via satellite on intelsat 907 for a one off payment.

Also available via intenet.. 

Like 0      
30 Mar 2019 9:35 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Live in the Lorca valley. Have a small dish..Not sure if it’s 1.3 or .1.6 and no extra enhancing boxes...and can receive all UK channels. 

When the signal first changed we did lose everything but now it is back. Especially good quality of vision and sound September - April. During  May - August the picture can pixilate..really depends on the weather.

Sometimes it is via 101 + channels sometimes 954+ channels and sometimes via 203-205 ( currently watching Formula 1 qualifying on 204) or 116 - 120.  

There are many other channels as well. . One just has to investigate. 

Like 0      
31 Mar 2019 4:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We are just down from you near Mojacar. No main stream signal from the dish we used to use (can't remember the size as it is a community one).

Like 0      
31 Mar 2019 5:30 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

All this BREXIT stuff and loss of Sky signal in Spain has been brought about by the Skegness caravan club.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Patronising "No Reply" email - 153 posts
UK Registered Car - 18 posts
Contingency Decree for Hard Brexit - 4 posts
New Mortgage Act in Spain - 0 posts
New Royal Decree on Housing Rental - 0 posts
Anyone in Illora, Granada - 1 posts
Resin sun loungers - 2 posts
Buying apartment - Fees - 48 posts
Manchester House Buyers - 1 posts
Ammex Administrators - Sabinillas - 3 posts
Northerners - 7 posts
WH Smith Corvera Airport Rip Off Water - 10 posts
Introduction - 1 posts
Tax and Residency - Staying in Spain between 3 months and 6 months a year - 6 posts
mobility scooter - 14 posts
Brexit effect - 102 posts
Exchange Spanish LHD car for UK rhd car - 7 posts
Firefly/Do You Spain extra charge for 75+ drivers - 10 posts
Suitability of Location for Air Con Units - 3 posts
Spain post Brexit for British residents. - 68 posts
Buying a rural property in the Malaga region - 22 posts
Campo delivery of water - 5 posts
Funds seized by La Caixa for alleged tax avoidance...next steps? - 3 posts
Are the days of Freeloaders limited in Spain? - 44 posts
Reassurance needed - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x