Patronising "No Reply" email

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2019 1:07 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"The EU is the latest stage in a process of European integration begun after World War II, initially by six Western European countries, to promote peace, security, and economic development.....The EU is largely viewed as a cornerstone of European stability and prosperity."

"Successive U.S. Administrations....have supported the European integration project since its inception, viewing it as crucial to European peace and security and as a way to foster strong U.S. allies and trading partners."

(same source as previous post)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Apr 2019 8:53 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Indeed Roberto but this report analyses the many ongoing concerns and the issues identified relating to pressures on infrastructure welfare housing etc are NOT just the preserve of the UK as Mickeyfinn suggested. Likewise concerns and impacts re EU’s management of migration flows is highlighted which should not be overlooked or underestimated.....”the influxes continue to have SIGNIFICANT political and societal ramifications for the EU”

All the more reason for careful consideration and attention to have been paid to realistic timeframes which the UK were seeking and which were not taken seriously enough by the EU Commission.

This message was last edited by ads on 09/04/2019.

This message was last edited by ads on 09/04/2019.

Like 1      
10 Apr 2019 11:53 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

The influx of EU nationals to Spain does not seem to cause the country such social problems as the UK.

Now why would that be I wonder? About 293,500 British citizens live in Spain, the largest British population in any EU country, according to the UK's Office for National Statistics. Some 174,000 Spanish nationals live in the UK. About 1.3 million Brits live in the EU as a whole. According to UN statistics as of 2018, there were over 5,947,106 foreign-born people living in Spain, 12.8% of the total population. Certainly more than the estimated 3 million EU citizens living in the UK in 2016. Much less by now I'm sure.

I don't see any evidence this causes social disharmony in the country the way it has done in Britain. Could this be that the Spanish authorities have anticipated the problem and provided more infrastructure to deal with it? Or is it that Spanish people are simply more tolerant than Brits? Accept migration is part of globalism and believe multi-culturalism is of real benefit to their nation. A positive not a negative.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 10/04/2019.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2019 1:26 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

The reason businesses use a noreply email address is to avoid receiving any responses from customers. The goal is, presumably, to save time and mitigate the number of people who respond by forcing recipients to look their contact information or fill out a form if you have a question.

Noreply emails are not subject to BREXIT or immigration as far as I am aware.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2019 6:05 PM by tonyl Star rating in Bristol and Águilas,.... 7 posts Send private message

MickeyFinn, I think part of the reason immigration doesn't cause as many problems in Spain as in the UK, is that the population density of Spain is about one third of that of the UK. The UK is already very overcrowded, and there isn't enough room for the people already there, let alone more. I love driving in Spain because the roads are so empty and traffic-free. By contrast, when I drove from Bristol to Yorkshire last year, it was bumper-to-bumper practically all the way, and I rarely managed to reach 70. It's all very well saying build more houses, schools, hospitals and roads, but that takes up land we need to grow food on. We can't just keep growing - at some point (and personally, I think we're already past it) we need to stop. The UK population growth rate is 0.59% p.a., whereas in Spain, it's -0.19% p.a. That may also explain why the Spanish don't see immigration as too much of a problem.

Like 1      
10 Apr 2019 7:10 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Thanks tonyl yes I agree that's a very valid point. Population density is usually confined to cities and in Spain there are vast areas of open unpopulated space. It's one of the reasons I'm attracted to living in Spain. If food growing land is used for population spread the UK dependency on Europe for food will only increase. Another reason Brexit makes little sense. Modern states are dependent on each other for so many things. It's just a factor of human progress.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2019 7:49 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Sorry miss post. I thought subject was noreply emails.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 10/04/2019.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2019 11:09 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Human progress that many don’t want if it means ruining what we love about our country. Too high a price to pay for some.

Hopefully a better balance will come from all of this. 

Like 0      
11 Apr 2019 10:34 AM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

No reply emails are a part of human progress. Some people don’t want no reply emails or any progress, they prefer the days of the tin bath and outside toilets. We all need to learn to move on.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2019 11:05 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

So the can is kicked down the road once again. Perhaps the future is a permanent state of extension for the UK on an annual basis. That satisfies both remainers and leavers alike. Leavers can believe the country might exit and remainers likewise can persuade themselves the UK is staying. Like an ever revolving door or constantly receiving no reply e mails.wink

Perfect solution.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2019 12:17 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It just seems to go on and on until you are absolutely sick of hearing about it over and over again. It’s all the same garbage being repeated. We are being tortured by media news. It is now only of interest to those who are totally bored with nothing else worthwhile in their lives. This thread has nothing to do with BREXIT.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2019 6:44 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

You're right Kavanagh, this thread was only indirectly connected with Brexit.

It was started as I was incensed by the patronising style of the email I received - spouting the reasons for their idiotic stance which were purely repetition of that from Mrs May.  Clearly she reckons that if she can wear folk down if she carries on long enough.  Making the email "no reply" was their ploy to give their view without having to hear the alternatives, hardly democratic.

Some people admire her tenacity.  I wonder how on earth she got to be PM.  She is donkey-like in her stubborn, blinkered, slow, stumbling manner, with an equal amount of charisma.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK Registered Car - 18 posts
Contingency Decree for Hard Brexit - 4 posts
New Mortgage Act in Spain - 0 posts
New Royal Decree on Housing Rental - 0 posts
Anyone in Illora, Granada - 1 posts
Resin sun loungers - 2 posts
Buying apartment - Fees - 48 posts
Manchester House Buyers - 1 posts
Ammex Administrators - Sabinillas - 3 posts
Northerners - 7 posts
WH Smith Corvera Airport Rip Off Water - 10 posts
Introduction - 1 posts
Tax and Residency - Staying in Spain between 3 months and 6 months a year - 6 posts
mobility scooter - 14 posts
Brexit effect - 102 posts
Exchange Spanish LHD car for UK rhd car - 7 posts
Firefly/Do You Spain extra charge for 75+ drivers - 10 posts
Suitability of Location for Air Con Units - 3 posts
Spain post Brexit for British residents. - 68 posts
Buying a rural property in the Malaga region - 22 posts
Campo delivery of water - 5 posts
Funds seized by La Caixa for alleged tax avoidance...next steps? - 3 posts
Are the days of Freeloaders limited in Spain? - 44 posts
Reassurance needed - 21 posts
Comfort in numbers. - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 154

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x