Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jan 2019 2:57 PM by Ph68 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Don't worry about him acer, he's a nugget

Like 1      
09 Jan 2019 4:49 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Hello ph68,

I'm unfamiliar with the term "nugget" So I googled this and apparently this may be "urban slang" with the following different options:  I think I'll "ask the audience" to decide which is the most appropriate.  Init.

A) A lump of fried chicken in which the entire KFC franchise is based around

B) A bag of quality marijuana

C) The result of a school prank, in which the victim is distracted, everything is removed from their schoolbag, the schoolbag itself is flipped inside-out, everything is put back in, and the resulting "nugget" is left for the victim to find and de-nugget

D) Parental slang for "idiot"

E) Spontaneous nickname for a child who is excessively cute, funny, innocent-looking, etc.

F) Slang for any large sexual part on a girl's body

G) A small lump of something precious, often gold or fried chicken. Duh

H) A word with multiple definitions of the Urban Dictionary, in which this defintion has been compiled from all the other definitions by a sad guy with nothing better to do with his time.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2019 12:38 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Some answers to this post in bold blue below:

Have received a pretty threatening letter from a UK law firm acting for Sabadell, basically giving us 2 weeks to repay 85k euros shortfall on a mortgaged property that we handed the keys back to in 2008. Did you sign an agreement of dación en pago with the bank then?

We've basically heard nothing for 10 years. I need to see aht you did / signed then-- if any--- for being abke to tell you about possible time-barring.

Letter suggests putting charge on our UK property, reporting us to credit agencies and seeking a bankruptcy order. This is regulated by Law and they cannot proceed if debt was paid then. They are of course liable if they damage your credit report illegally.

The letter feels quite speculative - it has a lot of generic language that I assume has been sent out to lots of people. Very possibly, specially now as Brexit will make debt collecting more difficult.

I have been reading about EEOs which is quite concerning.

The Spanish Bank who would be looking to use the EEO for the seizure of UK assets need of course to follow the procedural rules in Spain first as if not, there will  be no debt to be certified by the said order.

If a Bank obtained an EEO without serving legal notice of repossession to the debtor and/or without giving to the debtor the legally required possiblities for contest and defence , you, the debtor, in the UK, who would see your UK goods " at risk" will have rights to contest the issuing and the enforcing of the EEO as null and void.

Has anybody else been through this and what was the outcome?

cheers

Very interesting that Maria, thanks for your time to post that.

Some interesting stuff about EEOs. I wonder if the banks HAVE gone through the correct channels? Doubtful if you ask me. Wouldn't it be sweet sweet justice if they weren't able to get their claims in a timely manner? Haha

How would you know if they'd followed the legal procedures in Spain first, Maria?

Like 0      
10 Jan 2019 12:01 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Some interesting responses, but perhaps the issue is the time delay limitation legslation and possibly the jurisdiction.  I'm unsure but I was told by a Spanish solicitor that they don't have any such limitations in Spain.  I'm not at all sure this is right.  But in the UK any civil claim has to be brought in a specific period of the incident arising - generally within 6 years, but 3 years for injury.

The other aspect that might feature is jurisdiction.  In general an incident has to be brought in a court of the country  where the claim arises.  If the defendant no longer has assets in that country a claim might be unenforceable.

In this situation bringing a claim in the UK may be futile as the UK court are likely to decide they don't have any jurisdiction.  But the above is based on a few assumptions and for sure a good UK solicitor is needed.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2019 1:14 PM by Ph68 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Acer, yes,  could well be time barred. Only the bank will know if they've attempted to contact the customer.

At the moment however, we are all part of the EU and will be for another 2 years at least. Once we're separate countries, then they might not have any jurisdiction. However, the brexit agreements are likely to jurisdiction...the banks will insist on it surely? And the police. They've got more control over us if the jurisdiction remains open.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2019 12:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

We have recently been contacted by Sabadell Bank as they are willing to solve mortgage-related problems with foreign clients. So... if you need our help... here we are

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Dec 2021 12:27 AM by 3rdworldspain Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Sabadell don't have a leg to stand on in the UK, tell them to take a run and a jump!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car hire at new murcia airport - 15 posts
Post BREXIT residency for UK nationals - 21 posts
Brexit Draft Agreemment - 2 posts
Copia Simple problems - 1 posts
Don't know what to do - 4 posts
Supreme Court rulings - ongoing concerns - 2 posts
IRPH - waiting for outcome - 3 posts
looking to start or join a rambling club at corvera probably next year - 0 posts
Bank Repossessions Again - 86 posts
Any news - 0 posts
Computer Printer - 4 posts
Seat Leon FR 2007 for sale - 2 posts
Repairs for an Ariston built in Microwave - 0 posts
what are the implications of denouncing someone? - 0 posts
Is a community pool a "Luxury" - 4 posts
Non Resident Tax - 3 posts
HID headlights - 0 posts
Foreign graduate student - UAM - 2 posts
Petition for Supreme Court decission on Mortgage Stamp Duty Tax - 6 posts
Hello everybody - 1 posts
building merchants in Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Keeping our GB car in spain, although only being used when on two week holiday - 15 posts
Fuente de piedra - 0 posts
Going private with a prostate - 6 posts
Autónomo vs private . Fair is fair - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x