Parking issue

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Aug 2018 9:18 AM by sarahlacala Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

i have an issue with a car that has parked in the parking space that I own for my property.

i am on a community and visit a few times a year (English school holidays) and this time have turned up and a car is parked in my space and looks like it has been there a while as very dirty. I have left notes for last few days asking to move (to which someone has replied no!) and knocked on neighbours doors but got no reply. A gentleman living further along has said the car belongs to my immediate neighbour but they do not answer the door even though I know they are there. 

When we purchased the property, we purchased the parking space and I apart from my inconvenience now, I have family and friends use the home and I don’t want others to have my issue. 

How can I get it moved? We have a security guard on sight at certain times and there is a community organisation - should I contact them? 

Like 0      
14 Aug 2018 9:36 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I suggest you ask your president and /or the administration   

Otherwise i believe it would be for you to take a civil action against the owner of the car.   Once moved you might consider installing a lockable parking post    See here for an image of such 

https://www.barriersdirect.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Aug 2018 9:47 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Park your car in their parking space.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2018 10:57 AM by sarahlacala Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks

when i did first arrive I parked in the next one to mine, they have now parked another van at an angle and a moped so I can’t use those spaces. I am now parked in another owners space that I know isn’t there at the moment.  I don’t want a parking war!! 

I have already looked at the parking locks, however need this car moved first!  

I will contact the administration, trouble is I am only here for a short period and feel I may not get this resolved I. That time

Like 0      
14 Aug 2018 2:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you have space to install the parking post lock maybe you could do that when the car is there.   Then leave it unlocked for a short period with a notice on the car saying when it will be locked, thus trapping the car 

Like 0      
14 Aug 2018 3:31 PM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

Why should she go pussy footing around?, the neighbour is the blatant offender and he knows it. Maybe a couple of lads from ‘’can’t pay we’ll take it away’’ need to have a discreet word with this ignorant neighbour.

Like 1      
14 Aug 2018 5:51 PM by sarahlacala Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Whoop! I have come back from beach and they have moved offending vehicle into the parking space in front of their house. So success (for the moment!) 

googling parking locks as we speak so they cannot repeat offend! 

Like 0      
14 Aug 2018 6:55 PM by paulsimkiss Star rating in Thailand & Spain. 58 posts Send private message

paulsimkiss´s avatar

The world we live in. All at the expense and inconvenience of the innocent.

Like 1      
14 Aug 2018 7:14 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

We're all creatures of habit so you may want to arrange that a friendly neighbour uses your space when you return to the UK.

Like 1      
14 Aug 2018 10:52 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Inconsiderate parking in a private space is regrettably not a Community issue, I believe you should arrange for a Burofax Legal document to be sent to the offender by your lawyer of try reporting a Denuncia at your local police station.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2018 6:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Just for reference

The ‘community’ might have some influence on the offender,  however as I said it would be a civil matter.  Thus not a matter for the police, local or otherwise

Like 0      
22 Aug 2018 8:37 AM by Poliq Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Things happen actually. Dont take it too close to your heart

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ants, ants and more ants!!!!! - 6 posts
Wanted Volunteers - 0 posts
Hair Colorant - 1 posts
Efficient and helpful service in reclaiming lost deposit money from Costaluz Lawyers - 28 posts
Do I need to renew Spanish car insurance? - 7 posts
Hi everyone - 8 posts
kennel managers - 0 posts
La Sella Golf Shares for sale - 0 posts
Power of attorney for my elderly parents - can anyone help? - 5 posts
Messing about on the water - 1 posts
raspberry pi zero - 0 posts
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE PAINKILLER DRUG NOLOTIL/METAMIZOL AND IT HAS AFFECTED YOU OR YOUR FAMILY PLEASE READ & ACT NOW. - 0 posts
Renal wanted in area of Malaga - 1 posts
minimum number of owners in a community of owners. - 4 posts
Alicante metro for over-65s - 1 posts
Information on Gaucin - 1 posts
Recommendations for a Community Administrator in Marbella - 0 posts
Self Employed Rules - 1 posts
Plusvalia on Inherited Property - 1 posts
Currencies Direct - has anyone used their money transfer services? - 7 posts
Community issue - 14 posts
Community issue - 0 posts
Peinsa 97 SL being finally liquidated - 0 posts
Community of owners and Data Protection compliance - 5 posts
Fears about buying a property in Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x