Incorrect Direct Debits

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2018 10:19 PM by brian66c Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, we have a holiday home near Torrevieja and have banked with Bankinter since 2007.

In May 2017, 166euros was taken by bank for house insurance.

I printed copy of receipt prior to out October visit and was surprised to read it was for a different company, different address, different amount,different name but our account.

I took it to Bankinter who confirmed it was an error and they said they would process a refund.

It is now 18th March and still no refund. I will be visiting bankinter before end of April to chase this up.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Thank you

Brian 

body p

Like 0      
19 Mar 2018 7:16 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Even if your bank organised the insurance the payment was via direct debit which means any problem has to be taken up with the issuer as your contract is with them although all details, apart from your acc.number, has changed.

Suggest on your next visit you get a gestor to sort it.

good luck.

Like 1      
19 Mar 2018 2:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The way I read that, the bank itself was the issuer ("taken by bank for insurance", as opposed to paid by bank). Either way, yes, in my years in Spain I have known plenty of DDs go wrong, which is why I still pay everything I can in cash on receipt of bills if possible. Obviously not an option for non-residents though. But if you have online banking, you should keep a very close & regular (daily if poss!) eye on your account - it's amazing just who can help themselves to your cash. You should also have an option (may depend on your bank) to immediately cancel any payments you don't agree with - probably within a certain time e.g. 15 days.

On a side note, I also took the option of a prepaid debit card from Sabadell (for a small annual fee, of course) and only use that for any online transactions, first adding the exact balance needed only to the card, then leaving the balance at zero. This avoids the possibility of anyone with my card number getting any cash out of me without me knowing.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Mar 2018 3:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Brian

If when  you visit you not get satisfaction immediately  I suggest you demand the complaints form and that you complete it no matter what promises are made.  If the bank put things right just tear up the two copies you will have   If they don’t within two weeks take the consumer’s office copy to that office in the town hall

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/03/2018.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easter Parades Torrevieja - 0 posts
I won my first instance case against banks - 3 posts
9 cases won so far in 2018 by CostaluzLawyers - 13 posts
Decaration of assets abroad- end of term 31st March - 43 posts
Car Insurance - 3 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Great new classical choir in Vera (Almeria) - 0 posts
Public schools - 3 posts
SELLING PROPERTY - 8 posts
registration for rentals - 1 posts
good rental agents aguilas area -costa calida - 0 posts
Capital gains tax - 2 posts
La Caixa refusing to pay out on life insurance. - 44 posts
Anything happening at Nueva Ribera? - 1 posts
vera playa almeria - 13 posts
Wills - 1 posts
Bank want to trick me into saying I'm investor - 2 posts
EU Referendum - 17 posts
problems with filmon - 1 posts
12 months contract - 5 posts
Long term rental Benidorm - 2 posts
legal Interest rates - 27 posts
HEALTHCARE IN SPAIN - 21 posts
Newbie to here and hopefully to Spain! - 26 posts
Wanted: Long term rental villa Moraira area /Se busca alquiler de villa a largo plazo en el área de Moraira - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x