Does planning permission expire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2018 10:23 AM by vanda Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

permission to build a house granted 12 years ago.   Architect plans etc. Submitted and all done legally at cost of around 9000 euros.   Due to circumstances never got round to actual build.  2 questions please.   Do permissions to build run out    Also built nave on plot around 8-9 years ago.  Architect said ok to do so although as far as I can see never got licence.  Nave has water and electric connected.  Read on another post if building not complained about for a number of years will be ok.   Don’t know how true this is.  Granada area. Many thanks

Like 0      
10 Feb 2018 12:36 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

It will state ..when the planning permission expires on the building license that was issued by the town hall ...if you do not have a building licence then you clearly do not have permission to build anything on the land ..that includes the nave ( shed) that you say you have already built.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2018 1:20 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Vanda, one of the the laws on Habitation Certificates changed in July 2011.  Previously there was the "Negative Silence Rule"  whereby if the local Town Hall had all the necessary paperwork yet failed to issue the Hab Cert within 4 or 6 months (I forget which) then permission was automatically deemed to have been issued etc.  But sadly this was reversed.  This may be what was suggested on the other site you mention.

Now I believe that the local authority has 4 years from completion to react to what they believe is an illegal building.  But I cannot say this with any authority as it seems to be a matter of interpretation, or what they had for lunch that day.  Others will know more hopefully.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2018 2:07 PM by vanda Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Thank you for taking time to reply.    

Like 0      
11 Feb 2018 2:49 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

House: In Andalucía, Work licenses are granted for a determined period. If not exppressly set in the License, Law establishes that they need to be started within one year and finished within 3 years.

Nave: What type of land was the nave built on?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Feb 2018 3:35 PM by vanda Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria.   It’s rural land has ruins electricity and well water with olive almond figs etc.   About 3 acres.  10 minutes  outside town  there are a number of neighbouring houses and naves dotted around.   Like I mentioned cost around 9000 for architect, permissions etc.  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2018 1:33 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Vanda:

It depends on if a license is possible now or if despite not being possible, the classification as " Asimilado a Fuera de Ordenación" is possible

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Feb 2018 11:24 PM by vanda Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria.   Think I will just attempt to sell land same as I bought it, without planning and see what happens.  Change of Circumstances mean won’t be building a house for myself.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non resident enquiry - 10 posts
Stepmother died 3 years ago but still on villa deeds. Tax implication? Fine? - 14 posts
For sale fender mk 111 guitar amplifier - 0 posts
Planning/ license issue - 2 posts
Lawbird - 0 posts
Spanish Resident with Spanish car in UK longer than 6 months - 10 posts
WE WON! - 39 posts
kodi uktv - 7 posts
Banks paying out inheritance to beneficiaries - 4 posts
Replacement NIE card - 11 posts
Laminated documents - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted for k9 animal charity - 4 posts
Power of attorney - 15 posts
Santander bank - 4 posts
non residents bank account - 19 posts
Transfer from Girona to Platja D'Aro - 1 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers cases won so far in 2018! - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 114 posts
Balcony extension - 13 posts
Winter in Torrevieja - 1 posts
How do I prove I am not a scammer?! - 7 posts
Modelo 210 - 2 posts
About the school - 10 posts
Winter travel to Spain - 13 posts
what is FORM 036 pls - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x