Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2018 6:27 PM by ukhcc1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

anyone can tell me what is Form036 pls?

Like 0      
16 Jan 2018 6:55 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Those persons or organisations that are non-resident in Spain or not established within the applicable territory of the VAT shall file Form 036 at the Tax Agency local office or branch corresponding to the tax address of their representative or, if not appointed, that of their place of operation.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2018 11:31 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jan 2018 10:20 PM by ukhcc1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

hi Jarvi,

i havent go a clue what you talking about (honestly not rudely)

i dont have a business in spain. i just have  a normal account of non resident and the bank want me to fill tax form 036.

could you expalin more please

Like 0      
17 Jan 2018 11:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Didn't the link I posted help? That's from the tax department - you can't get any more official than that. Or....and here's a wild idea....why don't you ask your bank?

surprise

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Jan 2018 12:23 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

What does it say on the form?  May be another clue there. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
18 Jan 2018 12:36 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

This is from Advoco website

Modelo 36/37

Purpose: Registration/variation of autonomo (self employment)

Explanation: Anyone practising a trade or profession or going into business needs to register their activities with the Agencia Tributaria (AT) using either of these forms, before they begin.  The same forms are used to vary the details of their registration (e.g. they change the nature of the activity/trade) or to de-register the activity.  The latter must take place within a month of the actual end of trading.  Partnerships must register their business using these forms. 

I can only assume that your bank thinks that you have some type of business or are working for yourself. I would ask them why they want you to fill it in. I am non resident and only fill in the 210 form every year.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2019 5:14 PM by adatherton Star rating in Playa Blanca, Lanzar.... 3 posts Send private message

adatherton´s avatar

Jarvi is right, the bank must think you are a business, ie self-employed. Tell them you are not. They normally only request this form when you first open a business account. Anyway, only people with residencia status can be autonomo, ie self employed. (You need residencia to get the digital certificate to access the AT site to complete the form anyway).

For a non-resident bank account all you need is an NIE and a British passport. You don't even need a Spanish address. My Sabadell statements come to the UK because the Correos is so hit and miss in Lanzarote where I live.

I was going to post links of how to get the form for those who DO have a business, but the page won't let me post them as I am not 'approved' or something.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2020 10:29 AM by steve67 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Picking up on this thread. I am not resident in Spain but I have a property. I have just opened a new bank account with Santander and, beacause I am self employed in the UK, they now want a form 036 from me to prove my self employed status and type of business. Is there an English version of the form, or a UK equivalent ? The bank are being very unhelpful, as are my accountants in the UK. TIA

Like 0      
30 Mar 2020 10:37 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

30 Mar 2020 11:14 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

A few years ago my bank were asking for a list of info to 'confirm' my account.  

The account is joint with my wife and my son who is non resident.  

I answered some of the questions regarding my wife and myself but I questioned the bank's right to insist, especially regarding my son.  After a couple of back and forths the bank were unable to supply any legal authority to demand the info. and gave up.

The account continued as before.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/03/2020.

Like 1      
30 Mar 2020 12:04 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Johnx:

Contact us privately so we can see if we can help

Thanks

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fined €200 for not having ITV - car only 2 years old! - 16 posts
Car Battery Supplier - 3 posts
Family Move and buying a business lease - 6 posts
Debt Attachment - 1 posts
Question for Maria on interest payments (Ley 57/68) - 10 posts
Reclaiming 3% non resident Tax Refund after property sale - 15 posts
Help with Spanish Taxes - 6 posts
Furnishing a house in Jalon - 3 posts
registering an imported car - 2 posts
Special needs schools spain - 11 posts
tax on uk pensions - 3 posts
Bank guarantees - 53 posts
Advice on Cajamar Bank - 14 posts
Portadriano - 0 posts
Buying a new bike - 4 posts
trying to buy a property in spain - 5 posts
Reclaiming PlusValia on a property sale - 61 posts
come to Alicante area for 4 weeks in April/May with dogs - 3 posts
Club - 0 posts
Newbie - 29 posts
Subletting in Spain - 13 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers 45 cases won against Banks in 2017! - 0 posts
Low power water heater - 4 posts
New to Spain with alsorts of problems - 24 posts
Smart box for tv - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x