Non resident enquiry

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2018 7:15 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Hola Maria, can you tell me if I still need to complete a form for the police proving I am a non resident of Spain (not a non resident tax form which Icomplete each year and pay what is due accordingly) When I banked with Halifax Espana taken over by Lloyds International they used to send the form to me every 2 years. Since we have banked with Sabadell I have had nothing sent and when I asked in branch last year they seemed a bit unsure.

Thank you.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2018 9:59 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I bank with Sabadell in Los Alcazares and filled in my non resident paperwork in the branch 6 months ago. I believe nothing has changed and you still need to make a declaration every 2 years. I have never heard of a form for the polce.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2018 11:41 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Who isit for then ? We already pay our non residents tax through Sabadell so they know we're nonresidents.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2018 8:07 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I beieve its for the Bank as there are resident bank accounts and non-resident bank accounts.I have heard of instances In the past that if you did not renew it your account was frozen. When I banked with Cambank they used to e mail me every 2 years to say it was due for renewal, however Sabadell don't seem to bother. The last time I renewed it, it had ran out 6 months previously. I am sure someone on here will be able to give you more details on it than me.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2018 10:32 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I bank with Santander ...and they register us automatically as none residents and pay the fee on our behalf...when its due...be warned the people across the road from me were living for lengthy period's on Camposol and had a none residents bank account with Santander ...they had their bank account frozen ...apparently by the police that do regular checks ...I am not to sure how they go about checking you out ...I suppose they have a look at your standing orders for water/electric use and so on.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 10/02/2018.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2018 8:47 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

No need to warn us. We are legitimate nonnresidents. Maybe because we bank with them and pay our non residents tax through them Sabadell don't need us to complete any additional forms. We will pop into the branch and ask them  

Like 0      
10 Feb 2018 10:03 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

It's the Spanish tax authorities who require a non resident certificate every two years. The bank where you have a non resident account will apply for this on your behalf and submit it to the tax authorities.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2018 9:10 AM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Thank you.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2018 7:35 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I have found a copy of the form that needs to be filled in every 2 years. It is called "Declaration de Residencia fiscal" "Declaration of residence for tax purposes"

Like 0      
11 Feb 2018 8:50 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Thanks Jarvi

Like 0      
11 Feb 2018 9:21 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Also bank accounts were being frozen due to the new ruling that a non resident had to prove his status and declare and funds held in an overseas bank account. 

(I think the above means non-residents declare the funds held in a Spanish account and only those resident in Spain have to declare funds held in an overseas bank account).

Banks must report the tax residence of account holders

They will have the obligation to do so between January 1 and May 31, 2017

The account will be blocked if the holder does not provide such information within 90 days

The above from an article in El Mundo. The full article is here and you can use Google translate for it

El Mundo Non-residence accounts

This worked the other way as we had to provide proof of Spanish residency to our UK bank and they wanted certified copies. They did say "a copy of the passport of the country you claim to be resident in" which is a bit silly. We sent copies of our Residency card and our NIE numbers and haven't heard anything since.

This message was last edited by mariedav on 11/02/2018.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Stepmother died 3 years ago but still on villa deeds. Tax implication? Fine? - 14 posts
For sale fender mk 111 guitar amplifier - 0 posts
Planning/ license issue - 2 posts
Lawbird - 0 posts
Spanish Resident with Spanish car in UK longer than 6 months - 10 posts
WE WON! - 39 posts
kodi uktv - 7 posts
Banks paying out inheritance to beneficiaries - 4 posts
Replacement NIE card - 11 posts
Laminated documents - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted for k9 animal charity - 4 posts
Power of attorney - 15 posts
Santander bank - 4 posts
non residents bank account - 19 posts
Transfer from Girona to Platja D'Aro - 1 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers cases won so far in 2018! - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 114 posts
Balcony extension - 13 posts
Winter in Torrevieja - 1 posts
How do I prove I am not a scammer?! - 7 posts
Modelo 210 - 2 posts
About the school - 10 posts
Winter travel to Spain - 13 posts
what is FORM 036 pls - 11 posts
Fined €200 for not having ITV - car only 2 years old! - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x