SUMA payments

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Can we pay our Suma by Direct Debit & through Banco Halifax ?

Anyone done this ?

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 4:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
SUMA being IBI, i.e. rates? I don't see why not. Can you pop into the rates office while you're there and set it up?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 4:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

OK thanks Roberto, will sort that next trip. Didn't know if we had to speak with Suma office or Banco Halifax or both or even IF we could pay by DD at all. They've had enough out of us this month for 2006 & 7 so we're ok till next October 2008.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 4:58 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Can anyone confirm what I was told when I started panicking as I had no Suma bill like you all do?

I was told that the person who actually owns a house in January is the one billed later that year and that we won't have to pay until next year.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 5:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Strictly speaking that's correct. However, if you bought your place in , for example, February, the seller is unlikely to be too keen to pay for this year's contribution, and since the bill generally isn't issued until June or so, it's a common dilemna. You could just stick to your guns and say you're not paying this year's because it's not your bill. BUT, unpaid rates bills go with the property. So, when (if) you come to sell, and you go to the rates office to get the certificate stating there are no unpaid debts on the property, you may get a nasty surprise. Not only the outstanding year's payment, but interest and fines on top. if the debt is more than (5?) years old, it may be written off, but I'm not sure of the law on this. So be careful. On new builds, the developer ought to pay the first year's rates, unless you signed on January 1st of course. If they don't, and you don't, you run the possible risk of the above scenario. For the sake of a couple of hundred quid, I paid ours (or rather, the developer's), my neighbour stubbonly refused to. Only time will tell who got it right.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 5:20 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

The last bill was 30 euros.   I got a copy when we bought at the end of january. If he wants it back off us, we don't mind. I'd hate to have a bad debt though.

Is there an easy way to check if it's paid? Perhaps a nota simple or something?

Ta.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 6:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yes, just pop along to your rates office armed with your copia simple and ID, and ask what, if anything, is outstanding on your property. I'm sure they won't hesitate to tell you if there is an unpaid bill!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 7:14 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Roberto,

I'll do that whwn we next go over. Hopefully to pay the final bill to the builder for the renovations.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lo Crispin - 5 posts
What is CDS ? - 2 posts
Restaurants in Totana, Murcia - 2 posts
PRE-FABRICATED POOLS - 0 posts
Great restaurant for a special birthday - 14 posts
Lawyers! - 8 posts
I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts
Our tow bar is legal! - 13 posts
Why not to buy in spain - 2 posts
HABITACION LICENCE - 3 posts
New investestment in Murcia - 17 posts
Does anyone have any info on Palmeral Villas - 3 posts
helicopterios sanitarios - 8 posts
Spanish mortgages - 1 posts
Working in Spain - 0 posts
Golf clubs - 29 posts
Job Agencies - Legal - 0 posts
Removals from enland to spain - 40 posts
NIE - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x