Lawyers!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

OK - I know this will get a few feathers flying but after yesterday I dont really care!

This is the long version - feel free to fall asleep for the first few paragraphs!

Lovely elder couple have been trying to sell their proeprty for a year. He is not well and they are not coming to Spain again, hence liquidate the property. It was adised (not by me!) to market their 2 bed penthouse up the Ronda road (sea views and huge terrace) for 410,000 euros and really suprisingly it didnt sell! They dropped it to 375k and then 350k, all to no avail, then the lovely Trevor MacDonald show came out and they contacted me.

After telling them we couldnt sell it at those prices, too high for my clients, they came and asked me what I thought it would actually go at. It wasnt easy explaining how bank valuations come about and investors would only pay a percentage etc, but I gave them a price of 250-270k for a quick sale. They decided to go ahead.

Well I knew where to place it and sold it that afternoon, lucky me, to one of my good clients.

So to current day, buyers mortgage broker couldnt sort him out with a good mortgage, so I recommended Smiley, who pulled out all the stops in record time - thank you Smiley - to be ready to complete the transaction. So, mortgage is ready to go buyer wants to come out and the flippin sellers lawyer is procrastinating! My poor secretary said the guy was impossible to get hold of and was quite highly strung - he from Gibraltar!

Anyway yesterday the buyer said he was going to book flights for this saturday to sign so needed confirmation of the date - the lawyer has power of attorney. Bueyers lawyer hasnt got the info he asked for over 2 weeks ago and needs it for his side of things

So I ring the Gib lawyer. Boy oh boy was he rude! He told me estate agents always pester him and push for no reason and it would be done when it was done. Now, Im no way a pushy person but equally I dont want my buyer being mucked around! Gib Lawyer was so rude I ended up (without swearing) putting the phone down on him!

I ended up havng to call the sellers and explain, which was difficult, and he called his lwayer - who then finally after numerous attempts from the buyers lawyer to contact him, called the buyers lawyer. But STILL hasnt sent the documents needed but reckons he MAY be able to complete next week!

What an arrogant so and so and I can see this falling at the last hurdle!

So - buyers and sellers, make sure you have decent lawyers and not idiots to represent you if you want to have a chance of getting things done.

Oh and the best bit? He reckons the proeprty has been sold too cheaply and I think this is the real reason for the delay!

Right thats it, got a shepherds pie to cook when I finally get out of here! Night night all!

This message was last edited by Rixxy on 9/20/2007.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 3:04 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

HI Inez,

Was it somebody with a name that more and less appeals to the number 3?

If they are them...........Yes, they tried to be rude with me too...... but only over the phone..... when we met with the buyer.......... they were extremelly understanding and really couldn´t keep up their "chuleria" face to face.... they were under the impression they were talking to a kid over the phone I´d guess......

Some people is quite rude over the phone or behind a screen, but they tend to understand better "Spanish" when face to face dealing.....  My advise, make friends with the secretary, they are the ones who run the shows........ we can eat up most of those so called "law experts" for lunch and "get rid" of them by dinner time..... most of them have been educated far beyond their own cappacity.

Cheers,

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 7:39 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola Juan - yes normally the secretarys do run the show and we are always very polite and firndly with them all - to their faces anyway

But even leaving detailed messages and emails to the secretary the lawyer reckoned he hadnt heard from us and didnt have the info - thats why we called him direct. What a pratt!

Anyway, it did complete - and on the day I nearly didnt get my cheque as although I had a copy of the invoice which had been sent to them, they said it wasnt an original! My A**E!! All the info is there and they had the one we emiled and faxed to them!!!

The buyers lawyer had a word and finally I signed the bit of paper, got my cheeuq, cashed it immediately and spent the lot - on wages, bills and oustanding accounts! Think I ended up with about 200 euros to my name afterwards

Hey ho!! I DO love this job, I DO love this job, I Do love this job.........................................!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 5:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Rixxy, I saw this & thought of you. (I enjoy your stories BTW.)

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 1:18 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Hah! Very apt and thanks - Im glad people find amusement from them - otherwise whats the point of going through the aggro!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 10:18 AM by Snugglepuss Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Rixxy How's things Snugglepuss

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 6:21 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Im very well thank you - what you up to then? Bored I see or you wouldnt be on here!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Jan 2008 7:47 PM by Snugglepuss Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Rixxy

Yes things are a bit slow at the moment although I have got interested customers just need some holiday places for them.

TTFN

Snugglepuss

Like 0      
15 Jan 2009 2:49 PM by gee.dog Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

Has anyone dealt with Perez Legal Group. What are they like? Thanx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts
Our tow bar is legal! - 13 posts
Why not to buy in spain - 2 posts
HABITACION LICENCE - 3 posts
New investestment in Murcia - 17 posts
Does anyone have any info on Palmeral Villas - 3 posts
helicopterios sanitarios - 8 posts
Spanish mortgages - 1 posts
Working in Spain - 0 posts
Golf clubs - 29 posts
Job Agencies - Legal - 0 posts
Removals from enland to spain - 40 posts
NIE - 5 posts
Working in spain - 3 posts
Family Allowance - 5 posts
Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts
Territorial Army, proud to say the least! - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x