Caixa Bank Seldom Answering Phone or Emails

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2017 2:41 PM by CRISTO Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I have an account with Caixa Bank (Formerly Barclays) and am receiving absolutely terrible service. I have been with the bank for 25 + years and feel disgusted at their behaviour.

I unfortunately requested that my lawyer transfer some funds from a recent property sale to my Spanish bank account where I would later carry out a currency tranfer to a uk bank. On the very rare occassion, where I managed to speak with a sub manager at the bank, I was informed I could make up to a 20000 Euros tranfer free of any charges. However, when going on line to use my online account I enter a section whereby I agree to a 0.4% charge of the amount being tranferred. Nowhere is there any section that shows it will be free (even though I have confermation in a written email from a manager) that it is up to 20000 Euros. I have tried to call the bank with it ringing to the point of cut off. I email this manager to query this situation and receive no response. Does anyone know how to overcome this awful and stressful treatment ?

Chris

Like 0      
20 Nov 2017 4:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You could perhaps try to contact them via their Facebook page. Did you check out my previous suggestion of speaking to Currencies Direct? They may be able to sort everything out for you, including your conversion to Sterling and transfer to UK account. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Nov 2017 4:11 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Is there a Banking ombudsman that you could report this to if you do not get this resolved, or maybe the threat of reporting them might achieve a result?

Like 0      
21 Nov 2017 5:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The complaints forms are the simplest way to get any business to get their act together - but in Cristo's case, (presumably) not being in Spain makes that option rather obsolete. 

I believe Spanish banks have a formal complaints procedure, just as UK banks do, and that there is an equivalent of an ombudsman to escalate complaints to if necessary. However, unless he/she is fluent in Spanish and willing to wait several weeks for a response, this is not really going to help Cristo much. Other than keep trying, or what I already suggested, the best option is to jump on a plane and go into a branch to sort it out. Then at least he can be lied to, to his face! To be fair, I should point out that (in my experience) UK banks are not much better when trying to deal with them from afar. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Nov 2017 8:37 PM by Steve C Star rating. 66 posts Send private message

The complaints forms are another waste of time and the business will always give a view in their response that will more often than not will simply negate any complaint you have

Best option for the OP is as you say get on the plane and do a face to face

Like 0      
21 Nov 2017 8:51 PM by Jackwarner Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

CaixaBank S.A., UK Branch

63 Saint Mary Axe, EC3A 8AA, London

Tel: +44 2073 980 140

Tel: +44 2079 364 228

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Denuncia - 8 posts
Spanish Reg in the UK - 8 posts
passport pics - 5 posts
No Community fees? urbanization? - 8 posts
Radio Control Aircraft club - 0 posts
Are we just dreamers..... - 11 posts
introductions - 1 posts
TAX REFUND - 0 posts
Hi All - 0 posts
Zahara de los Atunes - 1 posts
Committee members voting at the AGM - 19 posts
Rip off charges by Caixa Bank !! - 30 posts
Land in Valencia - 9 posts
Tracing a taxi driver - 3 posts
Event organisation in Costa Blanca. - 0 posts
NON RESIDENT TAX - 31 posts
bank - 1 posts
replacement car exhaust - 0 posts
Help - 2 posts
Threads disappearing - 8 posts
Hi from Malaga - 2 posts
GREAT ADVENTURE!! - 1 posts
Sky TV and IPTV boxes - 0 posts
Cheap SIM only deal - 3 posts
Can't complete on time. Can the contract be extended? - 42 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x