Great restaurant for a special birthday

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

I haven't got a review but I'm looking for one, my wife's 40th is approaching and we will be in Playa Flamenca (CB) at the end of October,. As I have arranged for her parents first visit to our apartment to coincide with her birthday I really need a quality place to take them all.

Any suggestions for something nearby would be appreciated.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 9:23 PM by Brickie Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

If it is value for money and great food I can suggest two good Spanish restaurants in San Miguel de Salinas.

One is Restaurant Galant on the main street left hand side as you head down towards the road to Orihuela. Roughly about opposite the Police Station. They only do Menu del Dia at night for 13 Euros per head and it is excellent. You have a choice of about 5 Starters and 5 Main Courses (includes Steak), Dessert and Coffee. Wine is included. You must book and they do one sitting at 8.00PM.

The other is Paco's. This is down one off the side streets to the right off the Main Street. Alternatively you can get to it by coming off at the first junction coming from Torrevieja on the Orihuela road and up the hill towards the Peanut Bar and taking the right just before you reach the Bar. As you then go down the hill you will see Paco' s in front of you. They charge 11 Euros per head for Menu del Diaand again it is excellent. Once again it is best to book.

regards

Brickie

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 10:51 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Talk about Scotsmen taking your wife out for a 13 euro meal for her 40th!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Scrufty

Market Street restaurant in San Miguel is wonderful. If it's a lunchtime MDD you want they did a first class one for 13€ each including half bottle of wine each, last time they opened lunchtimes (they don't open in the summer for lunchtimes, maybe as they have no outdoor space, like many others). Evenings are only a la carte though I have to say I thought their MDD was quite a la carte ! Sunday lunch is 15€ though maybe you have to pay extra for wine as often is the case on Sundays.  Check which days they close though. C/.Calvario - San Miguel de Salinas 966 723 965

Casa Nicolas along the Crevillente road between Carrefour & Quesada is meant to be superb.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 4:40 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Depends what you want Scrufty,  Rancho Blanco is very nice...............open air if you want.........suckling pip to die for, but you have to order that in advance and has to be for 4 persons. Oasis at Mil Palmeras is very good........choice of about 15 starters, 15 main and lots of puds plus wine for 18 euro per person......good food and good value.  Patio Andaluz...........re vamped but still with the grapevine................good but crowded ( need to book on Sunday when Flamenca dancers do show ). La Brassier......off the 332 just after car sales place does pig roast a couple of times a month but has other menu too.............have only had pig roast there but it was good.

Wherever you end up. ENJOY.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 10:09 PM by Lesleywhiteman Star rating in Cippenham & Costa Bl.... 67 posts Send private message

Agree with Karen on La Braseria, always visit at least once when are here, went last Friday, (very quiet though) their Steaks/fish are great, tel 96 532 01 54 Keith or Phil.

La Finca de Eduardo's near Campoamor Golf turn off just after Caba Roig recommended friends for their 25th Anniversary last year, they drove down from Guardamar ,and now come down each time they are over, Edie is the owner, Katie is the manager, they have a top scottish chef there.  They also have a restaurant at Villa Martin.  Tel 96 532 28 30 Campoamor Tel 96 676 51 48 Villa Martin. 

Patio Andalus is also good, especially on their music nites, great fun.

Enjoy

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 10:23 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Karen and everyone else

Thanks for these suggestions, hopefully we will try them all at some point.

Fortunately the cost is not an issue but we have a 6 year old son and my wife's parents will be joining us for a couple of days (their first trip to our apartment) so suggestions that I have received for places such as Eduardo's at Villamartin lack appeal as they have no kids menus (I know I could always treat him to BK before we head out) , we enjoyed the Papaya Tree on a recent visit but I am unsure if the mother-in-law would enjoy this(then again she could always stay at home !!!!!).

The Rancho Blanco sounds good, where abouts is that please Karen ??

Again thanks for the suggestions and if anyone is out there on Oct 28th, any chance of a lift ?

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 10:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

http://www.villaespana.com/eating.htm

All about Rancho Blanco

You omitted to mention your 6 yr old, Scrufty.  Makes a difference when trying to rack our brains for a luxurious place with posh grub. Rancho Blanco has an outdoor play area. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/2/2007.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 1:45 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

does anyone know the restaurant that is near villamartin golf course that is like an old house, it has two dining areas on the right and left of the reception area

if so do you know what it is called

some of you may have been there if you went on an atlas inspection trip

regards

saznaz

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 7:05 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar

Hi saznaz,

I went on a trip with atlas,and they took us to a few resturants,and i will try to remember the names and let you know.we have purchased a property in almorardi,i did notice you live in kent and so do we where in kent are you tricia

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 9:14 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Just thought I would let you know that I decided in the end to take my wife and the in-laws plus my six year old to the Witchery at the Playa Flamenca centre.

All I can say is that everything was excellent, the food was great the service was spot on and the complimentary bottle of bubbly and birthday cake ( I mentioned briefy it was my wife's birthday ) created a faultless evening, many thanks, shame they are moving in the New Year to Algofora

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 9:52 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi Scrufty, that's the first good report I've heard about the Witchery, not that I've been there myself, just had reports from others.

Are you still over here? I have not seen anyone on El Rincon solariums struggling with a flat pack!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 4:37 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Lucky Algorfa

Do you know whereabouts they are moving to in Algorfa - I know it's not a very big place but it helps to know roughly where it is.

Thanks

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 9:25 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Hello Noreen,

Last I heard they were going to be in the commercials on La Finca.Sounds like we will be getting a nice selection of places there soon.

Regards

Sue

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 9:17 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thanks Sue

I don't have a place in Algorfa but my cousin does & they are always on the look out for new places to try.

Thanks

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lawyers! - 8 posts
I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts
Our tow bar is legal! - 13 posts
Why not to buy in spain - 2 posts
HABITACION LICENCE - 3 posts
New investestment in Murcia - 17 posts
Does anyone have any info on Palmeral Villas - 3 posts
helicopterios sanitarios - 8 posts
Spanish mortgages - 1 posts
Working in Spain - 0 posts
Golf clubs - 29 posts
Job Agencies - Legal - 0 posts
Removals from enland to spain - 40 posts
NIE - 5 posts
Working in spain - 3 posts
Family Allowance - 5 posts
Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x