Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just returned from Spain & saw bulldozers etc clearing a huge area of land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca, I assume the area's called. This is on the sea side of the N332 & would severely restrict views from apartments behind Lidl's & to the side of these if there are going to be apartments built on this area. Thought building so close to beach wasn't permitted !

Anyone know what's going to be built ?

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 4:29 PM by BROADCHA Star rating in Leeds & Dream Hills2. 33 posts Send private message

Hi, we've been in the area a number of times this year and it appears that some kind of building work is to take place on this strip of land.

We've visited six times this year and something has been done on each visit ranging from equipment being delivered to the site, access cleared, 'roads' marked out, surveying etc.

I seem to recall seeing in one of the free newspapers that there was a demonstartion against this land being developed but it appears not to have stopped what's going on.

Not really an answer for you but it appears the landscape is 'about' to change here.

Any one else have any information?

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 7:18 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Hi I would b interested to know also I hope its just an extension of the esplanada in playa flamenca as it wld b a shame to see it go Saznaz

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 8:24 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

The area I believe is called La Mosca and the builder is Gomendio, they were apparently given permission to build on this land many years ago and although it has been demonstrated against recently, Gomendio will sue for aprox 60 million euros if the local authorities revoke the already approved plans which include apartments and commercial properties, I therefore would expect this land to be build on (maybe 5 years from now taking into consideration Gomendio's other plans for the area behind Lidl's).

The above is what I have been told by Gomendio employees and what I have read in the local free papers on previous visits this year, so not confirmed by any town hall plans or officials, therefore feel free to take the above as gospel or correct me if I'm completely incorrect, I'll just have to try and enjoy the sea view for as long as I can, afterall this is Spain.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 8:37 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all

We were out there a few weeks  and noticed a large billboard/advert board which had a picture on it of a development which looked very like the ones behind Lidl . The seafront promanade is going to be extended from Playa Flamenca along the cliff top to Punta Prima which is going to be finished in 2010.  

Like 0      
20 Sep 2007 10:47 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes, apartments by the same builder as Almeda Del Mar and El Rincon, Gomendio.

And no doubt, commercial units too, as happens aroud urbanisations.

I am in Spain now and they are laying the sewerage/drain pipes along the clifftop.

Interestingly, Gomendio is not continuing with the development behind Lidls, as there are still apartments unsold in the last phase El Rincon, and if he can't sell those, he will not start the next phase.

But, cliff side is a different ball game, these will sell well I believe, might buy a couple myself as an investment.

However, these buildings/apartments are not going to be higher than 2 stories, so our wonderful sea views will not be severely restricted.

This information is from a resident who has been to the Town Hall for confirmation and speaks fluent Spanish.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 2:35 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

It seems that Gomenio ( the builder ) has begun working on the apartments opposite us and next to El Rincon, because as I sit in the sun on my balcony, I am deafened by the sound of the digger and blinded by dust swirls......................so it seems that it's full steam ahead................next will be the stone cruncher!!!!

What joy!!!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 3:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

" next will be the stone cruncher!!!! "

Karen, you did say you wanted to lose weight, send it to me when you're done with it, I'll welcome the stone cruncher, need to lose a stone or two.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 4:43 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

The land in Question is owned by Gomendio and they do intend to build apartment blocks on ther sloping down to a new marina.

There is a massive tug of war going on at the moment between enviromental groups and the builders.

One minute they are going ahead the next it has all been stopped.

I think Gomendio have plans for aprtment blocks which will be terraced down to give the sea views to the aprtments above.

I am not sure if this will restrict the views from Almeda del Mar as i have not seen the model but i they are going to have to dig down very deep if they are not too restrict the sea views.

It is all a bit confusing at the moment,i think it will be a battle that will rage on!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts are that they will build eventually and as high as possible as it is prime beachfront real estate,they will want to get as much for their money as possible.

Georgia

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 4:54 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

According to the plans which we have from the town hall, the buildings on that bit can only be 2 storeys high.

I do so hope this is true, and I cannot understand why the town hall is giving this info if they blatently know it is false.

Also, the land they are building on is fenced off and the fencing stops way before the cliff edge.........you can see cars driving and people walking down there. I think it would take a great deal of structural support to terrace apartments down to the sea.

There has been much political interest in this area, but the builder just carries on seemingly regardless.

This message was last edited by Karensun on 9/27/2007.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 10:05 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Karen

Do you know or can you tell how best to get to the beaches now that fencing is up (from Lidl's) ?

I have my in-laws coming out to see our apartment (fingers crossed that we complete) at the end of October and I would like to walk them down to the Playa Flamenca or La Mosca beaches.

Thanks

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 10:43 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Yes Scrufty, you can turn right when you cross the 332 and face the fencing and just walk along the fence then along to the beach or you can turn the other way and go down to Punta Prima beach. There is a sign on the fencing telling you this just opposite Lidl.

Hope your completion goes as planned, keep us in touch.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
29 Sep 2007 1:52 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

We had another digger / thumper arrived this morning in front of La Mirada and next to El Rincon, so it looks as tho the builder means business!!

Also several men with a white line painting machine have been strutting round with some importance drawing lines and hammering in marker pegs. Mind you, the last time they did this, it rained and all the lines disappeared!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts
Registering a car in Spain - 13 posts
Indoor swimming pools - 13 posts
Our tow bar is legal! - 13 posts
Why not to buy in spain - 2 posts
HABITACION LICENCE - 3 posts
New investestment in Murcia - 17 posts
Does anyone have any info on Palmeral Villas - 3 posts
helicopterios sanitarios - 8 posts
Spanish mortgages - 1 posts
Working in Spain - 0 posts
Golf clubs - 29 posts
Job Agencies - Legal - 0 posts
Removals from enland to spain - 40 posts
NIE - 5 posts
Working in spain - 3 posts
Family Allowance - 5 posts
Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts
Territorial Army, proud to say the least! - 1 posts
Apartment complex not to specification and Bank Guarantees - 12 posts
What is the best way of learning Spanish at home? - 51 posts
Marketing your property - 0 posts
Winter clothes? - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x