Schooling after Brexit

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2017 2:24 PM by leeallen1981 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

We have been planning our move for several years and now obviously brexit has caused some concern. 

Does anybody know how schooling would work after Brexit, could they still enrol inot spanish state school. This was always our plan to make sure they fully integrate. How does it work for non eu nationals that reside in Spain currently? 

Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Lee

Like 0      
20 Jun 2017 3:21 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hello 

This link might help to give you an idea of what the current sitiuation is like for non-europeans and their kids :

http://www.interior.gob.es/en/web/servicios-al-ciudadano/extranjeria/regimen-general/menores-extranjeros

https://comosetramita.com/escolarizacion-de-inmigrantes-no-residentes-en-espana

However we will have to wait and see what happens with the Brexit  negotiations. Whatever happens these websites explain the worst case scenario, and the kids under 16  should be guaranteed an education whether the parents are legal residents or not. Nonetheless it is always something you should check with the local authorities to make sure this information is not out of date. 

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 2      
20 Jun 2017 4:43 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you are under retirement age and do not intend working that is when the problems start... first you will have to prove how you are going to provide for your family with private health care and so on...if you intended getting a job that will support your family that pays Tax and Insurance to the government  then that will in title you to state health care and education for your whole family ...most xpats find it extremely difficult to find a legal job and tend to go self employed ..the NI contributions for self employment will cost you approximately €250 per month for one person . so provided you are married ether you or your partner can start self employment and pay the €250 per month NI contribution and that one payment will cover your immediate family.this is how it works at the moment so I can't see it being any different after Brexit ...other than applying to the Spanish government for a visa that allows you to work and stay in Spain .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 20/06/2017.

Like 2      
21 Jun 2017 2:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

After BREXIT,  UK citizens may be required to apply for RESIDENCIA as non EU Citizens,  instead of just being able to register on the EU Citizens Registration.

I personally do not think it will come to that but it really could.  And of course then the difference between Residencia and EU Registration, which some think are the same, will become apparent.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2017 6:31 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

jiohnzx

Residencia and EU Registration, which some think are the same, will become apparent.

Most people do know the difference and know very well they are not the same it is just simply an easier way to refer to.

I don't wish to be rude but you bring this up as often as you can and as another poster said some time ago can we simply just put this aside and accept it.

We will all discover the requiremnt or cahnegs (if any) over the coming months)

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air conditioning companies calahonda and surrounding areas - 6 posts
Should i put the wife on the deeds - 8 posts
Right Hand Drive Cars - 3 posts
Importing my car - 0 posts
Quiet on here - but not in town - 24 posts
MOT for Citroen Berlingo - 5 posts
Express Gas Fuel - 3 posts
Complementaria tax - 8 posts
Selling my British car in Spain - 0 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 2 posts
Help with Autonamo Query - 7 posts
Insurance cover in Spain, other drivers - 0 posts
Bank Bailouts - 3 posts
Recommendations for Private Healthcare for Expat Family - 8 posts
How much community fees do you pay?? - 24 posts
Car hire yearly insurance policy - 7 posts
La Union Whats it like - 0 posts
British Lions games - 2 posts
Drifting, may be helpful - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 3 posts
Tapas between Estepona and including Gibralter - 7 posts
black hairdressers - 0 posts
Solar panels - 15 posts
Really free Tv on any browser - 2 posts
My partial win. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x